weekly Blondies 2012 52 wk52 BUSY - Finished !

Looks like you have recreated the Eden Project in bubble form :D I prefer the second dragon shot as it looks like it is looking at itself in a pond :D Adding a ripple effect to the reflection would have been quite neat. ;)

Hi Lynne.

Another vote here for the first of the 2 dragon shots for SHINY. A slight interpretation on the theme, which I like, and the bg is spot on (y)

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny - For me it has to be number 3, it's the best as it's most on theme due to the reflection, it's the best exposed and there's a hint of blue in the crystal not evident in the previous shot.

#2 gets my vote Lynne, great work on the background, you have handled the lighting on this really well. I particularly like the composition, the dragon looking into the negative space on the left works well.
#3 is just as good but I feel there is too much space on the left which is understandable given you've included the reflection.
All three are bang on theme thats quite a work rate you have there Missus ;)
Looking forward to your magical. Iain

That made me laugh and reminded me of linky

Bubble are nice. Bit closer maybe??

#2 is the one for me. BG is uber black so (y)....This really is something I struggle with. Lighting is spot on.

No real crit....from me....

Cheers.

Thanks Andy....well chuffed with BG...couldn't get any closer with the bubbles without losing bits of the them though :(

Loving the bubbles Lynne, really nice colour. Out of the 2nd 2, I much prefer the one without it being on the mirror, I just find it easier to look at myself. Well done on getting the background right.

Cheers Michael :)

like the first dragon pic the best really stands out

Cheers als...appreciate you dropping in (y)

Dragon one for me Lynne. I'm not sure it completely says shiny, but appart from that it's a perfect shot.

Dragon two I find difficult to interpret, while the bubbles I think aren't taken close enough and/or with enough surface interest. Both are nice shots, but not up to the standard of the first dragon :)

Hi Ya....yup , shiny or not....the aim was to photograph something that is shiny using flash & not getting any blown bits...think I managed it ok for change . As for the bubbles...not the image I was after at all , more of a desperation shot I think :LOL:

The second shot for me too. Really well taken. Good job.

Cheers mister :)

Definatly #2 for me to, love the lighting and the subject.
Do like your 3rd shot but just seems a bit to open on the left for my liking.
Great flash control on both shots though.

Thanks for that...struggle with flash so really pleased with these shots :)

Lynne, loving the bubbles, the shiny highlights here and there really make the photo,

of the others number 2 for me as well

Thanks Lizzy (y)

Hi Lynne, I like your bubbles. So far other bubble shots have been very close up, it's nice to see big bubbles too(y)

I think two is my favourite though! The detail is excellent against the black background, I like it :clap:

Cheers goblin...glad you like them :)

I'm with Andy, a bit closer to the bubbles would be good.
There looks to be some nice bubble connections (have I just made a new technical term :thinking:) that would be nice close up.

Nice and black BG on the draggon, loved reading about the set up, I've a great mental picture now.

thanks matey...couldn't get any closer to the bubbles without losing bits of them.....the things we do for photography....would make a great youtuibe vid I think :LOL:

Bubbles (y) glass chopping board makes the pic.

cheers Gramps (y)

Like both the flower shots
Bubbles are good but prefer the first dragon for shiny. Second one slightly lost in BG. Looks like new camera working for you (y)

Cheers fazer....very slowly getting to grips with the D7000, liking it alot (y)

Hi Lynne

Shiny - Bubbles look fun and well shot, but, like others, I would like to have seen the bubbles fill the frame without the distraction of the colours of the base.

The dragon shots are well composed and i think that the first is best for the theme and for the compostion. It shines a bit more whereas the 2nd shot has a blue cast.

From your descriptions , it seems that you are having a lot of fun with the challenge and your new toy. I am NOT jealous - well.....maybe a bit

Cheers SP :)

1. This looks very good lovely colours and a good crop and the reflection of the flash works well, yes the white bit on your board is a bit distracting.
2. This is the best of the bunch for me although I would like a tad more on the exposure side.

Thanks Zeb....wanna have a nother try with the bubble machine at some point

Looks like you have recreated the Eden Project in bubble form :D I prefer the second dragon shot as it looks like it is looking at itself in a pond :D Adding a ripple effect to the reflection would have been quite neat. ;)

Cheers AJ....got me thinking now...may just have a play in psE10 & see if I can create some ripples :thinking:

Really great black background, good subject matter. Nicely taken :)

Thanks Alex (y)

Shiny
Like all 3 shots, but it has to be number 3 for me, live the reflection from the mirror.

Cheers Darren (y)

Hi Lynne.

Another vote here for the first of the 2 dragon shots for SHINY. A slight interpretation on the theme, which I like, and the bg is spot on (y)

Cheers Snorton
Could your dragon shot now be your magical shot?

Don't tempt me...nearly got all the dragons together for Magical but resisted.....

I'm playing catch up this week due to not coming up with anything I was happy with for Shiny and won't post the one I have come up with last night 'til I've gone through everyone elses.

