weekly 2012 52ers.....post YOUR half way favourite here....

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, well, for those still here...I salute you :clap:

I was thinking about a half way, yes half way, idea.

We post in this thread our best 52 theme entry so far with a bit of narrative: why we photographed it, lens/settings, what we feel it good and not so good about it.

Just an idea really so we can celebrate completing 50% of the challenge.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sounds good to me....all I need to do now is take my best shot ....got 6 weeks left to get one in the can :LOL:

Umm, but all of mine are perfect, how will I ever choose?

Back in the real world, great idea! I have subscribed.

Mind you, we are still seven weeks away from the half way mark! More like just over a third at the moment.

So, still plenty of time to get that perfect first half shot in :)

I don't think I've ever managed to take a photo that was Perfect, so that in itself would be a bigger challenge than going the distance with the Photo52.

Ah, but surely the "perfect first half shot" is by definition not a "perfect shot"? It's a shot that shows 26 weeks worth of progress, with potential to learn plenty more in another 26 weeks ;)

Anyway, what the heck are you talking about? Your photo here IS perfect; I simply cannot find ANYTHING wrong with it.

I am up for this too Andy, great idea. (y)

I don't think it will be from this weeks theme, its Friday night and I still don't have an image to meet the theme. :(

Just had another thought but don't really know how it would work in practice so bear with me on this.
Along a similar line to what Mark has done with Nathalie's image, he says (quite correctly) that the photograph is perfect. Do you think it possible that we could nominate each others photographs as opposed to us choosing our own?
I don't want to hijack or change Andy's great idea, just thinking out loud.

Iain

I wondered about that too, but like you don't know how it'd work. I wouldn't want it to be a competition (so not "who's done the best shot?"), but would be interested to know which of my shots others think is the best so far, and give the same feedback to others.

It could be done separately to this; just go around each others threads saying which of 26 shots to date you like best?

Do you think it possible that we could nominate each others photographs as opposed to us choosing our own?
I don't want to hijack or change Andy's great idea, just thinking out loud.

It could be done separately to this; just go around each others threads saying which of 26 shots to date you like best?

I like this idea too and I don't see why we can't do both.

Good idea, are the 09er's included ? Not that it makes any difference all mine are rubbish

sounds like a plan

I will also subscribe. I am quite pleased with my progress so far - no lates, no jokers, no more than 1 shot, and I think some improvement. I have tried lots of new things. However I think the 'lazy' ones are quite obvious, usually when I am too lazy to do much pp lol

I'm in, but may be out very soon due to my next deployment. It's impossible to plan anything at the moment. I'm still waiting for the date and in limbo.

Good idea, are the 09er's included ? Not that it makes any difference all mine are rubbish

Yes, but you need to post by the end of June 2009 at the latest!!!!

so, 26 weeks, what was the plan again? pick our own fave and fave of others'?

Back