9th visit to the 52's! COMPLETED!!

Great images from you Michael, as usual!:clap:

Borrowed: Very nice indeed. It's crisp, well composed and the colours are great....excellent, brooding sky too, with a nice story.
Spooky: Wow, these are very frightening....your poor children!!:LOL: The abstract feel (esp. #2 and #3) works very well indeed! I think I like #3....the mono treatment works well with the flaring, and the 'face' is just terrifying!!

Great images from you Michael, as usual!:clap:

Borrowed: Very nice indeed. It's crisp, well composed and the colours are great....excellent, brooding sky too, with a nice story.
Spooky: Wow, these are very frightening....your poor children!!:LOL: The abstract feel (esp. #2 and #3) works very well indeed! I think I like #3....the mono treatment works well with the flaring, and the 'face' is just terrifying!!

Many thanks for the kind words Gareth, appreciated as always! When I showed the children the pics, my youngest was like iis that my pumpkin, it's cool...

Borrowed
Looks good to me. The boat standsout well against the background.

Spooky
A good little set, they've all for something going for them. #3 has my vote.

Apart from the number, is there a difference between the boats? That one looks quite brand spanking new!

Borrowed
Looks good to me. The boat standsout well against the background.
Spooky
A good little set, they've all for something going for them. #3 has my vote.

Thanks very much Dominic!

Apart from the number, is there a difference between the boats? That one looks quite brand spanking new!

Hi Joan, specification wise they are both severn class lifeboats, this one having been in service since 1999 according to this link.

1st Pumpkin picture for me. Hope you like pumpkin soup.

3rd one is kind of weird and very different.

Pete

I like the shot for song. Fits perfectly and is a lovely sailing image.
Borrowed is another clever taken the theme.
Spooky - a good selection of shots. I quite like the last one.
Short - I like the colour pop and the lead in of the fence line.

Spooky is definitely that! I like the short shot, that was going to be what I was going to do.. never mind :)

Thank you everyone :)

I like the shot for song. Fits perfectly and is a lovely sailing image.
Borrowed is another clever taken the theme.
Spooky - a good selection of shots. I quite like the last one.
Short - I like the colour pop and the lead in of the fence line.
Spooky is definitely that! I like the short shot, that was going to be what I was going to do.. never mind :)
Spooky, I like the first one. Good idea.
Short, good colours and a nice composition.
That's a nice shot, Michael. Love the processing and the colours really stand out.
Very good shot for 'short' Michael!(y)

The colours are excellent, and I like the selective colour technique.
The lighting is superb also!

Sorry to hear about the flooding that's hit your neighbourhood Michael.
Your image is all the more important with this in mind.
Hope everything is getting cleaned up quickly and painlessly.
Like the low PoV Michael, works well.

Hi Michael

Nice Image for short, I like the colour pop and plenty of detail in everything else.

Environment, typical messy scene at this time, I had to clear the gutters and drains round my way, but fortunatly we live close to the top of a hill so no chance of flooding.

Pete

Hi Michael,
I think you've forgotten to link these to the main thread...

Play - Would also have worked for below methinks... Liking the action being on the top and bottom thirds.
Far - Flying over a volcano... Scary in this day n age... Bang on theme.
Below - Cute moggy. DoF seems very shallow for f/6.3, but I guess up close and all that, or was it movement?
Free Week - Not my thing really, but nicely captured. It looks very dry out there in Lanzarote, I seem to recall rain at this time of year down there.

Hi Michael,
I think you've forgotten to link these to the main thread...

Play - Would also have worked for below methinks... Liking the action being on the top and bottom thirds.
Far - Flying over a volcano... Scary in this day n age... Bang on theme.
Below - Cute moggy. DoF seems very shallow for f/6.3, but I guess up close and all that, or was it movement?
Free Week - Not my thing really, but nicely captured. It looks very dry out there in Lanzarote, I seem to recall rain at this time of year down there.

Thanks Tim for looking in and commenting, I had forgotten to link them, been rather tired and exhausted recently. Forgetting what I have and haven't done.

The cat was near minimum focus distance iirc, As for the weather, we had rain each day for 4 days or so, getting soaked on a few occasions, the day in the desert area was really dry

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for follwing my thread and commenting through out the year on my pictures, it has been greatly appreciated. Appologies also for not managing to comment all the time, especially in the last few weeks. Have felt quite rough, down and exhausted and I just haven't managed to get engaged with much at all.

So to bring my 9th 52 week project to a close...

Ok, out takes, all the failed shots have been deleted, but I had some from around Birmingham Christmas market, forgetting to disable touch shutter!

Edit, Oooh I I just found some which didn't completely get blitzed from the recycle bin...

miss taken by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

And from my holiday in Lanzorote, thinking I would need the 100-400 (m43) and I didn't, the spotted dolphin were too close, I still tried though even if it was pointless!! also foolishly didn't put up my hoods to stop my cap (which I wear all the time when i'm out due to anxiety) blowing away out to sea!)

out takes by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Congrats! :)

Heya Michael,

Gratz on getting to the end once again !
  • Christmassy - not an easy shot to get I guess, with the crowds (though not Oxford Street crowded!) I may have tried to get the decoration more central, but I guess you were going for the left 1/3rd
  • Out-take - I think I'll go for the dolphin shots. I can especially relate to the cap shot, having lost a Le Mans cap into the foundations of a hotel in Southwark in high winds :(

Great work on the catch up Michael!(y)
And a big congrats for finishing your 9th 52 challenge...exceptional!:clap:

Play: Great, super sharp capture! Love the action and the colours are strong too.
Far: Amazing! Another great capture...excellent B&W processing too!
Below: Super shot of the little moggy...nice PoV and great textures on the rocks too
Snappers Choice: This is a really nice, detailed image Michael. A very striking bird and well photographed.
Christmassy: The reflections are really good and the colours are vivid and very nice indeed. Great fit for the theme!
Outtakes: There's some fun images here...the first set are hilarious...the one of your foot is a corker...I think we've all been there!!:LOL:
Shame about your cap...at least you have the photo to remember it by!!;)

Hi Michael great finish for 2019. I have a great collection of sea pictures from a dolphin watching trip, the sneaky bottle nosed burgers seemed to be everywhere that my camera wasn't pointing!

Congrats on the finish Michael.

Back