weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

Perfect Lynne really like this idea just keep coming back to it lots of imagination there.

:clap: Really clever - have to say I really couldn't be bothered wih all that prannying about in PS though :LOL: We have a small jointed wooden man - not too sure where he is though - must hunt him out.

Hi Lynne, just to echo whats already been said, creative, well executed and great photoshop skills Good work Missus (y)

Great photo and very nice photoshop work

Thanks Colin :)

Excellent idea Lynne :)

Really nicely set up and edited... another well lit shot from you (y)

Photoshop is one thing I want to try a bit more this year

Don't do it DK...photoshop sucks you in :D

Hi Lynne thats really good and a nice take on the theme, i think you have done an excellent job with the PP
nice clear bubble too :clap:

Thanks Allan :)

Nice take on the theme. Really tough to get the hands right as I think you need to rotate the models left hand, but it works really well.

Cheers Richard....hmmm....my attention to detail needs to improve :banghead:

Excellent image again Lynne (y) your PP skills are way beyond mine :p I wouldn't know where to start with layers :confused:

Thanks Phil...I have no idea with layers either...this was just 2 images merged ,bit of cloning , erasing & burning ( or was it dodging?)...I really need to learn how to use layers properly :eek:

Lynne... cracking image well done... Cant really find any fault with it at all...

I had thought of this too but as said in another thread I couldnt get any willing models to pose for me at home :)

Also I was not aware that we could use photoshop or similar for our images... must keep that in mind in future ;)

Aye....Woody has been a great help as I also don't have any models.....think he may appear in a few more theme's this year :D

as for PP...oh yes....some weeks you'll use it , other weeks you won't...I try to get it right in camera but indoor shots generally have pp applied :)

Great idea for the theme and makes a bubble a bit more interesting too. Nice edits. 2nd attempt is definitely better.

Cheers Simon ,I prefer #2 as well....tis good to keep practising with pp , even if I forget what I've what I've done !

Ah yeah Bubble I like that! Nothing to crit on from me, tbh I didn't even notice the hand position until you mentioned it. Nice work as usual (y)

Many thanks Simon...still a way to go before I'm producing shots to your level though :(

Great shot with some really good PP there!

Thanks James :)

Nice work Lynne - not seen the various stages of the PP process, but the final one looks pretty convincing to me.

One thing I will say about the erase tool, once its erased, its gone forever. A layer mask, anything can be changed, or retrieved.

edit -

Yep - the greenery is all in the shot, but the rear half of it is out of the focal area is what I referred to. (y)

Cheers Graham...... not sure about this eraser thing.. the original RAW file still has all the defects in it...do you mean onve erased in the file you're working on it's gone ? that wold make sense I think though I do recall hitting the undo button several times & it all came back :thinking: My mission this year is to learn layers correctly......gonna be a long year I think :D

Bubble - Neat idea and I think you've executed it well. No crit from me on this one!

Thanks Nathalie (y)

Ah the second person in a bubble shot I've seen of only two bubble shots looked at, but oh so very different! Like Andy says, apart from a few PP issues It's really very good. You are getting good at PP, but don't you find you spend hours sat in front of just one photo now?

Oh yes...mainly cos I finish one edit then notice something I don't like so start again :LOL:

Thanks Hazel :)
Lynne - Bubble - fantastic idea and great execution.
Especially the lighting on the bubble and keeping the black background.
Cheers Mike...quite pleased with the bg on this one....I'm slowing learning that the more distance between the subject & bg the better the bg color is....less cloning & tweaking :D

Bubble: Nice idea there Lynne! The execution is really good. For me you've positioned him perfectly within the bubble.

I prefer the first version and the woody with the 'colder' tones.

Good work yet again (y)

Thanks Jason...I couldn't decide which version of Woody I preffered , the colder one is more true to life I think :)

Brilliant idea, very well executed. I like it a lot!

Cheers M (y)

Brilliant idea for this one Lynne. Well executed as well. Super shot.

Thanks Peter (y)

Brilliant work Lynne and worth all the pp! I really must practice pp!!:)

When you're producing shots like your Bubble image....PP is something you don't need :)

Week 5 is a blank space for me , cannot for love nor money do smoke trails , tried following tutorials , can't get focus , can't get lighting.......166 weeks on the trot & I'm missing a week . Not going to do a joke either cos I'm so naffed off.

Roll on Week 6 :(

Week 5 is a blank space for me , cannot for love nor money do smoke trails , tried following tutorials , can't get focus , can't get lighting.......166 weeks on the trot & I'm missing a week . Not going to do a joke either cos I'm so naffed off.

Roll on Week 6 :(

:snaphappy:

Do it.

Chin up missus, theres still the rest of the week to find one for the theme.
Your joker is a cracker btw, you've done a great job on merging the two images (y)

For what it's worth, the clouds look a little smokey to me ;)

That's a beauty Lynne, Lovely image (y) I'm with Nat, them clouds look smokey to me too ;) :)

That's a beautiful image, Lynne. You've handled the pp really well.

