Brian of Bozeats '52 for 2016 Week 10: Spikey

Is it people going through airport departures from the POV of someone watching them go through security glass?

If so, it's a novel take on the theme. I'm not sure how to crit a kaleidoscope!

Hi Brian, I am not sure whats going on there or in fact in your head, it's probably something simple but my small brain is having terrible trouble with it :thinking:

I assume that its people abandoning a building?
Interesting idea Brian :)

Thought provoking image Brian. I cannot even work out how you took the image to get that effect. Is it the machines on the right that are Abandoned because people are just passing them by?

I've abandoned my sensibilities.

... really like this image, horrific, like the brainwashed walking into some B movie science fiction disaster.

And I thought it was only me... thank goodness I went back and read the comments :)

I can't think of the link, but Really like the effect Brian, all I can think of is 'The Fly' ??

If it Isn't a 'Fly' effect, I reckon you have a bit of camera shake going on there mate/missed the focus again :whistle:

:exit:

Last edited:
Yep, I don't get it either. A thought provoking image none the less. Like something from a movie :)

Well done for trying something different.

Love the ghost effect and I kinda see abandoned in it, regardless you've got everyone talking :)

It's not meant to be a definitive image, you are meant to make your own story up, hence the impressionist effect.

For me it makes me think of a Mother and child, leaving, as viewed with tears in your eyes. Ever been divorced? Left for another and had your kids taken at the same time? Whatever... Anyway it's meant to get you thinking...

but can't give away the technique though. ;)

Ok so what I did was... I shot it with a point and shoot through a funny calidoscope lens thing I bought in a gift shop. :D

Your abandoned shot....
I actually find it a little creepy!
I may be way off base, but in my head that child has been abandoned by her parents and is being led away by a total stranger.
My apologies if that's completely off the mark!

Winter woolies on eh! They could almost blend in with that bg with it's grass, trees and frost. They look a lively pair. :)

Yes, well once again it started as a little joke with myself but I liked it. They stuck out like a pair of sore thumbs! When I chatted to the owner he told me (no prompting) that he bought the hi viz coats because on frosty mornings he couldn't keep track of them down by the river because they blended in with the background. Not my finest "work" for sure but it keeps me in the game. Thanks for the comments folks.

Last edited:
Apparently there's two dogs in last week's shot.....if there is, I can't see 'em [emoji87]

Surprisingly something we've not seen more of and it did make me laugh.

So... that's more like an anti-camouflage, right? Nevertheless, I like it. I kind of feel sorry for the dogs having to wear those, but it does make a funny picture, especially with the owner in a bright red coat!

Clever, Brian. Everyone's going on about the dogs but clearly they were deliberately placed there to distract us from the well-camouflaged horse in that field behind. Clever.

Camouflage made me chuckle Brian....and put a hard hat on them and they'd blend in to any building site in the land :LOL:

Abandoned - Interesting shot for the theme I needed the explanation but it does work for your idea great effect.

Camouflage - made me smile

For valentines we had a chilli tasting at a local chilli farm! 15 different chilli products followed by afternoon tea and cakes and all chilli infused. I know it is not to everyone's taste - but we loved it, being the thrill seekers that we are!ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1455837532.759547.jpg

Last edited:
Really like your danger shot, lets hope after eating that you don't end up in a toilet like my abandoned theme shot. haha

Hi Brian I like you image for danger, love the colours and DOF my only slight niggle is the brightness of the spoon in the centre pot it appears to be quite a lot brighter and draws my eye to it

Morning, thought I'd commented on your camouflage, doesn't grab me, really, and I'd like a lower POV, but made me smile.

Dangerous, you romantic sod ;) If there were more 'HOT', 'Very hot' 'XXXX' on the labels it'd fit the theme better, but on theme.

Cheers.

Wow, sounds like a fun adventure! :) Good idea for the theme, but it doesn't seem all that dangerous to me, seeing as the chillis are 2/5 rating. Did you try any 5/5 chillis? :p

Week 8: Topical. Feet on the ground is highly topical for me given the strong winds of the last few weeks! As for the wet ground, well that has become a regular feature recently and so is also topical. This shot taken at the end of our cross country run last night.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1455901458.443321.jpg

Last edited:
Back