weekly Beckyboy's 52 for 2014 - Week 12 Linked added

OMG ... is that real blood?

The light on the syringe is amazing.

mineral - lovely colours there and lovely complementary oranges in the BG - nice bokeh too

sense is great - really feel the heat coming off it - well enough exposed for the fire which is the main part - and the other bits are not too dark - just the blue of the telly as spotted by Peter for crit

ending.... so if the watch is in a glass box, and you can;t get to it - you have to stay up till midnight (or lunchtime) to take your only chance at the shot. under those conditions, you've done well

yep - and well done too for positive - so the drops are mid air I take it - super sharp and great sterile white BG.

looking back to the first few weeks - you've really gotten into the swing of this now - a great improvement eveident.

mineral - lovely colours there and lovely complementary oranges in the BG - nice bokeh too

sense is great - really feel the heat coming off it - well enough exposed for the fire which is the main part - and the other bits are not too dark - just the blue of the telly as spotted by Peter for crit

ending.... so if the watch is in a glass box, and you can;t get to it - you have to stay up till midnight (or lunchtime) to take your only chance at the shot. under those conditions, you've done well

yep - and well done too for positive - so the drops are mid air I take it - super sharp and great sterile white BG.

looking back to the first few weeks - you've really gotten into the swing of this now - a great improvement eveident.

Thanks for the comments. The mecanism for the watch is at the back so I am able to adjust the time thankfully.... not sure my dedication is quite that full on.
Yeah the drops are in mid air it was just a case of squirt the syringe and shoot. :)

Lovely colours and composition for Positive. The background really sets it off.

Hi Michael

& another :clap:(y) for Positive.....can't really add anything else :clap:

Here is my submission for Time - 'Time On My Hands' something I have plenty of at the moment.

The Clock face is one from last year taken at a gig I went to at The Emirates. The Hands are mine taken earlier today. The rest is lots of :confused: :mad: :rage: :banghead: :thinking: :help: photo shop :D

Week 10 Time
by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Well this will teach me to post quicker, I was going to do this (saw similar online), though you have added so much more with the colours and the background....well done

Yep, great image Michael (y) I've struggled again this week, 'time on my hands' was one that kept popping into mi head, but I wouldn't know where to start with the PP :confused: You've done an excellent job, good contrasting colours, I like it :)

I like that. I might not have the clock behind the hands though.

Tis indeed a good un.

Big (y) from me. :)

Thank you :)

Well this will teach me to post quicker, I was going to do this (saw similar online), though you have added so much more with the colours and the background....well done

Ah yeah that's happened to me a couple of times so I try not to look at others before I post then that way even if it look's like you've used someones idea you know you haven't :whistle:

Yep, great image Michael (y) I've struggled again this week, 'time on my hands' was one that kept popping into mi head, but I wouldn't know where to start with the PP :confused: You've done an excellent job, good contrasting colours, I like it :)

I've been a bit lucky really as I'm not a work due to my shoulder so have been scanning You tube for interesting PP videos. This I did following a Gavin Hoey one and managed to twist it to fit the theme. :)

I like that. I might not have the clock behind the hands though.

Not sure how it would look not there as the hands would then look blue and the idea is for the BG image to be in the hands. :)

A different idea well executed and pp'd, though have to agree that the partial clockface behind the hands doesn't add much to it for me.

I prefer the first submission with the clock in the BG!

Anyway, whilst it's very obviously photoshopped, which I'm not usually a huge fan of, this is great and works really well. I like it a lot.

I prefer the first submission with the clock in the BG!

Anyway, whilst it's very obviously photoshopped, which I'm not usually a huge fan of, this is great and works really well. I like it a lot.

Thanks Simon. I was never a fan to be honest but since getting it and having the time to play I'm starting to see the value :)

I totally disagree with the background clock comments (sorry guys). The original absolutely works. It's the fact that the numbers are all partially hidden other than the 6 which fits wonderfully between the palms. I maybe find the blues and reds a little harsh but you've done a great job at the pp so a big thumbs up from me.

I totally disagree with the background clock comments (sorry guys). The original absolutely works. It's the fact that the numbers are all partially hidden other than the 6 which fits wonderfully between the palms. I maybe find the blues and reds a little harsh but you've done a great job at the pp so a big thumbs up from me.

Thank you Peter you explained that so well :):)

A very good idea well executed. The first for me with the 6 of the background showing through.

Hi Michael

cracking shot & pp :clap:.......photoshop is good fun sometimes.......I'm preferring the original verison with the 6 of the original clock showing through . Bold striking colors are really effective . Saw this effect in a tutorial whilst browing you tube...gonna have a try at this myself at some point

Hi Michael

cracking shot & pp :clap:.......photoshop is good fun sometimes.......I'm preferring the original verison with the 6 of the original clock showing through . Bold striking colors are really effective . Saw this effect in a tutorial whilst browing you tube...gonna have a try at this myself at some point

Thanks Lynne I'm really enjoying photoshop at the moment as I've got time to play. This was based on a Gavin Hoey tutorial :)

I've used this technique before and you've done a really good job. Just a few edges needing a bit more time and the 3 and 9 are a little lighter than the other colour, Minor point, though.

The colours rally pop and it's a cracking take on the theme.

1 or 2, hmmm, I'm gong for #1 mainly because there's some separation between your hands one the BG.

Chests.

Back