weekly Tracy's 52 challenge 2015 - Heat added.

Hi Tracy,

Bold - I like your choice of flower, the colour is gorgeous but I think the hazy background makes it look a little too muted for the theme

I love this one, I think the bold part of the theme is the colour so it's perfect for that. And the softness of it really makes the picture, very good :clap:

Its certainly a bold colour Tracey.
I'm not totally convinced that the processing or the DoF works though.
Maybe just the whole flower head would have worked better?

It's a lovely flower and I quite like the composition and the green BG.

Pity the light in the BG is a little uneven, I would like to see more in focus, though, shallow DOF works well sometimes, but there's nothing that stands out enough for a shallow DOF IYSWIM.

Cheers.

Hi, Have to disagree with some of the comments above I like the processing and the shallow DoF it has a quite dreamy quality to it

Hi Tracy

Bold is beautiful , super color, perfect placement in the frame & although the theme is Bold the mistiness seems to suit as the purple really pops :clap:

Companions - I’d have liked to have seen a shallower DoF to throw the background out a bit more but the main subject is definitely nice and sharp sitting well on the third

Elegant - I like the idea behind this. Forgive the pun but I feel the legs need lifting (exposure wise) a bit more to separate them from the dark doors. The overall feel though does have an elegant feel to it so spot on for the week’s theme

Watery - The subject is fitting for the theme especially with the foreground. You’ve mentioned the lighting which is the luck of the day but still you got out there with the camera

Bold - I’m loving this one. The purples are super and the ultra shallow DoF is very apt for the overall feel. Even the background tones are working well with this. Nice one.

Tracy...bold is indeed beautiful.
I would be delighted to have taken that image. Very nicely done.

Love your bold shot Tracy - soft and dreamy, bold colour (my fav purple!) really would like that on my wall!

Sorry im still not getting hardly any free time to comment, im beginning to wonder if I should give up rather than keep going and disappoint other on here that take the time and effort to leave comments? :(

Will do this week though ;)

Relax:

View attachment 31694

Hey Tracey… Don't give up…. Don't put the week on week delivery of a picture as a pressure. It's a 52, a year of photography… If your life is like mine then work and family come first… but yet you might go out and in one shoot cover three themes…

I find also this is a hard time to get shooting… It's cold and dark when you get home from work and that can just put you off… make you tired etc etc… not that that's an excuse… but photography should be a joy not a chore. So if doing this is a chore give up…. but if its just a matter of time…. well time is very much on our side!

Catching up on your pics… Love your relax shot! Many of us have captured animals chilling out for this theme… but hey defo a great subject.

Keep going Tracey, dropping out first is my prerogative :D
A nice relaxed dog there (y)

Sleepy doggy. Ours does that.

Does he/she have 'sleepy-doggy-feet'? We have had three dogs and two of them had this syndrome where their sleeping feet smelled, er, sleepy. Very distinctive and not at all unpleasant.

Hi Tracy ... the "commenting" side can be hard (I think I'm doing better at it this year than last). If you can't manage it then don't do it ... maybe just give a thumbs-up smiley to a pic that catches your eye! I doesn't mean you have to give up posting your shots.

Nice relaxed dog ... got an eye on me.

Keep going Tracey, dropping out first is my prerogative :D
A nice relaxed dog there (y)

As Chris says keep going, I can guarantee you're not the only one struggling for time. I must admit that I have been a little lax when it comes to commenting.

Anyway as to "Relaxed", there have been a number of animals added this week, however this one really stands out, a lovely conversion. I particularly like the DOF, face nice and in focus and the catch light just finishes it off. (y)

Hi Tracy - that's a very relaxed looking dog, nicely shot.

I agree with the others, if you're enjoying the challenge stick with it and don't feel you have to comment on every pcture that's posted - maybe just odd ones that you really like :)

Hi, very chilled out pooch works well except for whatever is sticking up behind his/her head

Great shot for Relax. I went animal too that week, so I appreciate the sentiment behind it. Love the way he has one eye barely open. Nice use of DOF to detract from the patterned bed sheet.

I don't comment with the intent of "getting them back". Because I know that sometimes life gets so busy it's not always possible to get round people's shots. Keep doing a photo for the theme, and eventually you'll get some time. Or maybe try just picking one or two of your favourite pics from the main pictures thread and commenting on them. It's easy to tell someone you like their shot (and why) and it keeps you hand in.

I find also this is a hard time to get shooting… It's cold and dark when you get home from work and that can just put you off… make you tired etc etc… not that that's an excuse… but photography should be a joy not a chore. So if doing this is a chore give up…. but if its just a matter of time…. well time is very much on our side!

This.

Nice relax shot Tracy (I'm thinking of using one of my dog however she doesn't look as cute as yours!) Don't worry about commenting - I find having time a prob too what with seeming to spend most of my time at work - I'm sure lots of us do.

:) Great shot, nice capture, my only crit is that the body which is the vertical is OOF due to the shallow DoF used but I'm just being picky, I really like it. Big thumbs up from me.

Thats an interesting take on the theme, and a nice image :)
But I agree with the others though.

Relax.....well, few things could look more relaxed :LOL: (and there's the awwwww factor)

Vertical......I've never understood how folks get so close to these without them just flying away! Very nice and fits the theme well.

Thanks everyone, I realised that it's not all in focus but it was the best one before it flew off and it fitted the theme so well lol ;)

Hi Tracy,

Vertical - nice and different take on the theme. It is a wee bit oof, but as you say you have to grab the shots before the little critters move. Well done :)

Hi Tracy. I like your choice of depth of field to isolate the subject. It's also clearly on-theme. I do find the statue(?) to be mildly scary though!

Get well soon!!

Really like this one Tracy.
Great DOF...lovely conversion.
I like the figure too.

Back