Are you sure you don't want to give the old smoke a go?

I'm hoping not to have to play a joker - got to admit I came close to it this week though - not nice at all - I've got no patience for the faffing about that's involved :LOL:

I thought there was no need to play a joker - not when there's a big shoehorn / crowbar around.

Your "fill-in" shot is indeed a corker. Good work on the merge - if you hadn't've said - I wouldn't've known!

Hi Lynne, jokers a good image in its own right.
I do feel your frustration I withdrew my original pic because I hated it from the off but then I hate smoke images
I am finding it pretty hard to crit anybody's pics this week, can't really say what I feel

I'm going to try to never play a joker but I can see now that even established TP'ers have blind spots occasionally. Lovely picture of the castle.

Well if thats your first attempt at a composite image you've done brilliant! The composition is spot on and the reflections really add to it. Did you add just the sky to the original or did you merge a bit of the left side of the image too? The only reason i ask is the the water on the left side looks smooth as though it was a long exposure and on the right it looks like the water is frozen. Iwasnt sure if it could have been a current under the water at that side or if I was just seeing things!!

Hi Lynne
Smoke Joker - smashing work - those pp skills again (y). i would not have known that you had merged without you saying so. Stunning colourful impact. Just those blurry stars I think that i would clone out - doesn't need teem IMO and they look a bit like bits of lint to my eyes. Then print for the wall.

Catch up time appologies

Close shot 2 for me
Bubbles excellent idea great shot
Joker - i wish i had both taken that shot and played the joker this week (tough week)

Lovely. Seems a long time since we were stood there.

Cheers.

Chin up missus, theres still the rest of the week to find one for the theme.
Your joker is a cracker btw, you've done a great job on merging the two images (y)

I can only echo Iains comments it is a stunning image.

What he said ^^

For what it's worth, the clouds look a little smokey to me ;)

Yep love that image, with the colour so vivid in the right hand side only (y)

Still plenty of time left to think of a smoke image (y)

A cracking picture Lynne, beautiful (y):clap::clap:

Thank you all for your great support after my hmmmm , how shall I put it...dummy throwing week, it is really appreciated (y)

very kind comments on a very average image but still a better image than any smoke one's I tried :mad:

That's a beauty Lynne, Lovely image (y) I'm with Nat, them clouds look smokey to me too ;) :)
Hi Lynne, that is a smashing picture...but sorry you haven't done a smokey one :(
That's a beautiful image, Lynne. You've handled the pp really well.

Are you sure you don't want to give the old smoke a go?
Corker :clap:

Just set it one fire you'll be ok then ;)
I'm hoping not to have to play a joker - got to admit I came close to it this week though - not nice at all - I've got no patience for the faffing about that's involved :LOL:

Again...thank you all for your support & kind comments & for trying to cheer me up...it has been much appreciated (y)I hate being defeated by a theme by my blood pressure couldn't take anymore :crying:

I thought there was no need to play a joker - not when there's a big shoehorn / crowbar around.

Your "fill-in" shot is indeed a corker. Good work on the merge - if you hadn't've said - I wouldn't've known!
Hi Lynne, jokers a good image in its own right.
I do feel your frustration I withdrew my original pic because I hated it from the off but then I hate smoke images
I am finding it pretty hard to crit anybody's pics this week, can't really say what I feel
Way too hard on yourself, you've produced some crackers so far and we're only at week 5. Your Flickr is pretty awesome too, some lovely landscapes! (I've just started following you btw)
Love the bubble shot lots of imagination an good PP skills (y)

Cracking shot for the joker. (y)
I'm going to try to never play a joker but I can see now that even established TP'ers have blind spots occasionally. Lovely picture of the castle.
Nice image but you could have at least added some smoke coming out of one of the chimneys :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cheers all , your support & kind words has been much appreciated after my little tantrum ( oh yes , I can throw bigger ones :D )

Well if thats your first attempt at a composite image you've done brilliant! The composition is spot on and the reflections really add to it. Did you add just the sky to the original or did you merge a bit of the left side of the image too? The only reason i ask is the the water on the left side looks smooth as though it was a long exposure and on the right it looks like the water is frozen. Iwasnt sure if it could have been a current under the water at that side or if I was just seeing things!!
Hi Lynne
Smoke Joker - smashing work - those pp skills again (y). i would not have known that you had merged without you saying so. Stunning colourful impact. Just those blurry stars I think that i would clone out - doesn't need teem IMO and they look a bit like bits of lint to my eyes. Then print for the wall.
Catch up time appologies

Close shot 2 for me
Bubbles excellent idea great shot
Joker - i wish i had both taken that shot and played the joker this week (tough week)
Lynne...Lynne...Lynne....keep up the good work - I know it's hard to balance life, work and hobbies all at the same time :)

Cheers all, I have much appreciated your support & kind comments after my ....dummy throw.... (y)

Back