2013 Photo52 Challenge : WEEK 52 Water

Aaaaaarrrggghhh !!!!

Sorry guys - Massively overslept this morning :eek:ops:
I've been struggling with this damn flu/cold for a week and I think my body just went into hibernation mode.
I didn't even wake up when the dog was nagging for her walk!

No one noticed Sarah ;)

Take care, hope you feel better soon.

Not wrong Tony... unless you have an otter or a dolphin to hand..... or an E-type jag....

Spreadsheet up to date... Ish :LOL:

Hi matey, no biggy but just to say, I submitted 2 for melt also, just not showing on the spreadsheet.
You've done a fantastic job with the spreadsheet through the year, thanks for that. I can imagine it is quite a time consuming job, but I for one really appreciate it (y)

Hi matey, no biggy but just to say, I submitted 2 for melt also, just not showing on the spreadsheet.
You've done a fantastic job with the spreadsheet through the year, thanks for that. I can imagine it is quite a time consuming job, but I for one really appreciate it (y)
Oppppsie :D

2 for melt added (y)

The Spreadsheet doesn't take long at all to be honest, just when i 'Fiddle' with it's content or design it takes a while, but thats self inflicted :geek:

I qualify as immune to the deadly man-flu, so hopefully I'll be better soon :)
Good job too :D

Now, does somebody want to own up to suggesting 'sleek' for the bag?
I have no idea, and would not even contemplate thinking it would be the twisted mind of Andy's that would think of such a word

Right I have caught up on a couple of my shots, updated the spreadsheet and am starting to catch up on some threads... I now NEED FOOD !!!!

Sorry if I haven't caught up on your particular thread yet, but I have opened up a tab for each I am behind on, and am DETERMINED to catch up a few each night and be up to date by the end of the week...

Not long to go fo this year now - WELL DONE to all that are still in it :clap:

So there I was thinking...:thinking: I wonder what we will get for theme 49. Then I realised that it was Tuesday! - Oh! - That'll be 4 more sleeps then :eek:

A quick couple of questions for all of us who are still in the 52.
How do you think the year has gone for you?
Are you happy overall with your images through the year?

I have been generally happy with the years photographs, theres been quite a few weeks where Ive thought :puke: but overall happy.

I might struggle to complete the year on time though, I am off to Australia in a couple of weeks for a month. Obviously, I can take the shots to the themes but might struggle with pp and uploading.

I have been generally happy with the years photographs, theres been quite a few weeks where Ive thought :puke: but overall happy.

I might struggle to complete the year on time though, I am off to Australia in a couple of weeks for a month. Obviously, I can take the shots to the themes but might struggle with pp and uploading.

Up and down. Really struggled to get enthused at times. My feedback has been left wanting at times.....sorrryyyyy. I don't feel I've learned much from a technical side, as I did in precious years, but my aesthetic and creative side has come along nicely, IMHO.

What would I improve....I'd like get out more, I feel I've taken too many indoor photographs.

Another question....will I be doing it again next year??? Well I'm on the final month of my ETC project, and would like to do POTY.....but can I resist a forth year of the 52????? :)

Cheers all.

Well, as a first timer ive learned a massive amount. I had a bit of a wobbly half way through where nothing would go right. However, with the help of the gang on the 52 i was helped through it, persevered, and as a result i feel my images have really improved. None of the learning would have taken place without the 52 and the support from TP.

Cheers all

Struggled MASSIVELY! I thought last year was difficult with having such severe illnesses and half the year as a single parent but I got through it and kept on top of the commenting.

I am happy with most of my shots as I have gone for the 'if not taken just don't post' approach as life has not been kind to me this year! I made the mistake of moving to a Samsung phone in January, the app is dreadful and you can't zoom in on the shots, the predictive text is a nightmare and it takes me hours to write everything so my ability to keep up to date while mobile has been hampered. That was how I managed to keep up last year!
Moving house, losing my Dad and being a single parent (husband has been a weekend dad all year, when he was back I was working) all year with the commute to work it's just been so exhausting!

I have to say I won't be doing it next year, my commitment to others this year has been a massive fail! Sorry, I tried and failed miserably to keep up. I will post photos for the rest of this year though, eventually!

I think I have had a better year than last year, it takes a while to get used to the thought process required.

overall 50/50 on wether I am happy with what I have produced, some of the subjects have been awful though, very uninspiring.

Have learned a lot more about PP so thats a plus point,
will probably start a third year :eek: but no idea how long I will last, might have a go at something else.

I have been generally happy with the years photographs, there's been quite a few weeks where Ive thought :puke: but overall happy.

