Monthly Southdowns' 2013 etc Thread - December Great Eggscape Posted

Thanks Christine, they do look a bit like daffs don't they!

Jason, I do a lot of borders!

Last edited:
Light trails. There just wasn't enough Northbound traffic to get better red trails, but I think this is OK, even though its heavily burned in PP :)

Tunnel 2.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Thanks Jason, Lee, Stan :)

Last edited:
Your star trails shot is only 20 images? That time-lapse is great, just a shame it's so short. As it's been hinted as a future theme I'd be interested to know how you made it.

Yes, just 20 four minute exposures. I ran out of clear sky after that!

Making the time lapse couldn't be easier. I used Time Lapse Assembler (Mac only). All you have to do is drag your sequentially numbered jpegs into it, set options, and click! Job done :)

The hardest thing about a time lapse is getting enough shots for a decent length movie. At a typical frame rate of 24 fps for a reasonably smooth movie, you need 1440 shots per minute!

Last edited:
Ahh, my exposures were only 30 seconds long, so that explains it.

Thanks for the link, It'll come in handy if it's a theme in the coming months.

The tunnel shot is superb, a lot different from the normal car light trails. Works really well!

Matt

Cheers Jason, Matt :)

Last edited:
This is NOT a February submission. It was taken for last year's 52 challenge, but I thought I'd post it as it's a multiplicity thingy, and shows you where my watermark image comes from :)

W16 - Pride 3.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers Matt. It should be working now :)

Last edited:
H, the orb is a cracker. The one I did was a bit closer, might post it in the meet thread.

The Contre Jour is nice as well. Has a real relaxed feel to it.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy :)

I have a great idea for multiplicity; I just hope I can pull it off!!

Water drops is evading me at the moment :shake: We'll see.

Cheers guys :)

Stan, that's me! It took a fair bit of planning too; I had to ask the store manager for permission earlier in the week, return at 6am today when they weren't busy and "the store looks its best", report to the duty manager, do my shopping and pay for it, then transfer it to the two trollies, find a closed checkout, and then frame the shots so that there were no customers and no price points in them (Asda rules for photos).

I have to say though that they couldn't have been more helpfull. It just shows that the hardest thing is often summoning up the courage to ask!

Last edited:
Your contre jour shot has the most contrast of everyones so far. The shadows are great and it's nicely composed.

Multiplicity is superb, kudos for going to those lengths to get the shot. Well worth it. I can tell you I was definately in bed while you were doing this :D Excellent shots.

Thanks again everyone :)

February Natural Light (and Bubbles)

I'm not going to be doing a separate bubbles shot, because to be honest I'm not that interested in the subject, but I managed to sneak some into my natural light shot, below ;)

This was shot in late afternoon low sunlight today, with the sun pretty much behind Isabelle (just slightly to her right). I used a white reflector to get light onto her face; no fill flash.

Bubbles in Natural Light.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Last edited:
I just spotted this on Flickr. The lighting is fantastic and beautifully composed. Superb Mark.

Very nice set this month mark the bubbles and the girls face has got a lovely glow with the light.

....note to self I must try harder

You first submission is a cracker, really like that shot. Been trying to do mine this week but it just isnt coming out as i want, so i know how hard it is to get a keeper!

Your multiplicity shot is another great one aswell, i like the length you have gone to get the shot and the planning involved. Nice and sharp and made me laugh.

I have to say though, you natural light submission is the best for me. The warm tones from the flight, the highlight on the hair and the sharp bubbles make this shot for me.

Thank you :)

Stan, I'm banking on that counting for two themes, as I doubt I'll get water drops or a separate bubbles one done. Should just make it with triptych though :)

Multiplicity, nice, and :clap: for asking. I did spend a bit of time looking at the blending....bit couldn't find any crit. For me, an excellent set up. Just your face, I, afraid, :D, I'd have liked a few different expression. Can't have been easy though.

Great light in natural light. Well set up, lovely detail and timing is spot on. Think I might have cropped your daughter to just left of the ear :thinking:

Cheers.

Hi ya

thought I'd take a wander round this challenge to offer some support to you lot of nutters (y)

Asda....cracking shot...well done you for asking ...no idea how to do it but like the end result :clap:

Bubbles & natural light...beautiful portrait type image with added interest :clap:

Thanks Andy, and thanks for popping by Lynne :)

Back