weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

Hi Allan, Sorry I've not stopped by in a while... Trying to catch up!

Ending - Made me chuckle. Especially reading the description!
Positive - Like the lighting. Red, white and black works well. Only tiny niggle is a what looks like a few scratches on the surface the pots are standing on.
Time - I like this. Composition is different to what we normally see with this subject... Also like that it's B&W.

And yes, we seem to be getting a lot of repeat themes! :(

Left the scratches in as sometimes things can be a little too perfect
thanks for looking in

Some great images here Allan. Love Positive, the lighting is a nice touch. I like the time too, just wish it had some sun on it to make it work.

there is a reason why the sun is not on it, its in the shed and not in working order thought that was quite clear
thanks for looking

HI Allan

your memory is way better than mine.....can recall Time from last year but not the year before....need to delve in to my hard drives cos you have me thinking now !

Time....lovely sun dial , mono works well , plenty of detail (y)

& just to be awkward & risk your wrath....could ya not have put in on the grass in the garden when the sun was out :naughty::exit:

HI Allan

your memory is way better than mine.....can recall Time from last year but not the year before....need to delve in to my hard drives cos you have me thinking now !

Time....lovely sun dial , mono works well , plenty of detail (y)

& just to be awkward & risk your wrath....could ya not have put in on the grass in the garden when the sun was out :naughty::exit:

We didnt have any sun today, I did try with artificial light but it was v. poor so I had to pose it, also we don't have grass, not the type of grass you mean anyway :naughty::banana:

Quick out the blocks again this week Allan (y)
That looks a lovely subject for photography, I like the subtle lighting on it, shows all the detail a treat.
Be good to see it when its finished and mounted, back to its former glory. Good work (y)

Time - fits the theme, good idea and nice composition.

thanks Mandy

Quick out the blocks again this week Allan (y)
That looks a lovely subject for photography, I like the subtle lighting on it, shows all the detail a treat.
Be good to see it when its finished and mounted, back to its former glory. Good work (y)

maybe when time comes up next year it will be finished and it will have some sun on it :)
thank you for not mentioning the sun
I have a feeling that the sun or lack of it in the image will be peoples mantra for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Hey Allan :)

Now I like that, a very different angle and crop for a sun dial, the B&W certainly works well, helps show off the detail nicely (y)

I hear what you're saying about the repeated themes, try to not let it wind you up mate :)

I'm just trying to use them to try something else, even something I have seen somebody else do, or as a re-shoot and improve what I may have not been happy with in previous years, for me it's still being out with the camera and trying to improve my images...

Good detail in the image. I remember from an English lesson at school, the teacher wrote on the board "Tempus fugit, time flies, you cannot, their flight is too erratic". Strange what one remembers when given a trigger.

Where's the sun :p

Only joking, nice image and very fitting for the theme :)

thanks, the sun lives in the sky :LOL:

Now I like that, a very different angle and crop for a sun dial, the B&W certainly works well, helps show off the detail nicely (y)

I hear what you're saying about the repeated themes, try to not let it wind you up mate :)

I'm just trying to use them to try something else, even something I have seen somebody else do, or as a re-shoot and improve what I may have not been happy with in previous years, for me it's still being out with the camera and trying to improve my images...

I know what you are saying. they don't wind me up as such just disappoint me sometimes, i would just like them to be a bit more interesting and with all the words that exist, different.
I understand that there are always new people doing the theme each year, but there are a few of us sad individuals who have done this before, there must be a lot of words that could be used, why repeat the same one 3 years running :thinking:

time.. fits the theme well. different nice detail, nice sundial btw (y)

Thanks Judi

Good detail in the image. I remember from an English lesson at school, the teacher wrote on the board "Tempus fugit, time flies, you cannot, their flight is too erratic". Strange what one remembers when given a trigger.

thats true a word or phrase can bring back a memory as can a song what did the teacher mean "their flight is too erratic" who are they?

Allan, to expand on 'time flies', it's a play on words. The sentence isn't referring to the fact that time seems to go quickly, it's referring to an attempt to measure the flight time of flies.

