weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

I'm not too sure on this one Andy :thinking:, the thumbs well lit, good pp skills (y) but overall it just doesn't do a lot for me interest wise :)

Something different, certainly works for me (y)

Yep, works for me too Andy (y)
Central composition works well in this instance, good work light painting? your thumb.
Maybe just a wee bit more light on your fingers but that is being picky.

Chests ;)

Cheers, iain, lokoing on my work's PC and it's very darl at the bottom and on my hope laptop it's a lot brighter....must by a calibrator.

I don't get it ;)

Hi Andy, nice idea with Iain on the tad more light thing

my major gripe is the wording, is "cocksure" a positive word, most people I could describe as being that, well cock would be enough.
I think you have probably missed February's POTY as well its March over this side of the country ;)

Yeah, the cocksure word, blame OED Thesaurus :) I wanteda bit of drama.

March....indeed.

Cheers.

A good but different take on the theme, I am not liking the word cocksure, and I do feel a smidgen more light on the fingers as Iain mentioned would be so much better.

No wories on the 'c' word. Might have an edit to add more light as it's much brighter on my laptop.

I'm not too sure on this one Andy :thinking:, the thumbs well lit, good pp skills (y) but overall it just doesn't do a lot for me interest wise :)

No worries, Phil, it was very much a back up of a back up. I still have time for another go.

Cheers all.

Ending - prefer the edit with dropped petals which makes it more on theme. I struggled to understand the connection when I saw #1.

Positive - yes it is!

Ending - prefer the edit with dropped petals which makes it more on theme. I struggled to understand the connection when I saw #1.

Positive - yes it is!

Yeah, fair point re first Ending.

I see you've got the writing on things to a tee (y) :D

A smidge more light for me too.

Ah, you remembered :)

Very different Andy

The light and detail are excellent on your thumb, the text adds some interest and bolsters the link to the theme (y)

The rest of your hand, well it would certainly look odd as light as your thumb, but unsure if slightly lighter would be better :thinking:

Cheers, edit below.

Ending - much prefer the edited version without the bright pink vase, which I found distracted attention away from the flowers.

Positive - also prefer the lighting on the edited version and a good take on the theme. I'm not a great fan of added text, because I think if a shot's good enough to convey what it's all about (which this is) anything else is just gilding the lily - but that's just a personal thing.

I thought of doing a thumbs up for "Positive". After an embarrassing number of takes I scrapped the idea.

But this is good Andy. :clap:

(the lettering interests me ... I saw something on the net about a PS wraparound filter??)

Ending - much prefer the edited version without the bright pink vase, which I found distracted attention away from the flowers.

Positive - also prefer the lighting on the edited version and a good take on the theme. I'm not a great fan of added text, because I think if a shot's good enough to convey what it's all about (which this is) anything else is just gilding the lily - but that's just a personal thing.

Cheers, yeah, I did gild the lily. Main reason was to improve my PP skills (y)

Well it's certainly very upbeat :) great for the theme...I like it.

Thank you.

I thought of doing a thumbs up for "Positive". After an embarrassing number of takes I scrapped the idea.

But this is good Andy. :clap:

(the lettering interests me ... I saw something on the net about a PS wraparound filter??)

Thanks. I could not remember how to do it as I did for another submission so had to do each letter individually. Now I remember, I used a displacement map in PS. Sounds harder that it is :)

Cheers.

Positive: Funny, I had the same idea. was undecided whether to photoshop or hand write the words onto the body so scapped it.

Saying that, I do like what you've done here. Nicely (as always) and dramatically lit to compliment and focus attention onto the words.
I like the inclusion of the C word for a bit of drama and debate.......

great job with the canoe paddler chap.... shutter sppedd spot on to catch the movement in the oar and the water but keep the body sharp.

Processing not working on the sense of scale, (you already know that), and a crop off the bottom for me too.

Flowers in the vase - nice strong central composition works, nicely lit, the edited version with the toned down pink works better too.

(y) for positive.. agree the fingers need more light, think it's a shooting / lighting issue rather than a PP one though. Text is good and follows the contours of the thumbs well... and you really needed a thesaurus to think of 5 positive words?? ;)

Ending - 2nd edit for me, the inclusion of the fallen petals is a very simple but very effective idea

Positive - like the idea, did wonder about a b&w conversion but think the colour wins!

:clap:

Positive: Funny, I had the same idea. was undecided whether to photoshop or hand write the words onto the body so scapped it.

Saying that, I do like what you've done here. Nicely (as always) and dramatically lit to compliment and focus attention onto the words.
I like the inclusion of the C word for a bit of drama and debate.......

My writing is terrible :)

The C word did seem to stimulate some feedback.

Cheers.

great job with the canoe paddler chap.... shutter sppedd spot on to catch the movement in the oar and the water but keep the body sharp.

Processing not working on the sense of scale, (you already know that), and a crop off the bottom for me too.

Flowers in the vase - nice strong central composition works, nicely lit, the edited version with the toned down pink works better too.

(y) for positive.. agree the fingers need more light, think it's a shooting / lighting issue rather than a PP one though. Text is good and follows the contours of the thumbs well... and you really needed a thesaurus to think of 5 positive words?? ;)

Thanks, the canoeist was somewhat fortuitous :)

5 words, I knew loads but wanted time different ones and would never have thought of cocksure.