Shiny - For me it has to be number 3, it's the best as it's most on theme due to the reflection, it's the best exposed and there's a hint of blue in the crystal not evident in the previous shot.

Thanks Donnie...glad you like it

#2 gets my vote Lynne, great work on the background, you have handled the lighting on this really well. I particularly like the composition, the dragon looking into the negative space on the left works well.
#3 is just as good but I feel there is too much space on the left which is understandable given you've included the reflection.
All three are bang on theme thats quite a work rate you have there Missus ;)
Looking forward to your magical. Iain

Cheers Iain...knon what you mean about the space....cropping is something else I need to work on ....

Apologies to you all for being so slow with commenting this last couple of weeks ....I will try harder next week (y)

Magical....3 for you to pick at this week....nothing sprang to mind that I was actually capable of shooting so aimed to find something whilst out n about in Cumbria last weekend.....

Took a walk up Aira Force ( still aching !)& saw this ickle rainbow....

Magical 1 by llj666, on Flickr

Incredibly difficult to decide if its straight or not :thinking:

Magical a by llj666, on Flickr

for reasons that still aren't clear the weekend turned in to a church fest......thought the glow from the stained glass was quite magical....I'm not at all religious but have developed a huge desire to take more photo's of church's & glass windows :eek:

Magical 4 by llj666, on Flickr

joker in the pack....gonna wait to see your comments before I say anything about this shot :)

Right...time for tea folks...back later :wave:

Definitely #2 for me but next time you go straighten the candle ... you've brought back my OCD :LOL:

Hey Lynne,

Love em all but No 1 for me, the rainbow is nice. Now if you found the pot of gold then that would be magic !. I love the warmth of the light in No 2 - good for the soul !

Looks like you both had a fantastic weekend :clap:

Nice work missy (y)

Nick

Number one is a lovely shot but number two does it for me, the lighting and detail is superb. I'm usually the first to say things needs straightening but I think this is fine!

No ones commented on it yet, but what is going on in number three? I turned my phone upside down to get a look!!! Is it magical as the tree is growing upside down out the water?

no 2 for me Lynne, the light through the window is definately magical.

I also love churches, get yourself a day on this access all areas and i know theres still some dates left, and you don't have to live in the area to take part, i had a great time and am going back in December

http://www.366days.org.uk/

I like #1 and the quirkiness of #3 but #2 is a fabulous shot. The light is magical and the exposure (church windows can be a nightmare) has been handled really well.

Definitely #2 for me but next time you go straighten the candle ... you've brought back my OCD :LOL:

Cheers Gramps....I was quite unsure about moving stuff in church's & being honest, never spotted the candle was central or square :bonk:

Hey Lynne,

Love em all but No 1 for me, the rainbow is nice. Now if you found the pot of gold then that would be magic !. I love the warmth of the light in No 2 - good for the soul !

Looks like you both had a fantastic weekend :clap:

Nice work missy (y)

Nick

Cheers Nick...was a fab weekend...no pot of gold though :crying:

Just seen these looking on flickr Lynne, number 1 and 2 for me. Number 2 needs a slight straighten I think, lovely light coming through the window.

Cheers Michael.....hmmm'd & haaarrr'd about the straightness...maybe needs a mm tweak to the left but couldn't manage it....

Number one is a lovely shot but number two does it for me, the lighting and detail is superb. I'm usually the first to say things needs straightening but I think this is fine!

No ones commented on it yet, but what is going on in number three? I turned my phone upside down to get a look!!! Is it magical as the tree is growing upside down out the water?

Thanks Goblin....really hooked on stained glass windows...lovely detail to be had but a real pain to get right :LOL:

the 3rd image was a grab shot....it's actually a small weir but you can't see the water going over due to the low angle...I just liked that it plays tricks on your eye's(y)

no 2 for me Lynne, the light through the window is definately magical.

I also love churches, get yourself a day on this access all areas and i know theres still some dates left, and you don't have to live in the area to take part, i had a great time and am going back in December

http://www.366days.org.uk/

Thanks for the link Liz...may well give that a go..certainly quite addicitive are church's (y)

I like #1 and the quirkiness of #3 but #2 is a fabulous shot. The light is magical and the exposure (church windows can be a nightmare) has been handled really well.

Cheers Peter....exposure was a mare...went with bracketed shots & merged them...glad you like :)

3 very good shots.
number 1 and 2 for me, cant decide as they are both very good for their own reasons.

Cheers MM (y)

I would say that number 2's my favourite, can't quite work out number 3 LOL.

Number 2 is nicely composed and I think just the way you have captured the quality of the light is fantastic.

Thanks Donnie..., #3 is great..plays tricks on your eye's :LOL:

number 1 for me great shot

Cheers :)

3 very different choices there Lynne... but after a bit of humming and haring, Number 2 for me too... love the colour light shining on the wall !!!

