Boats - an open thread

Some Shots taken on a 2 hour Cruise on the River DEBDEN, Suffolk -- we went right down to the Felixtowe end then turned round -- it was VERY WIDE and not very 'photogenic' I used my CLA'd 1978 HASSELBLAD 500C/M with 2011 outdated Fuji Velvia 100F
SUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 14.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 15.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 16.jpg

Cruise ship-Skiathos at sunrise.
1.Cruise ship approaching Skiathos at sunrise.jpg

German cruise ship Europa2 - Skiathos.
2.Europa2 (2 of 1).jpg
Cruise ship at night.Skiathos
3.'Europa2' (German) Skiathos.jpg

'Barbie' 52m in length. Sadly destroyed in a fire in a Turkish harbour in 2016. At one time was owned by the owner of Galatasaray Football club(Turkey) $20m was paid out re insurance.
5.'Barbie' Skiathos.jpg
Star Clipper-Swedish. Anchored off Greek island of Skopelos. It's a four-masted barquentine built as a cruise ship, and operated by Star Clippers Ltd of Sweden
8.Star Clipper.jpg

Passed by the Star Clipper
9.jpg

Mrs WW wanted her picture taken with these beached boats.

8hxgfxP.jpg

fQXwopj.jpg

This is from years ago... The Ghost Ships. There was an outcry at the time as decommissioned American naval ships were brought to the NE for dismantling. I was all for it as it secured jobs in the area and it was IMO better to dismantle them here with good H&S and environmental concerns rather than taking them to the far east where they'd be dismantled with very limited or indeed if any H&S or environmental concerns.

Not a great shot as this was the only place to stand and they were in the haze.

yG6tcli.jpg

Back