weekly Mandy's 2015 52 challenge Week 11 Crowd added

A very clever interpretation Mandy,
and as the others have said, the second one works far better than the first

Hi again Mandy,

great idea for the theme, and I agree with the others, the edited version is much stronger :)

Wonderful images Mandy, I never thought of using oil before seeing your patterns, it's a great idea and works really well,
Your Bliss shots look great too ! infact i'm feeling hungry now, lol. :)

I like this idea super product shot super colour match to background and think it would work even without the text

Wonderful images Mandy, I never thought of using oil before seeing your patterns, it's a great idea and works really well,
Your Bliss shots look great too ! infact i'm feeling hungry now, lol. :)

I like this idea super product shot super colour match to background and think it would work even without the text

Thanks for the comments.

Pattern - Clever thinking to find a subject for the theme. I feel #1 is slightly stronger for me as there's more patterns in there to keep the interest

Hi Mandy

You would get a job in a marketing department with that imagery…. although If I'm being super critical why is the picture not centred in the frame like the text? Also not sure it needs the dark border line? But as I've said PP like this really is not my thing so i'm maybe just missing some good reasons as to why.

Much prefer the edit to the original though… Good work!

Mark

Pattern - Clever thinking to find a subject for the theme. I feel #1 is slightly stronger for me as there's more patterns in there to keep the interest

Hi Mandy

You would get a job in a marketing department with that imagery…. although If I'm being super critical why is the picture not centred in the frame like the text? Also not sure it needs the dark border line? But as I've said PP like this really is not my thing so i'm maybe just missing some good reasons as to why.

Much prefer the edit to the original though… Good work!

Mark

Good interpretation of the theme Mandy and I also prefer the 2nd image (y)

Thanks for dropping by and looking.

Thanks Mandy ... I enjoyed reading your tales ...

It has taken me since I took the photo at 16:03 till just after 18:00 to edit it how I want it, I am not a 100% happy with it there are one or two things .....

You're a fast learner ... I'm still working on pics I took years ago.

Hi Mandy, bliss needs a little more work I feel, you have improved on your original version the writing more prominent, but the blown out highlights on the lid need a little work

Hi Mandy!
Just catching up on feedback and wondering what im gonna photograph for Fragile as most of the ideas i had have been gazumped:(

Bliss.... Love the idea! i think the composition is very good wouldnt have thought of that! The secont edit is much better and works well with the crisp clear text..... Bliss indeed eh! I see people have mentioned the highlights on the lid of the packet. This can be a real pain to get the lighting right without the reflection. In the case of that lid it will be impossible to restore the text behind the highlights.... Anyhow Great Shot!

I'll tell you a little secret providing you dont tell anyone else and no one is listening............ So promise not to tell............ If you spray the top of the lid with hair spray it cuts the reflection right down. Often used on Props and in theater lighting sssccchhhhh dont tell anyone else!

All the best
Steve

Well what a couple of weeks it has been for me, and not at all good. I lost my job on the 7th :(, so I have masses of things to sort out. And if that was not bad enough my washing machine died the other night :banghead:, so I am now left in a bit of a pickle. And now onto Week 2 and the theme Fragile, I have to say that this theme has given me a headache. I couldn't think of anything fun or clever to do for this theme, so I have had to work on the Fragile Skin Theory. I wanted to do another product style Shot, but everything I wanted to do was not working for me. And after a couple of hours worth of messing about with pp work and a moody slow laptop, I am going to have to settle with a post and be damned shot.

Fragile

Fragile by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Thats a real pain about your Mandy :(
And of course the washing machine didn't help either :(

Without making light of it, I'm guessing you are feeling fragile too.
A selfie with the above text would also have worked.
But indeed skin can be fragile :)
A nice and different interpretation of the theme :tumbs:

Sorry to hear about your job Mandy :(
I like the lighting and how it shows the metallic in the lid.
I like your interpretation of fragile because that's how some people must feel after paying a lot of money over a number of years for something that doesn't work :coat:

Sorry to hear about your job and WM too. Not a good time to happen. :( :hug:

Anyway, I like your subtle approach to the theme. A very clean and sharp image but just that cast of shadow to the left......

