weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Hi, nice colours and very organised and a phone image, perfect for the theme (y)

Thanks Allan :)

Hi Jill ....love this one ....great colours, the angle, the crop.....and it's bang on theme :clap:

Cheers Susie (y)

Hi, Jill... Loving this pic so much. And iPhone?! Seriously?! It's a good enough image there. Look at the colours. :jawdrop:

Heyyy... We can put it as an added theme for next year. Taking pictures just using mobile phone cameras? Poking @Cobra :naughty:

Thanks (y)

Yo Jill ... another one who thinks the diagonality does the trick. It wasn't immediately apparent till I saw the numbers. (y)

Thanks David :)

Hi Jill
Before I start, as per your comment I have decided to got on and finish 52 rather than attempt to lose any more protrusions or digits!
Chilled .... That is a cracker:D But I hope Hubby removed the ice cube before you got up, you wouldn't want it sliding down any crevasse:exit: Cool Shot! As usual, you always manage to make us smile…. Nice even lighting, Nice point of focus, Well done!

Special …. That’s a nice portrait shot, great eye contact and really nice colour… nice sharp DOF works very well and separates hubby well from the background.(y)

Despair … very well portrayed and a very poignant image. It’s a terrible thing depression. Thankfully they seem to be doing something about these mental illnesses at last and actually acknowledging them, but how much they do and how quickly is another matter. The plain background and the distance away from the subject seem to really enhance the “Feeling” of the shot…. Nicely done

Noise…. 666 ha! Must be bringing the devil out in you! I really like this, I think the reflection is fantastic and nice and sharp.

Envy ….
Nice Dress! Beautifully Modelled! What good fun that is, puts me in mind of my BBQ apron, best not ask.;) Cracking shot, and a great moral code to live by….

Inverse… Wow dig those groovy trees! :wacky: That’s a great shot and when you really look into it, it really plays with your mind, sharp and crisp too… Brilliant!

Shimmer …. I think No2 really says shimmer more than No1, It’s the Bokeh that’s cracked this one.

Elements …. Quick and to the point! Fits the theme nice DOF.

Seasonalish …. Interesting colours there, dunno why but spices have always fascinated me, so like this shot…. But also love the golden Orange of the Pumpkin and I guess that’s a bit more seasonal. Like both, but I guess as Yucky Pumpkin innards are your speciality! I’ll go with that.;)

Full…. Clever…. Like my grandkids, full of beans. Very nice full of colour, and nice and sharp.

Habit…. I think you did well here with your Iphone, the B&W works well and the clouds of smoke give an additional element of interest. Also the selective vignette works well.

Covered … That’s right up my street, like covered 2 best would probably lift the foreground just a tad… Just enough to reveal the mountain line a little more …. Great Light!

Connected…. Terrible weather there then…. A speedy solution to that domestic violence then, let’s hope they keep that up. Nice to see the community getting behind it too. Personally I like the silhouette shot best something about it, gives the impression of a continuously connected line, works for me anyhow!

Down…. Looks familiar, mind you seen one staircase, Great patterns Spot on theme! Diagonals always work well.

Organised …. That’s really nice love the colours, and fits well in this thread:rolleyes::ROFLMAO: …. Sharp, Vivid and to the point what more do you need! Nice Shot Jill Love the way it completely fills the frame.

That's depressed me just realised how far I am behind:eek:
Was that a catch up or what?:)

Wow, that's some catch up Steve. Thanks for taking the time :)

Great shot for Organised (y) Great colours and I really like the diagonal composition.

Cheers Lee :)

Well I finally managed to get rid of the bronchitis (thanks to a week of penicillin :hungover:) so got out out to take some pics.
I ended up with 3 different interpretations. Out of the three number 1 is my fave and official entry, number 2 I like because of the reflections and number 3 because she really does look like she is enjoying living :D

Last edited:
Glad you are feeling better Jill (y)
The tree for me, I like the stark reality of life :)

Hi Jill. All three are good for the theme but I have to say #3 captivates - so much interest - the character, the expression, the action :clap:

Glad you are feeling better Jill (y)
The tree for me, I like the stark reality of life :)

Thanks Chris and Feliz Navidad :kiss:

Hi Jill. All three are good for the theme but I have to say #3 captivates - so much interest - the character, the expression, the action :clap:

Thanks Carl. I loved her expression too (y)

And the same to you Jill
clear.png
:kiss: :)

I prefer the first without the burst of light,
nonetheless, a very nice pair to finish on Jill (y)

Yay! Nice to finish on a happy and colourful note eh! Hope you had a good one - looking forward to 2016 :D

Hi, first one for me too, been very interesting following your posts this year

A merry christmas to you too (y) :banana: :beer:

Annnnd another vote for the first image, nice colours and spot on finish for the year, it's been enjoyable seeing your shots this year Jill, looking forward to 2016's (y)

Thanks Dean :)

Hi Jill
Living - #3 for me. Not sure why, maybe because of the colours.
Christmas - #1. Again I think it's as it is more colourful. Nice captures for both though.
Gratz on getting to the end :)

Cheers Tim and a OLD shot you'll appreciate :)

Hi, first one for me too, been very interesting following your posts this year

A merry christmas to you too (y) :banana: :beer:

Thanks Allan :pint:

Reactions: LC2
Hi Jill,
A great set for living. I can't decide between 1 or 3. 1 for the almost abstract look at Living and 3 for the expression.
The Christmas shots are both good too but I think the first one takes it for me with a bit more going on.

Looking forward to your 52 is 2016 :)

Well done Jill, I prefer the first shot.

Can I just say, I offer critique, not criticism... there's an important difference.

Congrats on completing the '52 and all the best for 2016. :)

Hi Jill ....I keep forgetting the 2015 thread ....I'm trying to keep on top of the 2016 one !

Hard to choose a favourite for living ....I love the tree, but the reflections on the duck one are fabulous. Christmas lights are bang on theme.....good to see you made it to the end :)

Hi Jill,
A great set for living. I can't decide between 1 or 3. 1 for the almost abstract look at Living and 3 for the expression.
The Christmas shots are both good too but I think the first one takes it for me with a bit more going on.

Looking forward to your 52 is 2016 :)

Thanks Lee and Happy New 52 :hug:

Well done Jill, I prefer the first shot.

Can I just say, I offer critique, not criticism... there's an important difference.

Congrats on completing the '52 and all the best for 2016. :)

Hi Brian, post duly edited :p and Happy New Year :hug:

Hi Jill ....I keep forgetting the 2015 thread ....I'm trying to keep on top of the 2016 one !

Hard to choose a favourite for living ....I love the tree, but the reflections on the duck one are fabulous. Christmas lights are bang on theme.....good to see you made it to the end :)

Thanks Susie, I know what you mean :runaway:I've got so many tabs open I can't keep track.

And congrats to you too. Not many of us girls left were there......

Hi Jill ... loving the woman with the aceite ... good capture.

And those Christmas lights (y)

Hi Jill... Merry very belated christmas and happy belated new year too!

Living: Hard to decide between #1 and #3. Love the expression on #3 and I think it represent living best out of the three.. #1 is technically beautiful but the grandma's expression is just captivating... You really have a great eye - and the speed of the hand to capture it too! :clap::clap::clap:

Christmas: Love the first shot. It feels very christmassy :D

Congrats on finishing your 52s on time... Looking forward to your 2016 set of 52s (y)(y)

Back