Cheers.

Ending - 2nd edit for me, the inclusion of the fallen petals is a very simple but very effective idea

Positive - like the idea, did wonder about a b&w conversion but think the colour wins!

:clap:

Never thought about B&W, might have an edit.

Cheers all.

(y)

Positive - Good lighting, I prefer the original, and a good take on the theme

Positive - Good lighting, I prefer the original, and a good take on the theme

Thanks. (y)

Hi Andy
Positive - spot on them for me - the raised thumb is positive and the writing adds a bit of a difference - and i really like the script that you have chosen. i prefer the unedited version as I think that the words are more subtle - the edit seems brash

This is why I like TP, different perspective.

Cheers.

Works for me too Andy great stuff.:)

Nice one, thanks.

Hi Andy, I like both images the central position works the back round helps it stand out and the wording is the wording it works :)

Cheers, the wording was for training purposes, but I do like it IIDSSM.

Cheers all.

Ending - The edit is far stronger. The change of vase colour has really improved things and I like the addition of the dropped rose petals. Not keen on the border though. I find is distracts away from the main subject.

Positive -Again the edit is working better. The extra exposure does really help. Nit-picking - maybe use different fonts for each of the words?

Ending - The edit is far stronger. The change of vase colour has really improved things and I like the addition of the dropped rose petals. Not keen on the border though. I find is distracts away from the main subject.

Positive -Again the edit is working better. The extra exposure does really help. Nit-picking - maybe use different fonts for each of the words?

Cheers, Peter, borders really are a weakness of mine :)

It didn't cross my mind to use different fonts :arghh:

Cheers.

Went out last night with isabelle for my time photograph. Set up and she got a headache. .. dragged her around for another 30 minutes but it wasn't going to happen. I have a few backups if nothing else comes along :)

Cheers all.

THIS IS A (better) PLACEHOLDER :) I rightly deleted the one Allan referred to.

Well, it's all gone pear shaped with my laptop.

No idea what's happened but Lightroom, Photoshop have gone from my laptop and I've got virus' coming out of my ears.

"No problems, I'll just reinstall! Now where's the software?" No idea.

Anyways, I have a Time but can't edit as I need Photoshop for the full effect.

So here's a placeholder, 'Time for a trim' that needs/deserves no comments.

Just about caught up with comments. Have an idea for Swirl.

Good job I haven't got a cat.....metaphorically speaking.

Week 11 Time backup
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Nice one Andy, good colours and exposure. The composure really works, wish I knew why!

Well, here's my Time submission.

Hardest one I've ever taken. "Really?!", I hear you ask...

Well, I don't do street photography. I get overwhelmed with a real sense of panic, and usually just put my camera away.

For this one I went into Leeds city centre at 7:20 and I took this one around 8:00. I used my tripod and merged several photographs. A few people looked at me and I started to :puke:

Anyway, It's far from a great photograph but I had a real sense of accomplishment and maybe next time it will be easier :)

Cheers all.

Week 10 Time travel
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi Andy, nice idea for ending and the toned down vase is much better, but I'm not keen on the border.
Positive, it took me a while to figure out why on a thumb :bonk: Maybe just a tad more lighting on the fingers to make them more visible. The missing ends of some of the words bothers my OCD as well! Oh, just seen the edit, better a little brighter.

Don't you just hate it when technology fails, hope it's all sorted now?

Time, not sure on the background, all the shops are a little distracting with all the different colours.The dayglo yellow on the left looks like two people are merged together. Have you tried this in B&W? I do like the idea though for the theme, and having done a similar shot last year I know what it's like setting your camera up on a tripod in the city. But I did have Iain for company!!! Well done for doing something outside of your comfort zone though (y) Hopefully next time it'll be a lot less :nailbiting: next time!

Hi Andy.. For me this weeks submission is not really about the photo or the composition or the processing but the personal achievement of getting into a busy city and doing something you're not comfortable with.

You got the shots... Nothing bad happened and you should be able to be much more relaxed in the same situation in the future.

Good for you. (y)

Interesting 'Time'. I can imagine a person standing still somewhere in the picture that is not blurred at all; that would be an alternative.

Interesting 'Time'. I can imagine a person standing still somewhere in the picture that is not blurred at all; that would be an alternative.
Iain @blakester and I did shots like this last year, we both had a statue in shot in focus as people rushed by! It is rather effective.

I'm with Graham on this one Andy, well done on getting out there and having a go (y)
The image itself does work, when scrolling down on my screen, I used the top edge of it to 'crop' your image. Just below the red shop banner gives a whole different perspective IMHO.

Marsha @The goblin and I did have a good day out shooting a similar style, it is easier when you've got company but I must admit, it does get easier when out on your own. I have been out loads of times in London, setting up my tripod, lying on the deck and suchlike, people will look but I pretend I haven't seen them looking and just carry on :D

Time - you have two very interesting concepts, and it like the ideas behind both of them. The second image I feel would work so much better with the top red part of the sign on the building cropped. I did the same thing as Iain did and it to me has a much stronger impact. And great stuff for having a go street photography's not my seen either.

Back