I have not felt as comfortable with this year's Challenge but I have just gone thro my 46 shots so far and I have been surprised as to how many that I am still pleased with.
I prefer outdoor shots but I seem to have done a lot indoors this year because I have not managed to get a thread idea for o/s.
I have struggled with time and have been playing catch up for the last few months. This has a knock on effect as I try not to look at others' efforts before I post mine, so then I have a lot of commenting to catch up on. My typing skills are poor and so, whilst I can quickly get my thoughts in place, putting them on paper is a chore.
I am not sure that my skills have improved (my own feeling is that they are not very much better) and I still have no Photoshop skills at all. The only PP that I carry out is alterations to exposure, colour, sharpening and crop. So at the moment I am not able to create some of the effects that others seem to be able to achieve.
I am unsure as to whether to carry on next year. The big plus of the Challenge is that it makes me get out the camera every week, think about options for the submission (and here Mrs SP helps and encourages a great deal so that is a bonus) and look at others work and comment, hopefully helpfully. The minus point is the pressure of the time. I have considered the monthly options as a way of continuing the involvement and giving myself some time to experiment but the other Challenges seem a bit beyond me. I am not sure if there is a half way house. I could always set myself some topics/skills sets but I would miss the feedback. Again, being on TP every week does encourage me to take shots.

Anyway that is my ramble. I am grateful for the feedback and camaraderie that is part of this Challenge.

Have a good time in Oz Iain, but keep off the topic of the cricket.:puke: aaah but there again you are a Scot :exit:

I am unsure as to whether to carry on next year. The big plus of the Challenge is that it makes me get out the camera every week, think about options for the submission (and here Mrs SP helps and encourages a great deal so that is a bonus) and look at others work and comment, hopefully helpfully. The minus point is the pressure of the time. I have considered the monthly options as a way of continuing the involvement and giving myself some time to experiment but the other Challenges seem a bit beyond me. I am not sure if there is a half way house. I could always set myself some topics/skills sets but I would miss the feedback. Again, being on TP every week does encourage me to take shots.

Anyway that is my ramble. I am grateful for the feedback and camaraderie that is part of this Challenge.

:hug: Been far too busy to look at many of the threads over the last couple of months, but I'd be surprised if you'd really not improved a massive amount over the year. Sometimes we're too close to it to see it in our own photos.
You know you could always stick with the 52 next year, but only shoot one out of every two themes posted (give yourself a quiet week) or even one out of every four themes.
There are no real rules other than those that you impose on yourself !

Guess who's behind again :coat:I set off in January thinking every photo will be uploaded by Friday and that was my own rule, it went ok but I found myself taking photos I wasn't happy with just to get a photo uploaded. I still do sometimes as finding time has been a major factor. I got so behind on comments which I felt bad about so it's been a massive learning curve. I have however used the camera more than if I hadn't started which was the whole point. Will I Finnish, yes. Will I start again in January, yes. There have been some amazing images posted over the year which has been the reason I've kept catching up rather than drop out

Week 49 and I must be about 5 weeks behind again, and not sure whether I'll catch up. It was a mistake trying to do the POTY (and on film) and also the 52. The latter started out to be all film, then became a bit of digital, but now I so rarely take a digital camera with me that it's been mostly film. My main problem is getting away from just taking a shot because it fits the theme; I'd prefer to get a shot I'm happy with even if it only has a loose connection to the theme... But I also prefer NOT to see what other have done until I've taken my shots, which has really hit my feeble commenting efforts; humble apologies for that, and many thanks to those who have commented on mine.

I've wondered about doing my own version of a 52 next year. I spotted that 52 is twice 26, the number of letters in the alphabet, so came up with the idea of doing shots based around A to Z (either fortnightly or weekly, twice). I thought this might leave more room for my imagination than the themes; OTOH it might not force me into doing things I'd not tried before. But if I go in for the film POTY next year I won't attempt a 52.

I'm lost in the themes :bonk: Need to see what needs doing to catch up, As long as I am complete by the end of the year I will be happy. Apologies for not visting threads again. Things have been rather hectic, and illness has been playing games with me. My little boy has been quite rough this week as well.

As for next year, I want to go for it again!

Last edited:
Cripes...nearly all over for another year :crying:...still...got next year to look forward to :banana:

Well done to all still sticking with it , was never going to be easy but nearly there now .

As for my year....been a mare with work , struggled to keep up with comments for most of it but always get there in the end . Not inspired much , I have learnt some new things but don't think I've improved in the basic photography.....maybe I'm just becoming more self critical .
I'm not gonna give up though & will be back for more punishment next year...partly because I enjoy the camaraderie in the 52 thread & I've met some great people through it who I now class as friends , but also cos I know I'll never stop learning & this challenge is a great way to learn & broaden my photographic horizons .
So thanks one & all for all your help,support,advice & everything else over the last 2.75 years , it's been a blast (y)

Back