weekly Superpippo's 52's for 2012 -Week 52 Busy added THE END

Week 23 - Abstract

Keeping plodding along here.

P1020100_-_Copy_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I love it! Definitely abstract without it being totally unrecognisable. Beautiful balance and sort-of symmetry too, and the colours, and the clean background... love it lots.

The only thing I would consider changing is to rotate it 90 degrees anti-clockwise... that way the lighter shell colours would be at the top and the darker ones at the bottom, which might give it that little extra something?

No worries. By tomorrow I might have posted Abstract so kill a few birds with one stone :D
You have too :LOL:

My god i'm so far behind on yours Alan i'm ashamed - I guess there is a hole in my De-and re-subscribe at every Saturday method :bang:

Soft - No: 2 for me, A nice crop, nice colours and I like the corner of the pot in the frame

Pride - Nice reflection, agree that more of the pattern would have been great, but like the movement caught !!!

Flight - Short - Flight - Authority - Leave... Commented on *phew*

Random - Nice idea !!!!! really like the colour of the wood and great composition with the fanned out deck

Temperature - What can I say... would love some of that this weekend :D
Great photo, like the way the dial is in the foreground, the dof and the real nice reflection

Abstract - I like that, no idea what it is, and the square crop goes real well

Right... finally caught up, I must remember to note you are behind, as I try and comment on the new theme only :bonk:

Hi Alan, a great entry for abstract. The colours are nice and subtle with good texture shown!

I wonder whether you could get away with an even tighter crop as well!:)

Oh, I love it! Definitely abstract without it being totally unrecognisable. Beautiful balance and sort-of symmetry too, and the colours, and the clean background... love it lots.

The only thing I would consider changing is to rotate it 90 degrees anti-clockwise... that way the lighter shell colours would be at the top and the darker ones at the bottom, which might give it that little extra something?

very abstract, I like it. I like the colours in there and the bg is good too.

Hi Alan, I like it, very abstract....er :thinking: what is it? Nice detail in the material and well lit(y)

How have you uploaded this? I'm viewing at work and can actually see yours, all others that use Flickr are blocked:razz:

You have too :LOL:

Abstract - I like that, no idea what it is, and the square crop goes real well

Right... finally caught up, I must remember to note you are behind, as I try and comment on the new theme only :bonk:

Hi Alan, a great entry for abstract. The colours are nice and subtle with good texture shown!

I wonder whether you could get away with an even tighter crop as well!:)

Definitely abstract and have just worked out it's a bicycle wheel although I'm now assuming you've cloned out the centre.

Hi Alan - Abstract -like a lot - very interesting, more art than photograph. A bike wheel and what else? And how did you do it??

You've done well.

I like your work so far.

Thanks all for the kind words. It has gone down better than I expected.

For those perplexed and those who have made a good guess, i can confirm that it is a bicycle wheel lampshade !!:wacky: Made in south Africa or Namibia and it belongs to and was brought back by our daughter from her travels (and no I don't know how she got it on the plane - but I do know it wasn't Ryanair).

It is made from a recycled wheel, mesh and chopped nuts/shells on wire strings. I took the shot lying on the table looking up so the background is the ceiling and the centre is the light bulb. So the centre is still there but obscured by the bulb. It looks like this:

light6.jpg

Vicky and Sarah - thanks for the suggestions - i will look at both.

oooooo Nice car. It looks like you've captured this one with spot on symmetry. You seem to have handed the exposure with the white bonnet really well.

Gorgeous car, and gorgeous shot :) The colour is bang on (I know that "old school car white" anywhere!) and the shiny bits are beautifully shiny. I love the bit of sky caught on the left.

I do feel that the crop is perhaps a bit tight, but saying that it does enhance the symmetry, so in the context of the theme I think it works well.

Now for the important bit: can I pop round and have a borrow...? :D

Alan,

Symmetry - Good take on the theme. Did you by any chance take any with less DoF? I don't think the background adds to the picture.

Temperature - I really like this. Bang on theme, and composition is great. And YES, I am very jealous of your weather!!! ;)

Week 25 - Moody

This theme has been hard work. I have had few, if any original ideas, and it has been getting me down. So, because I am 3 weeks behind again, i have resorted to using an old photo with a bit of PP to try to make it more moody.

At least I can address the next 2 themes and try not to fall further behind.

DSC_0328_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous car, and gorgeous shot :) The colour is bang on (I know that "old school car white" anywhere!) and the shiny bits are beautifully shiny. I love the bit of sky caught on the left.

