Brian of Bozeats '52 for 2016 Week 10: Spikey

Hi Brian you big wuss I can see why it reminds you of Monopoly should have got straighter on maybe

Metal: Lovely sharp image and a great take on the theme

Captive: Some good lighting on the dog he look harmless to me (but then I wasn't the one he was eyeing up)

A so called dangerous dog behind bars, excellent :D

Nicely done Brian (y)

Thanks you Sir.

Wonder who gave him the black eye? Don't blame you for long lens ... even then I'd be wondering if those bars were strong enough. Nice and sharp and ... "like" that menacing look.

Thanks Carl

He's got his eyes on you. Fits the theme..

Cheers.

Hi Brian ....really like the composition with the bar central to the eyes, you've certainly caught the look. It is a Staffie isn't it, I look after one occasionally and she's the biggest softie ever.

Thanks Susie, I've no idea with dogs other than one end smells and the other has a tail on it!

Captive - cracking image for the theme, nicely taken and well spotted.

Thanks.

Brian, mean looking dog. Perfect for the theme

Thank you

Good shot there Brian, excellent use of harsh light and well done getting eye contact.
How many treats did you need to use to get your 'model' to 'co-operate' ;)

None, was going no where near it, it was giving me menacing looks from a looong way off!

Nice capture it ooozes "im watching you!"

Thanks that's cos It WAS watching me! :LOL:

Zoomed in...what a girly :)

On theme, I might have cropped in for added comedic effect.

Cheers.

You would have what? tsch... some people! :D

Beautiful Staffordshire bull, well framed shot probably one of the friendliest dogs on the planet.(y)

I loved the collar! - hehe.

metal - very striking shot I like it.
captive - great shot right on theme

Thanks.

Hi Brian!
Metal - Like it, always like abstract shots like this. Perhaps a different take on it would've been to spin the wheel on a slowish shutter - motion blurs out the spokes, would've enhanced the other metallic parts a bit too!
Captive - Bang on theme - like the cast shadows too. I'd have maybe played around with some B&W conversions on this, but that's just me!
(y)

Thank you.

Captive - don't blame you for the distance shot, it's got a mean look in it's eye. Nice shot for the theme.

Thanks.

Hi Brian you big wuss I can see why it reminds you of Monopoly should have got straighter on maybe

Thanks Al, I had it from a few different angles, I preferred this one because of the shadow.

Metal: Lovely sharp image and a great take on the theme

Captive: Some good lighting on the dog he look harmless to me (but then I wasn't the one he was eyeing up)

Erm, Nail - Head. Harmless when your not the one being eyed up! Love it, Thanks.

Week 3 - Mini-ature.

Well, these have been in the news this week, so it seemed a bit obvious really!

Week 3 Minature.jpg

B. :cow:

Hi Brian. Definitely on theme in more ways than TP's Miniature. Nicely taken but like the texture and that lovely rich colour of the wood best

You're safe, it's not a fruity device ;) Nice clear shot, was there flash involved, as there are highlights which are pushing the boundaries of the dynamic range a little. Good non-obvious take on the theme.

You're safe, it's not a fruity device ;) Nice clear shot, was there flash involved, as there are highlights which are pushing the boundaries of the dynamic range a little. Good non-obvious take on the theme.
You're wrong* about the device, it's £waytoomuch worth of extended memory Ipad Air. but you're right as well because I am safe, it's not like they're coming round removing the jack sockets is it! ;)

Regarding the flash, yes well spotted. (y) There are two light sources here.

(*fwiw, I can see why you thought that, I wear headphones a lot and I have never been able to match my old Sony Walkman headphones for comfort. So when sound quality is not critical - like when I watch you tube tutorials - I like to wear them)

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

B. :cow:

Last edited:
Nicely taken Brian, very clear, sharp and on theme too (y)

Nice .... but I think the lighting's a little harsh for me. :pompous:

I like your thinking ... works for me. Can see why you'd be happy with that - nice shot. Simple, good lighting and lovely colour contrast :clap:

Hi Brian, mini jacks in the news :wideyed: must have missed that anyway lighting looks fine and apparently its sitting on a lovely bit of wood, I despair at times
Great idea for happy I really wish I had thought of that :)

Miniature - Great take on the theme but for me the grain in the wood draws my attention a its brilliant (also that's the industry I work in)

A-Pea :clap::clap: I love it (even if it is a shoehorn bigger then Cobra usually uses)

Clever idea and bang on theme for 'happy' :D

Mini - Good to see a different interpretation.

Happy - This made me smile and managed to confuse my kids when we were going through the thread together yesterday.

Hi Brian :)

Miniature - Nice idea mate, liking the angles and close itn crop, works well :)

Happy - Shame you missed the focus on the pea, but guess that wasn't your agenda, I presume it was for fun and the 'a pea' link was the main thing, and it sure made me laugh when I saw it, and now I can imagine you smiling (y)

Last edited:
Hehehe the pea shot is very funny, and it fits the brief.

Liking abandoned, great idea (assuming I get it... or at least I like my interpretation of it), well executed.

Abandoned - It's early and I haven't had a cup of tea yet not sure I understand it but a good image though

Back