Allan, to expand on 'time flies', it's a play on words. The sentence isn't referring to the fact that time seems to go quickly, it's referring to an attempt to measure the flight time of flies.

Ahh I see, it's a very interesting quote, something that would definitely stick in the mind

Positive - An absolutely super image. Very simple but the composition and lighting really make this as does the black, white and red elements of the image - very strong.

Time - The subject suits the mono conversion. I think I too would have liked to have seen a subtle shadow. That said the lighting for the last couple of days would have been too harsh for it.

not sure it necessarily needs sun on it for the shot to work... nicely lit, nice contrast in the B&W, crop works well as does the portrait orientation.

Good shot which works well in mono. Particularly like the fact that just see a portion of the sundial face and not the whole thing.

Hi, Allan, you work in a cracking place :)

The crop really works for me and B&w was a good choice.

Uber crit would be the top of the dial. Wing a tad OOF.

Hope the fix goes well (y)

Cheers.

Every thing's already covered Allan but just echo what's been said, great detail, looks good in B&W (y)

Good detail in the sun-dial and a nice crop which adds to the interest.

Hi Allan

Positive: Really well captured this. The soft spotlight effect is perfect. I can almost feel the expression on the face of the white figure.

Time: Interesting. I like the fact you have captured somthing here which you probably know intimately from working on it...and I wonder if this has influenced your approach to the picture or processing in any way? Nicely captured and no crit on this one.

Hi Allan
Bit behind this week. Time - like the mono, the grain, the portrait orientation, the detail and, for me, there does seem to be the most subtle light coming from the LHS. Like the set up but get the feeling that the way that the upright thingy (?) comes out of the sun is as if it is sticking out its tongue a the theme :thinking:o_O

Hi Allan sorry seemed to have missed your time shot b&w works well here and quite like the angle you have shot

Swirl - is this a straight photo? or pp wizardry type stuff ? I quite like it a tad different to what i have seen posted today and some nice colours in there

Craig

looks like a bracelt of some sort to me?

like the interesting swirly springy shape of it, and the colours that seem to be reflections of something?

Hmmm ... intriguing, colourful, clean ... I like this image very much.

What the heck is it??

Interesting subject and I like the different thicknesses.

Not too bothered about the lack if shadow, but it do have a bit of OCD about whiter BGs.

Cheers....and what is it :)

Swirl is a nice image, I'll echo what others have said and say it needs a stronger shadow. But I do like the abstract shape and also the lovely colours in there.

Well done (y)

Nice dof and colour. Wish the shadow replicated the swirl though, although I'm not sure that would be possible?

Some nice colours in there and nice idea. I think a stronger shadow would really add something. (y)

Hi Allan sorry seemed to have missed your time shot b&w works well here and quite like the angle you have shot

Swirl - is this a straight photo? or pp wizardry type stuff ? I quite like it a tad different to what i have seen posted today and some nice colours in there

Craig

Now that is an interesting swirl, no idea what it is... especially with that bulbous bit :thinking:

I would prefer a bolder shadow or none at all... but loving the colours and the brightness, love it (y)

looks like a bracelt of some sort to me?

like the interesting swirly springy shape of it, and the colours that seem to be reflections of something?

Hi there....I love the colours in this one and the swirly shape is perfect for the theme..I agree about the shadow or a plain background, but it still looks great.

Swirl - simple image fits the theme, my only crit would be to have the shadows match. I am it sure if that would be possible to do.

Hmmm ... intriguing, colourful, clean ... I like this image very much.

What the heck is it??

Interesting subject and I like the different thicknesses.

Not too bothered about the lack if shadow, but it do have a bit of OCD about whiter BGs.

Cheers....and what is it :)

Swirl.... I like it, the colours are good, it looks rather like a silver bracelet, coloured with gels, bet i'm wrong but that's my guess, some deeper shadows would set it off a bit i think (y)(y)

Swirl is a nice image, I'll echo what others have said and say it needs a stronger shadow. But I do like the abstract shape and also the lovely colours in there.

Well done (y)

Thanks for the feedback, the shadow bandwagon seems to have past by, so for all those shadow lovers..................

Back