2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

I'm doing the spreadsheet again this year (if anybody wants to pop and have a look just for statistical reasons) but I will be changing the way I keep it up to date.

As regular 52's know, we usually start the year with 100+ entrants and this amount drops drastically in the first few weeks, then months.

SO, I will not be adding links and photo's to new entrants until they have shown commitment, please don't be offended, I just dont want to spend hours setting up links again for the person to then not post an image at all

If you have done the 52 in the last 2 years I will have your links etc ready and you will be on the top part of the sheet, all new entrants will be directly below, again in alphabetical Order.

(If you are close to finishing this years 52 or generally trying to catch up I have left you on the top part of the sheet until I hear that you will not be participating :))

I'm currently thinking of moving new entrants to the top list once the first 12 weeks are over, and then dropping people down again when they fall over 4 weeks behind, this makes for much easier viewing for those people up to date'ish... this will also push some of us along too :D

Last edited:
Do we? Don't we?

Ohhhh that you MUST... besides, I have added you to the sheet now so no way out for you two :D

For those that wish to view progress please follow this link here (All above people have been added and /or marked as IN for the coming year) - TP 52's of 2014

Last edited:
Hi DK,

I'm not in this year but will be watching with interest. If there is a theme i fancy i will "post and be damned" ;)
Ahhhh that's a shame Alan, I have been enjoying your images this year !!!!

All the best mate, see you around the forum when I venture out and about :D (y)

Ohhhh that you MUST... besides, I have added you to the sheet now so no way out for you two :D

For those that wish to view progress please follow this link here (All above people have been added and /or marked as IN for the coming year) - TP 52's of 2014

:kiss: you're a star.
I've added the link to the OP.

Do you want some more themes for the bag? I have some I've been using at work if you want them.

The only things I've been using at work over the last year probably aren't printable on the forum, let alone as a theme ;)

There are still plenty in the bag, but always happy to add some more. If you (or anyone else) has any suggestions pop them in here and I'll add them in :)

Well, we have a new baby on the way and work is not going to be fun this year...

...but screw it. I'm in......
Super Job (y)
Count me in for my first ever challenge
Nice one :)
I'm in for this year had a failed attempt in 2013 due to a lap top dying did try to keep going on a tablet but struggled so bought myself a new laptop yesterday and ready to give 2014 a go
Welcome back Craig (y)

All added to the sheet... we now have 27 Entrants confirmed :thinking:[/quote]

I think ill have a go at this tried it on another forum but only made it to wk 10 b4 I gave up/forgot :(
Heres to it going better for you this year David (y)

These are some of the ones we've been using for GCSE Photography this year: phobia, fusion, journey, hope, nature, here & now, place, sequence, structure, everyday, motion, ceremonies.
Some of them sound good mate !!!

I was going to submit a few but, being a tad boring, thought I'd have a good think. It's easy to submit themes and then when they are pulled out and posted go, "what was I thinking!"

Cow...hhmmmmmm:)
COW.... don't get him started !!!!... on second thoughts, need to drag his arse in here :D

There are now 29 signed up for this year... so getting there slowly

I have finally finished my 2013's 52, and have an 'Odd' in the editing... so onwards and upwards guys !!!!

Last edited:
So 2012 I tried and failed, I set myself some unrealistic targets like always must be taken on a cycle ride and include my bike in some way. I lasted about 9 weeks before time got tight to keep up with my impositions.

So spurred on by happysnapper I have decided to give it a new attempt, I need to get back into my camera after a year of being away alot and decorating a new house.

Wish me luck im in, and with a new desk job and no going away I have every chance of going the distance.

I look forward to seeing everyones pictures and takes on the theme.

So 2012 I tried and failed, I set myself some unrealistic targets like always must be taken on a cycle ride and include my bike in some way. I lasted about 9 weeks before time got tight to keep up with my impositions.

So spurred on by happysnapper I have decided to give it a new attempt, I need to get back into my camera after a year of being away alot and decorating a new house.

Wish me luck im in, and with a new desk job and no going away I have every chance of going the distance.

People drop out for a variety of reasons: too high expectations (yes you can have them ), can't take crit, life gets in way, get bored, gets too hard, etc, etc.

Join in. Keep it fun.

Cheers.

Welcome Dan, it's my first year at attempting this so not quite sure what I've got myself in for yet :confused: But already I'm hooked! Look forward to seeing your pics.

