weekly Beckyboy's 52 for 2014 - Week 12 Linked added

Hi Michael

you've caught the texture of the wooden pieces really well , like the composition & use of DOF (y)

Good start to your 52 Michael, i like the colour tones and textures in your play shot.
I am not overly bothered by the noise, it suits the subject IMHO

Hi Michael, and welcome to the 52. I've just had a first look through your thread:

Odd - lovely bright image. The slight crease on the left of the background has already been mentioned, but this is an original take on the theme.
Line - another bright, clean image and a clear interpretation of the theme. Nicely lit, too.
Play - I like the dark tones and texture of the wood in the foreground, and it's well lit. It looks like a little dust on the board to the right, but it doesn't detract from the theme and it's the sort of thing you notice after the shot is taken.

You're off to a great start and I look forward to following your thread (y)
Thank You :) Dust is my biggest nightmare always miss some :banghead:
This is lovely - the tones and texture of the wood really make it - it wouldn't have been the same with plastic pieces and a cardboard board. I like the composition and the lighting.
Thank you :) It was the texture that made me use them rather than the chess pieces.
Nice texture on the dark wood. I find my eyes continually being pulled away from focusing on the dark chequers by the white, OOF ones in the background.
Thank you :)

The textures of those pieces can almost be felt. Nice composition with the low PoV. As said though noise is an issue on this image.
Hi Michael

you've caught the texture of the wooden pieces really well , like the composition & use of DOF (y)
Good start to your 52 Michael, i like the colour tones and textures in your play shot.
I am not overly bothered by the noise, it suits the subject IMHO
Hi Michael - liking Play - it could be Close as well!!
On the spot for the theme, as mentioned above the wooden pieces really look good, they have a really nice texture.
Hi Michael :)

Play - Excellent DoF you have there mate, I like the composition you have chosen with the low PoV and diagonal of the board, and some great detail - Nice One (y)
On theme and well composed.

Cheers.
Good use of DOF there Michael...

Many Thanks for all your comments :):)

Sorry missed you up to now as above really definitely caught the textures in the pieces

Agree with all the above comments that you have captured the texture of the pieces very well.

Week 4 Bubble
Not exactly what I wanted PP wise as my Elements has decided to go GAGA which meant a total uninstall and re-install, unfortunately the re-install keeps failing and my Nephew who's the family Computer whiz won't be back from uni for another couple weeks so I'm stuck with Photo Gallery's basic processing.

Week 4 Bubble
by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Close is a nice humerous take and her facial expression is great. I'd prefer more clothes, etc poking out of the suitcase.

Bubbles, on theme and focus, colours looks good. I'm not too keen on the composition/crop.

Cheers.

A different take, perhaps a closer up shot of the sweets to show the bubbles might have helped.

What a PITA is technology when it goes wrong :(

Well jel of all the lovely confectionary you can get hold of in the UK

Hi ya
hope you get your editing woe's sorted...what a pain :banghead:

Close....yeah , on theme but more stuff poking out of the case would have lifted it bit

Bubbles....agree with the other's comments regards the crop but it's on theme :)

Fits the theme, I feel however composition wise it is a little cluttered for my taste.
Thank you and yes I agree about the clutter.
Fits the theme well... I know that feeling :)
Thank you
Thank you
It certainly conveys your feelings well.
Thank you
The expression of the model helps this image which does fit the theme. I was also amused by the teddy getting in to the picture.
Thank you. It took some bribing to get my daughter to model for me so I'm happy with the results as she was a little unwilling and wanted it done a quick as possible.

What a pain your having software issues, fits the theme nicely
Close is a nice humerous take and her facial expression is great. I'd prefer more clothes, etc poking out of the suitcase.

Bubbles, on theme and focus, colours looks good. I'm not too keen on the composition/crop.

Cheers.
Have to agree, shame about the crop (Mainly the cropped plate, but also the cropped 'Bubble' words) it's nice and bright and fits great - hope you get your LR sorted soon, i'd be lost without mine (y)
I agree with Mandy about the clutter but well done its different :)

like you bubbles too well done :)
A different take, perhaps a closer up shot of the sweets to show the bubbles might have helped.
What a PITA is technology when it goes wrong :(

Well jel of all the lovely confectionary you can get hold of in the UK
Hi ya
hope you get your editing woe's sorted...what a pain :banghead:

Close....yeah , on theme but more stuff poking out of the case would have lifted it bit

Bubbles....agree with the other's comments regards the crop but it's on theme :)

Thanks for all the comments. Software issue certainly is a PITA which sadly isn't improving have nearly throw PC out the window on more than 1 occasion over last few days :mad:

I've re cropped the bubbles shot

Week 4 Bubble -
by beckyboy101, on Flickr

Works well in red Michael (y) could be a health warning against smoking :)

Works well in red Michael (y) could be a health warning against smoking :)
Thank you. I used a long exposure and light up with so red fairy lights.
I think adding smoke would have added a bit of interest to me. Maybe add it in a reshoot month once your kit is back to spec.
Totally agree about the smoke just couldn't get it to show up with the red. Maybe I should have used a white light on the smoke from the other side :thinking:

Any way I've bitten the bullet and have got an iMac on route, hopefully be with me for tomorrow :):):)

So there is actual smoke there then? I looked at it on flickr and still couldn't see any. Strange how it is seemingly invisible in the red light. Nice image though, I like it.

Agree about the image and the need for smoke. That negative space on the right of the skull is just crying out for some smoke to curl up through it.

That skull is a great base shot, for some silvery smoke to be overlaid at another time.

Do it!!!!

Back