2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

don't get him started !

4869.gif
cow.gif

How much is the 'PRIZE Money'? I'll split it 70-30 with you Sarah-Lee if you let me win every week!;)....... But don't tell anyone about my plan!
Is 'Dark Knight' going to automatically update the spreadsheet of the TP members taking part?
What's the 'Wall of Shame' all about in the spread sheet?

Last edited:
Please count me in again DK.

Sarah: many thanks for posting the rules. I did the 2013 challenge but somehow managed to miss the set of rules behind it! So my New Year's resolution is 'READ THE SMALL PRINT'.

How much is the 'PRIZE Money'? I'll split it 70-30 with you Sarah-Lee if you let me win every week!;)....... But don't tell anyone about my plan!
Is 'Dark Knight' going to automatically update the spreadsheet of the TP members taking part?

DK has nowt better to do so he'll be updating the spreadsheet ;)

For Wall of Shame read 'slackers' :)

Ahhhh hhhaaaaa you don't want to be on the 'Wall of Shame' :naughty:

Yes I will be updating the spreadsheet daily... ok nearly daily :cautious:

I have added Dan, Jason, Mark, Diane, Bobby, Quicksnapper and Paul - Welcome and good luck Guys :clap:

Mercurius - have added you in too, Glad you're staying on board :) - we are now up to 36 proposed/confirmed Entrants !!!

Shhhhh . . . Make it 60-40 and you're on
(Now who's volunteered to put up the cash prize?)

:ROFLMAO:

<EDIT> Why does the ROFL not Roll, maybe it should be renamed as 'Fell Over' :thinking:

:confused: That is actually a very fair point

So 2012 I tried and failed, I set myself some unrealistic targets like always must be taken on a cycle ride and include my bike in some way. I lasted about 9 weeks before time got tight to keep up with my impositions.

So spurred on by happysnapper I have decided to give it a new attempt, I need to get back into my camera after a year of being away alot and decorating a new house.

Wish me luck im in, and with a new desk job and no going away I have every chance of going the distance.

I look forward to seeing everyones pictures and takes on the theme.

Glad to see you having a crack Dan, best of luck, I'm sure you will see this one through :)

Hi, I'd like to try this challenge please. I've often seen these challenges and quite fancied doing one but never knew where to start. I work away through the week so I'm not sure yet if that's going to be a help or a hindrance! There's only one way to find out I suppose, hahaha, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Count me in if I'm not too late? I'll read the rules later ;)
Hi, I'd like to try this challenge please. I've often seen these challenges and quite fancied doing one but never knew where to start. I work away through the week so I'm not sure yet if that's going to be a help or a hindrance! There's only one way to find out I suppose, hahaha, I'm looking forward to the challenge.
Welcome to the 52's Guys (y)

Ohhhh that you MUST... besides, I have added you to the sheet now so no way out for you two :D

For those that wish to view progress please follow this link here (All above people have been added and /or marked as IN for the coming year) - TP 52's of 2014
Hi Dean,
Thanks for the push. We've left the boys at home and are away in the caravan at the moment - albeit I have to come into work today and tomorrow. I took some shots for "Odd" last night and then said to Sarah that I guess that means I'm now officially doing it again this year. I didn't need to do much editing to the image in the end so have used lunchtime as an excuse to post it up on my thread. Hopefully Sarah can get a shot or two in before the weekend as well.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for organising this again. I'm back in this year and have already posted a practice shot.

.....In its simplest form, every Saturday a theme is pulled at random from a bag and is posted in this thread.....

Someone said Saturday morning's just wouldn't be the same if they weren't doing a 52 (it was probably Andy :)) but I wondered whether the themes could go up on a Friday evening. It would give us time to think about the theme and plan the weekend ahead a bit more. Two clear days of photography. It's just an idea and I won't be upset if this is a non-starter as we all appreciate the effort you already take in adding the theme each week and all the other stuff that goes with the TP52.

Last edited:
Someone said Saturday morning's just wouldn't be the same if they weren't doing a 52 (it was probably Andy :))

I resemble that remark :)

but I wondered whether the themes could go up on a Friday evening. It would give us time to think about the theme and plan the weekend ahead a bit more. Two clear days of photography. It's just an idea and I won't be upset if this is a non-starter as we all appreciate the effort you already take in adding the theme each week and all the other stuff that goes with the TP52.

Not a bad idea at all. Thought, like you I won't be offended by a "get lost!" Or worse....bugger the bat smilie has gone :thinking:

Also, I'm feeling the pain at commenting on all posted photographs already :wacky: And we haven't reached week 1 yet.

Cheers.

I am currently recharging the camera battery and hope to upload an "odd" pic later today ;)

Off to reread the rules now ... :wave:

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for organising this again. I'm back in this year and have already posted a practice shot.

Someone said Saturday morning's just wouldn't be the same if they weren't doing a 52 (it was probably Andy :)) but I wondered whether the themes could go up on a Friday evening. It would give us time to think about the theme and plan the weekend ahead a bit more. Two clear days of photography. It's just an idea and I won't be upset if this is a non-starter as we all appreciate the effort you already take in adding the theme each week and all the other stuff that goes with the TP52.

Friday evening / Saturday morning really doesn't make much difference to me :)
I think this was originally a Sunday evening, then moved to a Monday morning and then a Saturday morning . . .
. . . if the general consensus is that Friday evenings work better for everyone I'm happy to change the timings.

Anyone else have a preference?

I'll post week 1 later tonight anyway - if people don't want to look they can click past it until tomorrow morning :D

Friday evening / Saturday morning really doesn't make much difference to me :)
I think this was originally a Sunday evening, then moved to a Monday morning and then a Saturday morning . . .
. . . if the general consensus is that Friday evenings work better for everyone I'm happy to change the timings.

Anyone else have a preference?

I'll post week 1 later tonight anyway - if people don't want to look they can click past it until tomorrow morning :D
Thanks for the reply Sarah. I'll keep an eye out tonight for the new theme

Friday night is good for me. Especially as I'm 'on the wagon' for a month :)

As the song goes, "all I want on Friday night is a theme that's not an emotion.....a nice 'simple' shape theme would be great...but I would settle for a outdoor type theme". Suspect this won't be a hit record :exit:

Cheers all.

Think I've just snapped a quick idea for odd will post lata to get the ball rolling for my thread ;)

As for when the topic gets posted I'm happy with what ever, u get a wk witch ever day/nite it goes up. But if it went up on a thurs nite ud have a day to think bout it b4 the wkend starts, I work 6-6 so it's dark when i go/return form work meaning the wkend is the only daytime shooting I'll get while it's winter!

I think I'd prefer a Friday evening/night - although my Saturday's are pretty tied up with sporting/musical/taxiing type stuff, every advantage helps :)

Also, Friday night is Pizza and wine night - wine will always help the ideas to flow ;)

Hi

I would like to join too please. I nearly did last year but bottled out, think I am ready for the challenge now!

Back