Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

Sorry not got anything constructive to add as I am so late getting round to commenting but just to say I liked your juicy shot and the rustic one is lovely. Your festive shot made me smile, well spotted. Weathered is most unusual I hadn't even thought of doing anything other than the weather, great idea :)

A nice weather/ed shot Allan, like the texture in the old tree stump ? Good bit of detail and also like the knot hole.
Thanks Dave it’s an 6 image stack of a piece of wood that used to live in a tropical fish tank we used to have, this is probably a 2 inch section of it.

Sorry not got anything constructive to add as I am so late getting round to commenting but just to say I liked your juicy shot and the rustic one is lovely. Your festive shot made me smile, well spotted. Weathered is most unusual I hadn't even thought of doing anything other than the weather, great idea :)
Thanks for looking in

Weather(ed)

Good textures and colour tones, it's just my eye keeps on getting drawn to the white hole on the left.

Good interpretation of the weather theme, nicely captured and a good one to finish the year on.

Another year over (and a new one just about to be begun).
Nice simple shot, yet an alternative take on the theme. Great detail and textures. Works well with the crop.
I also like the subtle variations in colours you've caught in this. (y)

Rustic - a really nice shot, and the winner of this theme for me
Festive - a clever idea and shot well, very nicely done
Weathered - IM always shooting that kind of shot whenever I go up the woods, I just love pics that have textures like that

Another year over (and a new one just about to be begun).
Nice simple shot, yet an alternative take on the theme. Great detail and textures. Works well with the crop.
I also like the subtle variations in colours you've caught in this. (y)
Rustic - a really nice shot, and the winner of this theme for me
Festive - a clever idea and shot well, very nicely done
Weathered - IM always shooting that kind of shot whenever I go up the woods, I just love pics that have textures like that

Thank you both

Nice/different interpretation. Good detail & lighting. (y)

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - Good composition, simple background with interest from the oof highlights. Fits theme well.

Wk 51 - Festive - Important message and very appropriate. Monochrome works well for the 'sobering' image.

Wk 52 - Weather - Nice take on the theme. Good colours and textures.

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - Good composition, simple background with interest from the oof highlights. Fits theme well.

Wk 51 - Festive - Important message and very appropriate. Monochrome works well for the 'sobering' image.

Wk 52 - Weather - Nice take on the theme. Good colours and textures.
Thanks

Well done on finishing your 52, Allan. You've ended with two different takes on the themes and both work well. I like the juxtaposition of the sign with the road and the bus-stop, which conveys the seasonal message very well, and B&W looks like the right choice; it seems to add gravity. The wood for your final image is a great subject with all that texture and detail; and well done on finding something other than the literal take on the theme.

Well done on finishing your 52, Allan. You've ended with two different takes on the themes and both work well. I like the juxtaposition of the sign with the road and the bus-stop, which conveys the seasonal message very well, and B&W looks like the right choice; it seems to add gravity. The wood for your final image is a great subject with all that texture and detail; and well done on finding something other than the literal take on the theme.
Thank you

Back