weekly Marsha's 2014 52 Week 11 added 03 Apr.

Another vote for #1. It's definitely got more interest than the others. The sparkles against the wet rock works well on it.
Bubbles #2 for me. Cracking detail and well lit.

Cheers.
Hi Marsha, 1 for me too quite like 2 too but like the DoF in the first
Bubble #1 for me is a cracker...the rock and the sunlight really add to it. Nicely done :)
NO 1 for me too. Those little starburts are magical (y)
Bubbles - no1. very nice; nothing else to add really
Loving number 3 of the bubbles!
Another vote for #1 - lovely sparkly bubbles, I like the starbursts as well. :)
Love the first one - aren't we lucky living where we do and having such lovely light :D
Aren't we just :)
Both great images hard to pick
Bubbles - No.1 is great, I love the sparkles you've managed to capture. Really well done :)
Hi Marsha

Bubbles #2 for , love the shape the bubbles are in over the rocks , super sharp & glistening in the sun :clap: Like the others as
well but not as much as #2
How did I miss this after seeing them on Flickr so early :D

You picked my fav... image 11 as your first shot, such a good combination of all the elements of the others for me, sharp bubbles, shiny rock, bokeh and Starbursts - wow :clap:
It definitely stood out from the rest!
Hi Marsha
Bubble - good work (y)- some lovely detail and good, but restrained colour. #1 has good focus - that small rock to RHS really stands out- and the bubbles and starbursts are super. I like comp and shape in #2 but it does not have the depth of #1 - b/g is a bit too defocussed.
Many thanks everyone, been a long week as I've got the lurgy. How is that allowed out here?

I was hoping to try something else this week but a slight bug made me think again! I got this last Saturday up in Kyrenia. I hate to rub it in but it was beautiful and sunny with amazing blue sky for most of the day. This guy was wearing a big coat, he must have been very warm!

I'm hoping to get round to more commenting this week. The hubby is back to work so more time to myself again for selfish TP stuff :)

Nice capture and a good take on theme.
I like the pensive pose he has got, whats he thinking.

My only crit would have been to move to your right a bit to move the post from his head.

It's an interesting shot. I think it could be improved a bit by a tight crop on the smoker to take out a lot of that blank sky and distractions to his left and right. Also cloning out the post would help.

Hi Marsha

Not gonna crit smoke...I failed for the 1st time in 166 odd weeks to get a shot :crying:

by the way.....how dare you mention blue skies & sunshine :LOL:

Certainly on theme Marsha (y)
You've captured a mood here, it tells a little story in itself, good work.
I agree cloning out the post would help it along.

Great shot Marsha (y) I noticed there's no women sat outside the cafe :thinking:.............. they must be all at home preparing dinner! :whistle: :D

As mention, shame about the post (heater?) behind his head :)

Bubble, great shot, I prefer No 2 though.
Smoke, bang on theme, its a nice shot that works for me in B&W.

Nice one for Smoke, something a bit different, just the odd bit of rak in front of his nose / right eye that I'm getting confused by?

Classy watermark though. (y)

Nice capture and a good take on theme.
I like the pensive pose he has got, whats he thinking.

My only crit would have been to move to your right a bit to move the post from his head.
He's probably thinking 'why is this woman behind me lifting her camera up every time I take a puff on my ciggy?'

Great capture on theme, nice composition my on,y crit would be to clone out the post by his head.
It's an interesting shot. I think it could be improved a bit by a tight crop on the smoker to take out a lot of that blank sky and distractions to his left and right. Also cloning out the post would help.
Yep nicely caught... quite a bit of sky that could be cropped I think, even just the top to below the metal on the post, but a nice relaxed feel to the scene caught in the shot with a perfect DoF (y)
I have actually cropped it so the dude smoking is on the third. I quite liked the lamp post in the left, I didn't want to crop that out!