Thanks DK...glad you like them (y)

great shots Blondie, but for me #1 is best, and yes i think it is level;)

Thanks Kirkers....I'm still pondering the straightness :eek:

#1 for me for magical. Lovely shot

#2 is great, doesnt say magical to me but I know why it does to some. Great shot in its own right though!
Thanks Alex...congrats on the D90 as well...fab camera...does this mean you're joining us in June ???...ya know ya want to :D

number 2 for me i like the light

Thanks Ajz (y)

1st I want to apologise to you all for being absent for most of the last couple of weeks.....came back from Cumbria with what I thought was a cold which floored me....visit to doc's monday to be told I have a sinus infection ( explains the man with a hammer in my head)...been feeling totally carp all week. Tablets that would knock an elephant over are slowly getting me back to normal & I will catch up with everyone's threads tonight & tomorrow...thanks for popping by my thread & for all the great feedback...is much appreciated (y)

Vice....not really felt much like doing any photography this week , went for a whizz round some of Sheffields seedier parts last night only to find them all closed up :crying: so here's my rather lame entry

Vice by llj666, on Flickr

& before anyone says anything...the TV really is at an odd angle...sort of sits on the window ledge to the left but not on the right :LOL:
Not what I had in mind at all.... but does show various vice's...all topped off with some strange processing :LOL:

Well you seem to have captured a few vices there. I like the idea but have to say the angle of the TV does distract me somewhat.

Hope the whisky is doing the trick in getting you back to feeling better.

they are all male vices of course lol

for magical I do like the rainbow but weird povs get me every time so no. 3 :)

hope you feel better soon

Certainly got the 'vice' theme there, hope you soon feel a lot better (y)

:wave: :wave: :wave:

You've been quite.

Jackie, Isabelle and I are going to Wild Rose for a few days and stopping in the same wigwam as the meet, one of the places we're going is Aira Force...now after seeing your photograph, I can't wait to get there.

Aira Force: first thing I noticed was the sky, you've done really well to get so much detail. Nice colours and shadows...and a rainbow...(y) It looks straight but feels like it's leaning to the left.

#2 is nice, I'm really liking the colours reflecting on the walls. Feels a bit warm/orange to me. Top clipped? I'd have been ssssoooo tempted to move the candle :nono:

#3, feels like one of them double exposure photographs :thinking:

Vice, looks like a normal day for you :D Fits the theme, so well done.

And...try and keep up from now on....:exit:

Vice... think you hit them all there!!! :LOL: well done! :D

Like the strange processing too, makes it much more gritty looking! :D almost like the room is filled with the stench of cigarettes!

Last edited:
Hope you feel better!

Thanks for the congrats on the D90, will see about June. Got to see if we have the pennies and manage to find a doggy sitter.

I like the vice shot and considering you have been ill its a good crack at the theme (y)

#2 for me, the light is lovely and magical!! You have done well with the exposure they're not easy places to shoot in !!:)

Thanks Sarah...glad you like the window :)

Well you seem to have captured a few vices there. I like the idea but have to say the angle of the TV does distract me somewhat.

Hope the whisky is doing the trick in getting you back to feeling better.

Hi Peter.....TV bugs me as well but can't be a**** to move it :LOL: Strangley enough I don't really drink...though I am partial to the odd shot of whisky...especially at Christmas :)

they are all male vices of course lol

for magical I do like the rainbow but weird povs get me every time so no. 3 :)

hope you feel better soon

Thanks for popping in...I'm quite getting to loke odd POV's as well (y)

Certainly got the 'vice' theme there, hope you soon feel a lot better (y)

Cheers Gramps....still battling the bugs :crying:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

You've been quite.

Jackie, Isabelle and I are going to Wild Rose for a few days and stopping in the same wigwam as the meet, one of the places we're going is Aira Force...now after seeing your photograph, I can't wait to get there.

Aira Force: first thing I noticed was the sky, you've done really well to get so much detail. Nice colours and shadows...and a rainbow...(y) It looks straight but feels like it's leaning to the left.

#2 is nice, I'm really liking the colours reflecting on the walls. Feels a bit warm/orange to me. Top clipped? I'd have been ssssoooo tempted to move the candle :nono:

#3, feels like one of them double exposure photographs :thinking:

Vice, looks like a normal day for you :D Fits the theme, so well done.

And...try and keep up from now on....:exit:

& there was me thinking you were a mate ....must admit I'm partial to the odd whisky ...only at Christmas though :LOL:

Aira Force....one helluva long walk uphill...worse than that mountain side in January ! Bracketed exposures are my thing now , though playing with a single exposure in photomatix gives some great results as well...think thats what I did with the Aira shot though it helped that the sun was out & we had some clouds ....:)

If you get a chance head to Lowther Castle...cracking place...#3 was taken on the way back..think you'd have fun there !

#2...warm tone was intentional....wanted to feel the warmth in the shot that I felt whilst taking the shot...candle will get moved next visit :LOL:

Back