weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Very nice for an iPhone. Good detail and I like the over the shoulder perspective.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy. They do say it's not the quality of the gear that counts it's the person behind the gear :rolleyes:

Hi Jill ... a couple a crackers since my last visit. (y)

Full of beans haha ... Oh what fun you've been having ... top job! I'm wondering if you're using a washable plastic surface, and your beans look more baked bean coloured than the ones in my recent pic.

Habit ... real nice capture. You did one a while back of a doctors waiting room, using iPhone and furtive trickery ... I just love that effect. Is this the same iPhone edit job?

Hi David, I just used a plain white plate and Heinz baked beans of course :)

The last lot of furtive trickery was using an app called DarkLight and this lot of trickery was using After Focus which has a blur tool among other things.

Thank you Mr Phitt. A nice and a (y) Madam has done well this week :p
I suspect that you maybe taking the p*** a little here :p

Cloud cover, we
have that too, though not quite so dramatic, ours is just flat grey :(
Maybe a little more contrast though Jill?

Cloud cover, we
have that too, though not quite so dramatic, ours is just flat grey :(
Maybe a little more contrast though Jill?

It's most unusual here, mostly just blue with the occasional fluffy white cloud.

I'll have a play with the contrast and upload it later...

A little on the dark side? Nice and dramatic though...
I tried bringing up the levels slightly but blew out the white on the left, so on second thoughts I think you got the balance right.

Cheers Tim, it was dark ;) It was just around sunset

Hi Jill :)

Nice sky, but I wish there was a greater distinction between that and the mountains, but I guess there was not much you could do with that :D I do really like the great variety of the clouds though, some real dark, some real white and even some nice blue sky breaking through, liing the idea for the theme :)

Hi, that's a great sky and perfect for the theme very clever idea

Cheers Allan (y)

Hi Jill ....smashing idea for the theme:) the silhouette of the dark mountain enhances the dramatic clouds.

what a lovely thought, I doubt if you miss the UK winter.

Thanks Susie, and this is what it normally looks like, it's the view from our terrace

Hi Jill :)

Nice sky, but I wish there was a greater distinction between that and the mountains, but I guess there was not much you could do with that :D I do really like the great variety of the clouds though, some real dark, some real white and even some nice blue sky breaking through, liing the idea for the theme :)

Hi Dean, tried giving it a good talking to but it took no bl00dy notice :p

Hi, I always love sky pictures, this one is a bit dark. Beautiful colors but more light and colours would be nice :D

Thanks for looking Nora and glad you like the tweaked one better (y)

Thanks Susie, and this is what it normally looks like, it's the view from our terrace

Solía absolutamente como usted :p

He's a one isn't he. Sorry Jill for being absent. Nice set of clouds there, have you ever noticed lenticular clouds over those hills? They are very photogenic when they appear (look em up) ;)

He's a one isn't he.Sorry Jill for being absent. Nice set of clouds there, have you ever noticed lenticular clouds over those hills? They are very photogenic when they appear (look em up) ;)

That's one way of putting it Brian :cool:

And don't apologise for being absent, I didn't comment at all last week :(

A lenticular sunset here I think....

image.jpeg

Hi Jill. Sorry for the late comment - not sure how/why but managed to miss out on a few but better late than never eh! Wow - they all look amazing but that last (lenticular) specially so. Lucky girl.

Last edited:
Seasonal - lovely colour and use of light and diagonals in the first, but the detail and alien nature of the pumpkin stuff does it for me, Excellent
Full - again your lighting is lovely, the DOF is spot on as is the sharpness. very creative also, bet it was a messy one though.
Habit - when I first saw this it shocked me a little and then I realised you took it with your phone. Really good shot for a phone, composition and the smoke wisps work really well I'm just not keen on the effect/processing; the vignette for me is too strong and in turn makes the wisps look less sharp.
Covered - Cloud cover i get it, but its a little dark for me, the detail gets a little lost for me.

Impressive stuff overall Jill, sorry for the lack of comments until now

Last edited:
Hi Jill. Sorry for the late comment - not sure how/why but managed to miss out on a few but better late than never eh! Wow - they all look amazing but that last (lenticular) specially so. Lucky girl.

Thanks Carl. the Lenticular one was the sunset on the day the world was forecast to end a couple of years ago :eek: it certainly looked like it!

Seasonal - lovely colour and use of light and diagonals in the first, but the detail and alien nature of the pumpkin stuff does it for me, Excellent
Full - again your lighting is lovely, the DOF is spot on as is the sharpness. very creative also, bet it was a messy one though.
Habit - when I first saw this it shocked me a little and then I realised you took it with your phone. Really good shot for a phone, composition and the smoke wisps work really well I'm just not keen on the effect/processing; the vignette for me is too strong and in turn makes the wisps look less sharp.
Covered - Cloud cover i get it, but its a little dark for me, the detail gets a little lost for me.

Impressive stuff overall Jill, sorry for the lack of comments until now

Cheers Nathan, and don't be sorry, I'm always behind :(

Okeydokey, Connected.....

The first thought I had needs a certain set of circumstances which I have yet to encounter :D, although, if I do I'll post it later this week.

My second thought is, to me at least, more powerful, but, first, a little background.

Spain has only woken up to the fact that there is such a thing as domestic violence in the last few years. Here it is called Gender Violence and is perfectly normal in some isolated and some not so isolated communities. Gradually however initiatives are happening to both raise awareness through events and education and to respond swiftly to any such incidences. You may not be aware but the Justice system in Spain is both torturous and extreeeeeeemely sloooooowwwwwwww. A recent incident however which involved the friend of a friend was dealt with breathtakingly quickly. Her partner, drunk, became more and more verbally abusive and, in fear of personal harm, she called the police. The Guardia Civil responded very quickly, arrested him, charged him, kept him overnight in a cell, he was taken to court the next morning and sentence was passed (a 2 year restraining order). Then a couple of days ago, some 2 weeks after the event, the Guardia phoned this women to check that she was ok, that she still felt safe in her own home as her safety was their priority!

Yesterday the Town Hall staged a Senderismo (a sort of hike) of 5Km followed by the planting of 25 trees and breakfast of churros and chocolate to show the town's support of the initiative against gender violence. The first picture shows people connected by a cause, and the second, to me, shows the spirits of those killed as a result of domestic violence.

PS: I apologise in advance for the weather........

Yesterday the Town Hall staged a Senderismo (a sort of hike) of 5Km followed by the planting of 25 trees and breakfast of churros and chocolate to show the town's support of the initiative against gender violence. The first picture shows people connected by a cause, and the second, to me, shows the spirits of those killed as a result of domestic violence.
Very deep / dark subject Jill. But a worthy cause, very well documented (y)

PS: I apologise in advance for the weather........
So you bloody well should :D
Wet and windy here, just to keep the records straight :p

Wow Jill that sunset is amazing ....thank you for the 'uncloudy' view, I love Spain ...we're back to Nerja next year for the third year running ...up in the hills near Frigliana ...I love it there.

Connected ...the explanation definitely adds to the shot ....I love the shadows one, very effective. Well done to those who did the hike to highlight the cause, and how nice to finish of with churros and chocolate ....always a must on our list when we visit.

Hi Jill. Shame that domestic violence has taken so long to be recognised but hopefully the authorities have the motivation and intent there to address the problem. Great to see people out in numbers to show their support. Although #2 is more dramatic, I like #1 because the "connection" is obvious - the matching t-shirts and slogans offer clear visual signs.

I love the second shot and the underlying theme, but the first shot would be suitable for the theme (y)

Good to know that domestic violence is recognised in your area, Jill... I wish it would be the same in my country...

Back