Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

Very colourful Allan, nice shot

Lovely colours which stand out well against the well-chosen background, nicely done

Good choice Allan, I like the focus and the composition, that background really works well, is it a wall or some textured card?Whatever it is I like that a lot.

Thanks Susie, the BG is a wall in the house but I added a texture in PS

Lovely colours which stand out well against the well-chosen background, nicely done

Thanks Chris

That's nice Allan. I particularly like the olde oil BG.

You've managed to keep some good detail in that. Shooting towards the sky is always tricky.

B&W film eh? Impressive to have processed it that quickly.
Plenty of detail when zoomed in and it certainly separates from the background shot like that.
A sort of scally Christ the Redeemer

That the figure is looking upwards adds to the sense of height I think, well seen for the theme.

B&W film eh? Impressive to have processed it that quickly.
Plenty of detail when zoomed in and it certainly separates from the background shot like that.
A sort of scally Christ the Redeemer
Used the end of a roll of film Friday developed and scanned on Saturday

Shame about the sky, I would have loved a real moody and stormy sky but hey, can't be too fusy, it still works well with the black canvas, and the head glaring upwards works sooooo well to emphasize the theme :)
Thanks, I quite like the starkness of it but I see your point about a moody sky

Last edited:
Nice one, pretty good detail and the upward look works a treat.

I feel a caption competition coming on.

Height - for me just enough variation in the sky. I'm sure you would have liked a nice dramatic cloudscape to go with gritty textures but it is November so grey rules, sadly. Nice to see someone else getting film into the 52.

Height - for me just enough variation in the sky. I'm sure you would have liked a nice dramatic cloudscape to go with gritty textures but it is November so grey rules, sadly. Nice to see someone else getting film into the 52.
Thanks

That certainly looks remote with the track making a good lead-in, the white window frames stand out well in the mono. Nice sharp photo.

That certainly looks remote with the track making a good lead-in, the white window frames stand out well in the mono. Nice sharp photo.

100% agree with Chris on all the above, good shot.

Nice and moody, works well in B&W, sells the theme to me and it even has leading lines.
My only minor point / suggestion would be to look at removing the pylon perhaps? It does attract your (well my) eye somewhat.

Back