Thats a real pain about your Mandy :(
And of course the washing machine didn't help either :(

Without making light of it, I'm guessing you are feeling fragile too.
A selfie with the above text would also have worked.
But indeed skin can be fragile :)
A nice and different interpretation of the theme :tumbs:

Sorry to hear about your job Mandy :(
I like the lighting and how it shows the metallic in the lid.
I like your interpretation of fragile because that's how some people must feel after paying a lot of money over a number of years for something that doesn't work :coat:
'

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look and comment.

Hi Mandy, very sorry to hear about your job -it sounds like you're having a rough time at the moment.

Fragile - good sharp image and choice for the theme

Fragile

Nice sharp image Mandy.
Like the lighting, my only niggle would be the shadow at the back of the picture

Hi Mandy, very sorry to hear about your job -it sounds like you're having a rough time at the moment.

Fragile - good sharp image and choice for the theme

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

It's a very ad-like, professional style picture you have made there. I think the theme has been a bit shoe-horned in there but I'll let you off since you are out of a job. :)

Hi Mandy, Sorry to hear about your job :( what a bu66er! just what you dont need! That and the washing machine just doesnt help.... Well hope you got your machine fixed now.
I like your picture, i did have a play with these sort of images because a friend asked me to shoot some of the parts he makes for Trials and Scramble bikes.... Not as easy as it first looks....
Personally i like a bit of shadow, shows its "Real" add something... bit less anesthetic, Nice clean clear shot.
Anti wrinkle uummmm can i buy that in extra extra large tubs;)?

I really hope things get better for you soon
Take Care
Steve

It's a very ad-like, professional style picture you have made there. I think the theme has been a bit shoe-horned in there but I'll let you off since you are out of a job. :)

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Hi Mandy, Sorry to hear about your job :( what a bu66er! just what you dont need! That and the washing machine just doesnt help.... Well hope you got your machine fixed now.
I like your picture, i did have a play with these sort of images because a friend asked me to shoot some of the parts he makes for Trials and Scramble bikes.... Not as easy as it first looks....
Personally i like a bit of shadow, shows its "Real" add something... bit less anesthetic, Nice clean clear shot.
Anti wrinkle uummmm can i buy that in extra extra large tubs;)?

I really hope things get better for you soon
Take Care
Steve

Thanks for the kind comments, as for the washing machine will be without one for a long time. As I have no idea on when I will be back In work, I keep trying to look on the bright side that while I have no money, I at least have time for my photography.

Sorry to hear about the job. I really hope you get sorted soon. In the meantime keep taking pictures. I like this one. The lighting is nice. If anything I feel cropping top and bottom would really lift the image and concentrate the eye on the product.

Sorry to hear about the job. I really hope you get sorted soon. In the meantime keep taking pictures. I like this one. The lighting is nice. If anything I feel cropping top and bottom would really lift the image and concentrate the eye on the product.

Different take on the theme there Mandy. Lighting looks great and the bg is nice too. A great product shot. If anything I would like to see the end of hydration in view a litle more.AAs peter has said a crop would work.

Thanks for the comments, will have a look at a crop later on.

Hiya Mandy... per my comments on the other thread, fingers crossed for you job-wise!

I think you've done really well on the lighting of the product: it looks really good. The shadows could be sorted with a second light source (window?) but apart from that I think you've done really well here... it's a cracking product shot. I agree with Peter's suggestion of a crop top & bottom, but that's just adding the gloss to an already well-lit and well-shot image. Great job!

Hiya Mandy... per my comments on the other thread, fingers crossed for you job-wise!

I think you've done really well on the lighting of the product: it looks really good. The shadows could be sorted with a second light source (window?) but apart from that I think you've done really well here... it's a cracking product shot. I agree with Peter's suggestion of a crop top & bottom, but that's just adding the gloss to an already well-lit and well-shot image. Great job!

Thanks Paul for the kind comments on my image, really need to get a second flashgun. As for a new job I really hope something turns up soon, I still have a washing machine to buy.

Sorry to hear about your job Mandy, hopefully something will turn up soon.

Nice take on the Fragile subject, good image.

Phil

Really sorry the job didn't work out Mandy. After a week like that, you must have been tempted to just post a selfie, because I'm sure you're feeling pretty fragile at the moment, so well done on the face cream! Nice crisp detail on the text and just enough highlight and shadow to stop it looking like it's floating in mid air. Hope you get everything sorted soon.

Back