weekly matwest904q's 52 in 2014 Thread

This juxtaposition works well in b/w. Well-spotted. Amazing the quality of shot you can get on phones now.

Positive - Good link with the theme. Can't help but notice you had to correct the word positive right at the end of the letter. Nice idea for the pen though.

Time - Definitely like this one. The focus on the clock tower with the oof statue in the foreground really lifts this beyond the ordinary. Just to be pedantic to the above posts - Big Ben is the bell not the tower :whistle:

Positive, on theme and good clarity. Liking the sentiments on the letter and well composed...the letterbox crop works well. As it's a positive theme I'd like to see a colour version.

Time, I like the gritty processing and I like how the chap on the gorse if facing the clock.

Cheers.

Good composition and DoF for Time with the Great Westminster Clock in focus.
( Another pedant but my excuse is that I have walked around behind the faces of the clock :) )

Hi Ya

great spot & a great shot for time from a phone :) amazingly sharp detail on the clock face ......I'd possibly clone out the flag on the lhs ?

Hi Matthew, loving the big ben shot (y)
Two great shots both fit the theme nicely, really like the Big Ben shot.
This juxtaposition works well in b/w. Well-spotted. Amazing the quality of shot you can get on phones now.
Very thoughtful image for positive, like the B&W and use of the "PEN" (y)

Anther nice B&W for time, I like the vignetting which helps highlight Big Ben and the POV is excellent (y)
Very thoughtful image for positive, like the B&W and use of the "PEN" (y)

Anther nice B&W for time, I like the vignetting which helps highlight Big Ben and the POV is excellent (y)
Positive - Good link with the theme. Can't help but notice you had to correct the word positive right at the end of the letter. Nice idea for the pen though.

Time - Definitely like this one. The focus on the clock tower with the oof statue in the foreground really lifts this beyond the ordinary. Just to be pedantic to the above posts - Big Ben is the bell not the tower :whistle:
Positive ....an excellent unique take on the theme.
Time....smashing composition.....it looks great in the black and white too :clap:
Positive, on theme and good clarity. Liking the sentiments on the letter and well composed...the letterbox crop works well. As it's a positive theme I'd like to see a colour version.

Time, I like the gritty processing and I like how the chap on the gorse if facing the clock.

Cheers.
Good composition and DoF for Time with the Great Westminster Clock in focus.
( Another pedant but my excuse is that I have walked around behind the faces of the clock :) )
Hi Ya

great spot & a great shot for time from a phone :) amazingly sharp detail on the clock face ......I'd possibly clone out the flag on the lhs ?

Thank you all for comments and my apologies for not having the time to get back to you individually. Normal service will resume in a couple of weeks hopefully.

Swirl: excellent Matthew ... like a 21st c. product shot. (y)

Hi Mathew

Swirl.......can see it but the image overall isn't working for me , sorry. Too much clutter in the bg ( though that does maybe add context to where it was shot) & it appears a smidge on the squiff...ccw rotation maybe ? Quite like the desat look though :)

Swirl: excellent Matthew ... like a 21st c. product shot. (y)
Thanks, ha it could be but I'd hate to have anything to do with promoting McDonalds! Their breakfasts are good though.

Hi Mathew

Swirl.......can see it but the image overall isn't working for me , sorry. Too much clutter in the bg ( though that does maybe add context to where it was shot) & it appears a smidge on the squiff...ccw rotation maybe ? Quite like the desat look though :)
Hi, thank you. Yes, you're right about CCW but that is a full colour photo.

Some of my shots and themes have been a bit of an insight into my work and personal life. I could go out and stage shots (which I have at times) but I much prefer taking shots as and when I go about my everyday business. This is just my preference, and sometimes if a theme comes up that doesn't involve my everyday life then that's when the staged shots get a look in. Each to their own and all that but that's how I'm focusing on my first Photo52 challenge.

Hi Matthew :)

I'm with the ladies on this one, way too much in the shot with the chosen crop :)

I Love David's fun addition which for me helps brings it into context a bit more and a more pleasing crop to the eye... I must say I like the DoF and the colours :)

Back