Allan.H 52 2023

Nice take on the theme. I'm also a wood-turner so nice to see a good piece of work on a lathe.

Hi Allan, lovely shot, nicely lit and cracking detail when viewed full-res!

Sorry, does the 'lid' get popped off at some point?

And whats the blue on the rounded end?? Some sort of filler?
Thank you Graham the lid is made separately it’s just a case of making it fit which it did at this point, the blue stuff is a filler called milliput a lot of people use it for modelmaking

Ohh, I'm impressed. I've always wanted to have a go. Nicely composed and subtle light.

Weird, what are they for, training trees?

Like the POV and composition, Mono conversion really nice and is that mock Tudor houses so just adds to the artificial. Nice shot.

Like the POV and composition, Mono conversion really nice and is that mock Tudor houses so just adds to the artificial. Nice shot.
Nice image, I'm guessing they are frames for climing roses/flowers? Suits the theme (y)
Thanks they are frames for climbing plants they have only been there a couple of years so not at their best yet also the time of the year doesn’t help

They are rather impressive. Nicely composed and works really well in mono.

Blimey - they look huge, although that is probably perspective. Very interesting, and nice in mono

Hi Allan, good interesting spot. Conservatively processed, I think they would have had significant haloing around them had you pushed the processing too far. An effective result with them just 'interlinking' together with the grey sky behind.

Last edited:
That's cool Alan, they must look great when covered with vines. They are very similar in shape to the image that I am going to post.

A well taken and well processed image Alan. B/W really makes them stand out.

Hi Allan, good interesting spot. Conservatively processed, I think they would have had significant haloing around them had you pushed the processing too far. An effective result with them just 'interlinking' together with the grey sky behind.
That's cool Alan, they must look great when covered with vines. They are very similar in shape to the image that I am going to post.
Thank you both.

Lovely picture with just the right focus on the text and the background blur. IIRC Irvine came to live in our village, Llandyrnog North Wales, to escape the scandal following his affair with a married woman.

Lovely picture with just the right focus on the text and the background blur. IIRC Irvine came to live in our village, Llandyrnog North Wales, to escape the scandal following his affair with a married woman.
Thank you

Hi Allan, you always make these look so easy. I imagine 10 years of posting one a week on whatever theme comes up has helped!
Nicely exposed and perfectly composed.

Last edited:
Nice shot Alan, love the line "adventured their lives"

Great composition and lighting. Very nice.
Made even more impressive by the fact that you turned the bowls yourself.

Back