weekly BobBCN 52 (Wk 52 - BUSY added)

yep no.1 for me too, it looks like an action shot so the clipping and noise don't matter so much :)

Thanks for the comments.

Here's a first go at SMALL - easy choice for this theme for me (Scalextric/scale 1:32 (y))

Maybe try something different during the week ...... :shrug:

Sigma (3) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

love it, definitely small and lovely pp too :clap:

nice Small shot you definitely have a certain style to all your pics I like it its different :clap:

Like that and low angle works well (y)

Of the two for joy I like the second one best. It's just a great capture both technically and artistically.

Small is wonderful; full of character.

Firstly many thanks to all those who have commented on my photos so far. It's great that people take the time to drop by and very encouraging for a relative newcomer like myself.

I have tried to visit as many 52ers as poss leaving comments where I can.

Anyway, having read the reshoot info I decided to do another take on 'Leave' (My first was an underground train on its way out of Muntaner station in Barcelona).

This one is just for fun as I have been playing with the clone tool in Gimp.

It could be Leave as in the holidays are now upon us (Well, upon me I should say! Hey, but only until September 3rd!!) Or it could be Leave as in Leave Me Alone!

Whatever the case, I hope it causes a giggle or two .....

Leave by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Of all the shelves at home ..................... I found one that was nearly straight!!

So here's my offering for STRAIGHT which perhaps should be renamed straightish!

28.Straight by BobBCN, on Flickr​

hmmmm, not sure if it should be a wider angle (ie get more of the shelf/table in) or an even tighter crop to get just the bubble window. It's a nice clean shot but I feel like it needs more impact if you see what I mean...

Yeah, you are right, as soon as I posted I thought it was a bit dull!

Need to rethink this one but I think I'll stick with the spirit level theme ..... :bang:

maybe add some props on a wider shot like hammer and nails or something?

Level-ish! Well, yes, if the word LEVEL comes up!

Cheers for the comment, Mike. (y)

summer - might take you up on the hammer and nails idea ... although I'm thinking more along the lines of a crop to the bubble bit with maybe some kind of reflection. See what tomorrow brings .......

This is a reworking of my spirit level 'STRAIGHT' shot.

First off I decided to scrap the idea completely. Paradoxically, this gave me an idea! So here's one possible edit ..... 'Straight in the bin!'

Straight in the Bin by BobBCN, on Flickr​

But then I thought I really should get back to my original idea but I could only come up with the following ........ 'Almost Straight'

Almost Straight by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Of course, ridiculous to expect a straight image through a round bubble!
Maybe some macro tubes would have come in handy here?

Actually I prefer the bin shot! Better to have tried and failed .... etc etc

Cheers

I like both of those, maybe the bin shot is slightly better than the bubble, but both work well :clap:

Thanks once again for all the comments!

BTW I'll be in the UK over the next few weeks so I may get behind on the posting. I'll have to search out Wi-Fi places and all that. At least I'll have plenty of photos on the memory card! Just hope they fit the next three weeks' themes!! :LOL:

Cheers

Leave is OK, but I have this thing about photo's with captions! Still, it did make me laugh.

Your straight reshoots are brilliant, both of them! I'd go for the bin one if pushed, but I like both a lot.

Last edited:
Like your leave reshoot, good thinking!! :LOL:

I like straightish. Its simple and not an obvious subject matter but it works for me. I see what people mean about its more level but still it gives you a straight shelf.

I love the bin idea, very good. Funny where things take you sometimes!!

So here's my LETTER efforts! An excuse to use the macro rings I have just bought. It has opened up a whole new world for me.

Maybe no points for originality but the detail is amazing and I just love how things slide in and out of focus with a mere twist. I did various but I think these are the ones I like most.

MacroLetter (4) by BobBCN, on Flickr

Winston by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Cheers

Hi Bob

great reshoot of Straight...works really well for me & nicely shot (y) The spirit level on it's own fits the bill for me as well....as soon as I saw it I thought straight :)

Liking your close up shots also, 2nd in particular....nice angle , B&W suits , great DOF....nice work mister (y)

Back