eoSimon’s 52 in 2022...week 26-34 catchup

Through a window and Technology - both tick the theme well. I think the dirty window panes actually help.

I like your chosen window shot, and the bridge in Ironbridge is spot on for tech.

A nice composition for the bridge... the path leads the eye to the subject.

I s that "The" Iron Bridge Simon? Nice pic of it.

Really like your chosen 'through the window' . Has a lovely feel to it, and also something to see through the window.

Technology - nice to see some old technology. I must get there one day.

I think you mean Flora, and not Fauna? It works well for the theme :) Exposure just right.

Discarded - sad to see but well spotted.
Flora - Yes i did mean that - i seem to have conflated them after thinking about it for two weeks ! Thanks and now edited.
Discarded - it’s true, sadly there was no shortage of subjects.

Last edited:
Discarded - that ticks the box Simon
Flora - an interesting take on the theme and well done I think

Both good shots to fir the theme Simon. I like the "flora" shot particularly.

I can see what you are getting at, but for me the edges of the window not vertical and it could have been cropped in much tighter, the blue and red is a major distraction to the reflection.
Pete

Re Unusual, I actually prefer the post box image, there is more colour and the hat is unusual, round here we have a gold post box from year ago, but I prefer the effort involved in knitting something to go on top of a post box. there are seem to be Lama farms everywhere.

Pete

Two good shots Simon, both work well, but I think that I agree with Pete above about the mailbox.

All nice shots Simon. Another vote for the postbox here..

Well spotted reflection. I really like the blue and the red either side as it adds context, but I do agree a little bit of straightening of the verticals would be good. Squaring everything up is something I often struggle with at the time, I must say.

Edit: Unusual - well llamas are more unusual around here than the knitted post box bonnets, so it better fits the theme for me, but really either are perfect. I agree that technically it looks a little better and I like that you have got her/him looking at you.

Last edited:
I can see what you are getting at, but for me the edges of the window not vertical and it could have been cropped in much tighter, the blue and red is a major distraction to the reflection.
Pete

Re Unusual, I actually prefer the post box image, there is more colour and the hat is unusual, round here we have a gold post box from year ago, but I prefer the effort involved in knitting something to go on top of a post box. there are seem to be Lama farms everywhere.

Pete

Two good shots Simon, both work well, but I think that I agree with Pete above about the mailbox.

All nice shots Simon. Another vote for the postbox here..

Well spotted reflection. I really like the blue and the red either side as it adds context, but I do agree a little bit of straightening of the verticals would be good. Squaring everything up is something I often struggle with at the time, I must say.

Edit: Unusual - well llamas are more unusual around here than the knitted post box bonnets, so it better fits the theme for me, but really either are perfect. I agree that technically it looks a little better and I like that you have got her/him looking at you.

Thank you all for looking and for the feedback. I've done a quick edit in flickr to straighten the beach hut image.

I have recently acquired a nifty fifty so decided to get acquainted with it in the week 16 challenge: trees.

Week 16 trees1 took this in a stately home walled garden and felt it really popped against the sky.
View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/193280673@N06/52048526541/in/album-72177720295917350/

Week 16 trees2 tbh I took this one because of the carpet of bluebells
View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/193280673@N06/52048766809/in/album-72177720295917350/

Last edited:
Trees - I keep seeing a leafy shape just to the left of the tree in the center that looks like it's dancing with the center tree. Once I saw that I couldn't unsee it... :D
Hole - good shot, and the hole in the middle is mimicked by the "holes" in the o's from polo.

Trees - I keep seeing a leafy shape just to the left of the tree in the center that looks like it's dancing with the center tree. Once I saw that I couldn't unsee it... :D
Hole - good shot, and the hole in the middle is mimicked by the "holes" in the o's from polo.
Yes i think the trees have a figurelike quality too...part of why i chose that image. Thanks.

The Polo just had to be done. Looks good too.

Yup, someone had to do it! A strong composition that works really well in mono.

Tress- lovely gnarly shots
Polo - laid money on someone doing this :LOL: but very well executed

Both great shots.

On your SPORT shot, you might want to amend your link though as the link in the main thread takes you to... the main thread. ;)

Also - when you're sharing from FLICKR there's another way to do it so you don't get all the graphics over your image.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlKBDd3yvm4

Thank you Kell. I’ve fixed the link and will look at the vid later

That looks like an expensive bike, mind you he looks into bicycling in a serious way.

The pink shoes add colour to the image.

Pete

Both on theme. Loving the pink overshoes for a bit of colour. Looks like a serious cyclist with those handlebars. Nice depth of field.

Lovely sky in the sunset. I like the dark cloud at the top matching the lower shadow.

Back