I do feel that the crop is perhaps a bit tight, but saying that it does enhance the symmetry, so in the context of the theme I think it works well.

Now for the important bit: can I pop round and have a borrow...? :D

Just had a look outside and it seems to have gone missing - sorry :(

Really nice shot, love how its come out. The white is well exposed and looks like someone takes a lot of time cleaning it.

Thank you

Very nice pic that. Lovely car. The tightness of the crop works very well for me.

Thank you for comments re crop because i thought long and hard about that

Alan,

Symmetry - Good take on the theme. Did you by any chance take any with less DoF? I don't think the background adds to the picture.

Temperature - I really like this. Bang on theme, and composition is great. And YES, I am very jealous of your weather!!! ;)

Thanks Nathalie. I did not take any of the car with less dof because originally I wanted more of the windscreen and seats in focus but in the end I decided to crop a lot tighter. Presumably if I was a whiz at photoshop I could do some sort of blurring action - but I ain't no good :D

I was particularly please with temperature because I think that there are a number of elements in it that combine to convey the theme.

Quite like the processing on that Alan, certainly fits in with the moody theme.

Thanks

Symmetry: Good shot. Simple and effective.

Moody: Definately fits the bill. I like it.

Thanks for commenting

Sorry but I seem to have missed a couple of your pics symmetry works really well but you could make moody a bit darker i don't think it would lose anything

Sorry but I seem to have missed a couple of your pics symmetry works really well but you could make moody a bit darker i don't think it would lose anything

Thanks - will have a look at that

Oooo nice car! Fits the theme perfectly and well done for getting the white bonnet white:clap:

Moody, the silhouette works well with the posture of the people(y) I agree that it could be darker.

Thanks Marsha

Moody - great shot! Like the B&W and silhouette. Were they random people or models?

Thanks Mike. Taken in grounds of Palace of Versailles with OH, daughter and son of a friend. Cold and windy day but with a bright sky

Hi Alan.

Symmetry is a great idea, and well taken of a great car :)

Moody, I'm not sure. It's a nice shot, but I think there needs to be more contrast in the sky to really say moody.

Week 26 - Joy

Struggled a lot with this theme and finally decided on this. Not entirely happy but too far behind to mess about any more.

The joy(?) of typing on an Olivetti Lettera. The smack of the key on paper and the imprint which we don't get from our inkjets. But really slow!

DSC_0231_edited-1.jpg

Week 27 - Small

The baby of the bunch, not as big as its brothers and sisters

DSC_0253_edited-1.jpg

Week 28 - Straight

St annes Kite Festival last weekend and a visit to the beach revealed some eccentric displays and this one was pretty straight

DSC_1157_680x401_.jpg

But my submission would be the following - it is a scene much photographed (in fact I seem to recall some wire wool shots around it at the TP convention recently) -- but often it has no people in the shots to add the scale. So this group were taking advantage of the weather whilst the kites were flying.

DSC_1131_-_Copy_edited-1.jpg

Hi Alan,

Joy, great detail in this. I like how you can see the ink bleeding into the paper in the O. I'd like to see the J and the Y as sharp as the O.

Small, this made me chuckle, the small one is so small I missed it initially! Nice colour against the white background.

Straight, the kite shot had me guessing as I looked at it first before reading the description! It's such a random collection.
For your actual straight shot great composition, the people in the corner definitely add scale. They're not too obtrusive either, in fact I didn't notice them initially!

Nice to see you still here :wave:

Hi Alan,

Joy, great detail in this. I like how you can see the ink bleeding into the paper in the O. I'd like to see the J and the Y as sharp as the O.

Small, this made me chuckle, the small one is so small I missed it initially! Nice colour against the white background.

Straight, the kite shot had me guessing as I looked at it first before reading the description! It's such a random collection.
For your actual straight shot great composition, the people in the corner definitely add scale. They're not too obtrusive either, in fact I didn't notice them initially!

Nice to see you still here :wave:

Thanks Marsha for the nice comments.

I tried to get the J and Y as sharp but i think that the lack of sharpness is due more to the dried out black ink on the ribbon , whereas the red ink ribbon was used less and so made a crisper image when struck.

Also pleased to be still here. I always have lots of ideas for the themes and my wife has lots of good suggestions too - it is just my lack of swift photographic ability that slows me down. Also I find the 'emotion words' hard to get right. e.g. fear, moody and joy,.

I really like the pea pod really nice colour and exposure

not sure i like straight being in the top half of the pic looks slightly odd :thinking:

Back