Hi Marsha

Not gonna crit smoke...I failed for the 1st time in 166 odd weeks to get a shot :crying:

by the way.....how dare you mention blue skies & sunshine :LOL:
Have you seen my photos from Kyrenia on FB :whistle:

Just in case you missed them, this is the sky I have to suffer

:exit:
Smoke. I love it there is something about street photography that always appeals to me
An area of photography I am interested in, but not quite brave enough yet to photograph a stranger brazenly in front of them!
Certainly on theme Marsha (y)
You've captured a mood here, it tells a little story in itself, good work.
I agree cloning out the post would help it along.
Hi Marsha, maybe it would have been a bit better taken more from the right but its still on theme, well seen (y)(y)
I was sat at a table just behind him and couldn't exactly manoeuvre much!
Thank you everyone.

Great shot Marsha (y) I noticed there's no women sat outside the cafe :thinking:.............. they must be all at home preparing dinner! :whistle: :D

As mention, shame about the post (heater?) behind his head :)
Actually you must be rightm everywhere was full of men, not a local female to be seen!

A nice original idea there...I like these type of shots. Perhaps a good job you did it in black and white....the blue sky wouldn't have gone down well here in the UK;)
See the photo above :exit:
Smoke, nicely exposed for the smoker. Slight crop would improve IMO, especially of the RH side.

Cheers.
I've already cropped it, I don't like to crop too much!
As said you've nailed the exposure on the subject. Compositionally spot on but I'll add another vote for cloning out that post.
Loved the beach shots of the kids Marsha, hope you're keeping well. :)
Cheers Brian, the kidlets have shared their lurgy so trying hard to prevent a chest infection just now!
Bubble, great shot, I prefer No 2 though.
Smoke, bang on theme, its a nice shot that works for me in B&W.
Thanks. the bright yellow seat covers meant mono was the only way to go here!
Nice one for Smoke, something a bit different, just the odd bit of rak in front of his nose / right eye that I'm getting confused by?

Classy watermark though. (y)
Cheers Graham, not sure what that is on his nose, maybe just caught something in the wrong place behind him!

Glad you like the new watermark, its a work in progress that only took two days to design and turn into a custom shape! Boy that photoshop lark takes ages to learn seemingly simple stuff!

Hi Marsha
Hope that you are feeling better.
Don't worry about showing shots of the sun - we are heading for the apocalypse here.
And tell that bloke in the shorts to stop showing off his strength. Someone has already given him a head start in pushing it over anyway.
And as to Smoke - well spotted - just as most have said, distractions about the heater post and the that bit by his nose. But overall the strong pose of the chap smoking holds the attention anyway.

Hi Marsha
Hope that you are feeling better.
Don't worry about showing shots of the sun - we are heading for the apocalypse here.
And tell that bloke in the shorts to stop showing off his strength. Someone has already given him a head start in pushing it over anyway.
And as to Smoke - well spotted - just as most have said, distractions about the heater post and the that bit by his nose. But overall the strong pose of the chap smoking holds the attention anyway.
Cheers Alan, my mild cold is now a hacking cough (surprise surprise) lots of asthma inhalers + lots of shakes, not great for photography! I will try and PP that post out at some point!

Nice shot that works well for the theme and like the BW conversion (y)

Thanks Micheal.

I headed of down to the rocks to try and get some shots but it was blowing a gale and I was feeling crap. But as I searched I found this carved in the rock, quite apt for the date!

The white stuff is dried salt, so hopefully fits the theme on a number of levels. With the amount of cliffs around here though I will be looking at a possible reshoot of this theme!

C&C welcome, sorry I've struggled this week and not had the time (or been awake enough) to comment!

Yup :)

I'd be concerned if there was snow along the coastline in well above freezing temps! Hail stones, now they could make a brief appearance this weekend!

:LOL: I'd forgotten you were in Cyprus - you could have taken a quick trip back to the UK though ;)

Very fortunate to find such an apt image in a rock. Spot on theme.

Last edited:
Appologies for missing your thread excellent so far really enjoyed catching up through your images.

Your mineral pic is very good lucky find or not its a great shot.
Did also really like your smoke shot (y)

Good find Marsha (y) ........you lost me with the 'apt date' thing though :thinking:

You did well to find the mineral shot, I like the rock colour with the white of the salt

Back