Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

On a short drive after some shopping saw some locals

watching_ewe_s.jpg

and

brown_not_black_s.jpg

Can anybody tell me what breed these two are (I know I've asked before). The horned sheep showed some strange, to me, actions. When I stood at the gate to the field it came up and stood up against the top bar and then started pawing the bottom bar. I've stopped there before and it has never has it done that. Was it hungry? And another less bold

not_as_brave_s.jpg

All with a Pentax K3

Howard

Can anybody tell me what breed these two are (I know I've asked before). The horned sheep showed some strange, to me, actions. When I stood at the gate to the field it came up and stood up against the top bar and then started pawing the bottom bar. I've stopped there before and it has never has it done that. Was it hungry? And another less bold

Hebridean Perhaps.

Hebridean Perhaps.
Thanks Beth for your reply. I Googled "Hebridean" and, to me, the horns look different to "my" local animal. I keep going back to look at Welsh Black Mountain Sheep. The white one looks very much like an image on their web page. There's never anybody around when I stop there.

I'll keep looking.

Howard

What I will say about this shot is that maybe you should have moved a few steps to the left and got the gull right in the middle of the arch. Other opinions are available. :D
That's an interesting observation Nev, I also took several other angles and distances and that was my favourite. I also like this one with the full arch reflection.

007 11 03 23.jpg

Went out looking for hares boxing for the third weekend in a row. Still no joy! Saw quite a few red kites, some deer and a few solitary hares.

P3121763-1k.jpg

P3122158-1k.jpg

Sadly, the deer were all sat down. I've never seen that before!

P3122512-1k.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, bricklayers at work. In the 1960s, there were not many cranes at sites for building houses, but many unskilled helpers carrying materials on their shoulders or using wheelbarrows.

Today, cranes are used, and one could ask oneself where unskilled migrants could work ... --- :

DSC03866-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

DSC03864-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

Preparations for the installation of solar panels :

DSC03868-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

Hi, work in the neighbourhood in the morning, - And from 10.00 a.m. the internet was down :

DSC03878-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

I checked at 4.00 p.m. It was not their fault. They worked on a sewage pipe :

DSC03879-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

(At 5.00 p-m. the internet was up again ... )

Hi, on our dog-walk we met a poodle mix (the brown one) ... :
It looks like it has a fair bit of Schnauzer in it too.
I love the great Dane, all feet and ears at that age :)

Hi, on our dog-walk we met a poodle mix (the brown one) ... :

View attachment 384188

... and a shy 13-week old Great Dane :

View attachment 384189

View attachment 384190

View attachment 384191

I've a poodle - a large one. He has been to France where he is a Caniche Royale, and to the Netherlands, where he is a Koningspoedel. He has never been to Germany, so I've no idea what he is there, but I like both these names better than our Standard Poodle. We also have a poodle mix. A small cockapoo, which belonged to my mother-in-law and when she couldn't look after her we got her.

I've a poodle - a large one. He has been to France where he is a Caniche Royale, and to the Netherlands, where he is a Koningspoedel. He has never been to Germany, so I've no idea what he is there, but I like both these names better than our Standard Poodle. We also have a poodle mix. A small cockapoo, which belonged to my mother-in-law and when she couldn't look after her we got her.
Hi, in Germany standard size poodles are called Pudel, small ones Zwerg-Pudel and the big ones Königs-Pudel.

I must ask the lady with the poodle mix shown above, what breed her dog really is.

I keep going back to look at Welsh Black Mountain Sheep. The white one looks very much like an image on their web page. There's never anybody around when I stop there.
They look like Welsh Mountain sheep to me. But I'm not an expert on Welsh sheep.:)

Back