weekly Mandy's 2015 52 challenge Week 11 Crowd added

Hi again Mandy

Neat idea ... you might find me sneakily nicking it one day. :)

Welcome back Mandy, good to see you're still here! Two very interesting shots to start with, love the focus on the bubbly bit on the second one (y) With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

Hi again Mandy

Neat idea ... you might find me sneakily nicking it one day. :)

Great start Mandy :D I think I prefer #1

Thanks guys for dropping by and looking.

I prefer the first out of these two personally. The design on the wrapping paper is too clear to me in the second and vies for my attention with the bubbles. A good start to the year though.

Well here we are onto the first week's theme and I have to say I have had some fun with this image, I have decided to go for a product shot style of image for Muller's new yoghurt. I did have another idea for what I wanted to do but the weather has not been very kind to me, so I had to have a bit of a rethink. I have a photo HERE of my original set up of what I used and HERE is a before sooc shot, before editing. To edit my photo I loaded a copy into Photoshop then I created a new background to which I added a gradient fill to then I moved my image across and after much hair pulling and :nailbiting:. I managed to work out how to remove the unwanted bit of background I didn't want, I then created a new layer to which I added my text. It has taken me since I took the photo at 16:03 till just after 18:00 to edit it how I want it, I am not a 100% happy with it there are one or two things I would like to change but I need to learn how to.

Bliss

Bliss by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Well done on perseverance with editing - I only just noticed the writing on the right though ( viewed on iPad )

I note it's only the lid, presumably the content could not be included because you ate it! :). Can't get closer to the theme than that.

A good start to the year Mandy!
Pattern - I also thought ice was involved, I prefer the first shot!
Bliss - Well spotted in the shop. I think I would have preferred to have seen the pot as well as the lid to give a bit more depth. Well done on the processing though - it's something I need more work on!

A good start to the year Mandy!
Pattern - I also thought ice was involved, I prefer the first shot!
Bliss - Well spotted in the shop. I think I would have preferred to have seen the pot as well as the lid to give a bit more depth. Well done on the processing though - it's something I need more work on!

Thank you for dropping by and commenting.

I like your simple approach to the theme.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Hey Mandy! I really like it overall - looks quite magaziney (if that's a real word [emoji15]). Well done on the PP, I just get too frustrated with it all[emoji23]

Hi Mandy

another interesting take on the theme.....might have to try one of those Greek style yoghurts :)
Good choice of gradient colors, pp looks good for a 1st attempt....it always takes me 3 or 4 goes to get an image how I want t to look ( & even then it can look pants ! ).

The writing is the thing that irks me .....what is Sherbliss ? I'd be tempted to pull the writing lower down in the frame to be level with the lid then crop in a little from either side

Hi Mandy

another interesting take on the theme.....might have to try one of those Greek style yoghurts :)
Good choice of gradient colors, pp looks good for a 1st attempt....it always takes me 3 or 4 goes to get an image how I want t to look ( & even then it can look pants ! ).

The writing is the thing that irks me .....what is Sherbliss ? I'd be tempted to pull the writing lower down in the frame to be level with the lid then crop in a little from either side

Thanks for the comments Lynne, there are a few things that niggle me about the image and the placement of the writing is one of them. By the time I had finished on the pp work all I could see were little pixels, my eyes were tired. The words I was trying to come up with something that Nicole Sherzinger would say in a tv add. But I struggle with that sort of thing as my little brain is not full of creativeness. Thanks for popping in and Looking comments most welcome :), I start as I mean to go on and improve in all areas.

Hi Mandy, while I suspect that the image may not be the best you have ever taken, you are to be admired for all the pp effort put in to the end result. Turning a simple pot of yoghurt into a worthwhile 52 entry doesn't happen without time and patience. You are off and running which is more than can be said for me. Well done!

Hi Mandy, while I suspect that the image may not be the best you have ever taken, you are to be admired for all the pp effort put in to the end result. Turning a simple pot of yoghurt into a worthwhile 52 entry doesn't happen without time and patience. You are off and running which is more than can be said for me. Well done!

Thanks for looking

Great idea, I agree though that the white writing is a little hard to see on that background.

Hiya Mandy... nice idea and definitely on theme in a difficult week. I'd probably prefer the yoghurt at a slight angle and I'd be tempted to have a play around with lighting direction/type to try to soften some of the specular highlights reflecting off the foil... but boy, it's a hard week this week so well done for capturing.

Hiya Mandy... nice idea and definitely on theme in a difficult week. I'd probably prefer the yoghurt at a slight angle and I'd be tempted to have a play around with lighting direction/type to try to soften some of the specular highlights reflecting off the foil... but boy, it's a hard week this week so well done for capturing.

I did have a bit of a play around with the lighting, I was curled up in a tiny floor space on my bedroom floor trying to get the best place for my flash gun. It was a difficult theme, I really wanted to do an out side shot but the weathers not been good to me. I think out of the 10 or so images I shot ( which can be seen in my opening post ) I felt was my best one. But there is a few things I would of like to have done differently before the cramp set in from crawling about in such a small space.

I am liking the idea of this and the flow of colour from the background to the yoghurt top. You need to add the missing "e" to sher bliss and I think I would change the writing colour to possibly the red or darker green colour, couldn't see the writing initially when I looked on my phone. You have the darker green as an outline. maybe worth trying both versions just out of curiosity. Then sell it to Muller. it really as the makings of an advert. :clap:

I am liking the idea of this and the flow of colour from the background to the yoghurt top. You need to add the missing "e" to sher bliss and I think I would change the writing colour to possibly the red or darker green colour, couldn't see the writing initially when I looked on my phone. You have the darker green as an outline. maybe worth trying both versions just out of curiosity. Then sell it to Muller. it really as the makings of an advert. :clap:

Thanks for the comments and for looking.

Excellent idea Mandy, a well spotted product, a nice bright image, I feel darker text would make this a real nice clean product shot (y)

Cheers Dean for the comments, I will have a tweak and see what I can do.

Point 1. you learned something, which is, IMO, what it's all about.

It's an interesting take on the theme and really pops. I might have gone for a less bright BG so the text and lid popped out a bit more. The bright area from the flash is an issue.

Overall, on theme.

Cheers.

After taking on some of the comments from @HeartandSoul and @Dark Knight I have done an edit on my image. My edit included a change of colour on the text, and a complete change of words ( I wasn't happy with the first go ). I have also moved the writing over a bit closer to the photo, and then cropped the image a bit more then finished up by moving my water mark.

Bliss edit

Bliss by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Sorry to be the first to point this out but it's 'indulge'.

Text a lot better now, struggled to see it in white

Back