Boats - an open thread

These two have seen better days...

Seen Better Days by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Very nice marine type capture Andrea, with an excellent gritty presentation.

"We've got a whole bunch of those wrecks in varying sizes scattered around the coastal areas not too far from where I live, they always make good & fascinating subjects for snapping"

Very nice marine type capture Andrea, with an excellent gritty presentation.

"We've got a whole bunch of those wrecks in varying sizes scattered around the coastal areas not too far from where I live, they always make good & fascinating subjects for snapping"
Thank you George, I have seen some of your excellent B&W images of those boats and they have loads of character. These two are in a harbour where you can't get to them at the same level so I opted for the top-down view. Would love to find some abandoned ones on a beach - maybe a trip to Kent is in order! :)

Some from 2003 taken with my first digital camera, a Fuji S602 pro zoom.

Mallorca. I remember like it was yesterday :D

RBwzrD2.jpg

8XkUAlD.jpg

LrSpf6E.jpg

Robin,

Thanks for the kind comments.

It was taken back in 2010 been using the wet weather as an excuse to go through my back catalogue and process what I put to one side. I thought there was a bit of water above it, but looking at their website it looks as though it is just Glass ( https://www.ssgreatbritain.org/things-to-do/dry-dock/). IT certainly gave opportunity to get up close, but it was fairly rusty in places as well.

Richard

Back