I'm doing the spreadsheet again this year (if anybody wants to pop and have a look just for statistical reasons) but I will be changing the way I keep it up to date.

As regular 52's know, we usually start the year with 100+ entrants and this amount drops drastically in the first few weeks, then months.

SO, I will not be adding links and photo's to new entrants until they have shown commitment, please don't be offended, I just dont want to spend hours setting up links again for the person to then not post an image at all

If you have done the 52 in the last 2 years I will have your links etc ready and you will be on the top part of the sheet, all new entrants will be directly below, again in alphabetical Order.

(If you are close to finishing this years 52 or generally trying to catch up I have left you on the top part of the sheet until I hear that you will not be participating :))

I'm currently thinking of moving new entrants to the top list once the first 12 weeks are over, and then dropping people down again when they fall over 4 weeks behind, this makes for much easier viewing for those people up to date'ish... this will also push some of us along too :D
I think staying up to date to stay off the wall of shame is enough motivation! :):)

Hi All. Please can I join in.......this kind of challange can only be a good thing

jump right in Jason...the more the merrier....set up your thread in the 52's challenge then get snapping :clap:

Got my idea for Odd , hopefully tomorrow I can shoot it & who knows...might even work out as planned ;)

Smaller number of people joining in this year I see.......does make commenting easier....trying to comment each week on 180+ posts was a nightmare at the start of 2013:eek:

I'm in, all I need to do is figure out how to post from Flickr to here using the iPad :)

...trying to comment each week on 180+ posts was a nightmare at the start of 2013:eek:

I'm trying to think of a strategy for initial comments. Although I'm uptodate so far :) Not sure I can comment on all posts as I did in previous years :thinking:

It is quite strange how after 3 years on TP52 I'm actually quite giddy to see what week 1 will bring :woot:

I was thinking of trying a 52 project again, having only reached July last year, so will be giving this a go! Having a theme may help (or hinder!). I tried a 365 a couple of years ago, but that lasted only until February - I think that was a step too far!!

If we get stuck or leave it late can we use an old photo that fits the topic?

Of course you can :)
It's your challenge, designed to challenge you so set yourself rules that are going to suit.
You can even use a joker if you want to skip a week or use something that's completely off topic.
My only suggestion would be to decide on your rules at the outset and try to stick to them. You'll get the most out of this if you try to push and challenge yourself.

That being said, we've seen so many people drop out over the years after falling behind with weeks - if you do find yourself lagging behind my advice would be not to stress yourself out over it or give up because catching up seems too big a task. Just jump back in with the current theme and go back to pick up any missing ones if and when you have chance.
This is supposed to be fun after all and not torture :LOL:

Count me in, it will be my first year at a 52 but I am really excited to give it a try.

Just a quick question, I'm not sure if it's been covered already so will apologise in advance if it has... Are we allowed to use a composite or montage as the submitted image? Or does it literally have to be a single image?

Now they are the words we DO want... don't we Andy :D

Are you two trying to get me into trouble? :ROFLMAO:

These are some of the ones we've been using for GCSE Photography this year: phobia, fusion, journey, hope, nature, here & now, place, sequence, structure, everyday, motion, ceremonies.

(y) Thanks Tony.
Added to the bag . . . a couple of "interesting" ones there that I hope come up this year :D

Count me in, it will be my first year at a 52 but I am really excited to give it a try.

Just a quick question, I'm not sure if it's been covered already so will apologise in advance if it has... Are we allowed to use a composite or montage as the submitted image? Or does it literally have to be a single image?

Anything that you want to include (y)

You can choose to restrict yourself if you want to . . .
eg: If you want to develop your editing skills this year, you could stipulate that you'll include at least x number of composites in your challenge or if you want to work primarily on photography technique you could decide to limit yourself to only doing x, y and z in PP.

In one of the very early years we had one member shoot exclusively on film and another member submit only mono images.

But that's entirely up to you! There are no hard and fast rules in the challenge itself :)

It can be whatever you wish/want it to be Bobby.
As Tony said above, use the theme as a springboard and interpret the theme as you see it.
It's your challenge.
Enjoy!

I'm in for the first time ever. Can't wait for the first theme to get started. This is just what I need to get me moving and challenged again at the start of a new year. Thanks for organising, I look forward to seeing everyone's efforts.

Back