weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Hi Jill,
Urban re-shoot - Plenty to look at in the image and quite a range of light / shadow.
I would prefer to be able to zoom in closer to the people in the image though.
Big - Oddly on the forum I'm getting a missing image icon. But I can click through to flickr :)
Good take on the theme and nicely saturated reds. Small crit would be I would have rotated the front small tomato to hide the blemish.

Hi Jill

Urban - interesting stuff, handled the shadows well, not sure about the bottom cut off point.

Big - had to view it on flickr too. Works for me, nice POV, placement of horizon. (if you know what I mean).

Last edited:
Hi Jill.....been a while.

You OK??

Cheers.
Jill's been un well recently, I have it first hand, that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible (y)

Oh, wow, thanks everyone. As many of you know I have MS and this was a pretty rotten relapse resulting in my spending time in a spanking new electric wheelchair. It also affects lots of othere things too, not least of which are concentration, memory and fatigue. However, I woke up this morning thinking what are all those 52 buggers up to in my absence, where are the themes I've missed and how the hell do I catch up now.

So, here I am, back in the game, just don't expect many comments from me just yet........

Good to see you back Jill ... you and your pictures are a ray of sunshine Espanol, even if this one is tragic.

Great that you are back Jill and with a beautifully captured hard-hitting photo as we have come to expect. Excellent stuff.

Welcome back Jill (y)
Lovely words to go with the image too :)

Wonderful to see you back Jill - you have definitely been missed! And a very poignant choice for 'after'. What a tragic story - it is so hard sometimes to truly appreciate every day, but you are absolutely right.

Thanks Emma, it was like my mojo woke up again :)

Wonderful to see your post and photo, take care.(y)

Thanks Shirley

Good to see you back Jill ... you and your pictures are a ray of sunshine Espanol, even if this one is tragic.

Aaw, thanks David, glad to be back (y)

Hey, good to see you back Jill. I did post a comment for After but that seems to have gone AWOL. Sad. Forgotten what they call these now ... a succulent anyway. Does look Alien'ish - something popping out of Sigourney's tum. Excellent DoF and sharp focus on the centre.

Alien is a great subject with a very nice tonal range and whilst I don't usually like OOF in the foreground here it works really well to draw the eye into the depths of the alien

Alien is a great shot. I assume it is floral, but it definitely looks alien. Great texture and shades of grey, works well.

Hey, good to see you back Jill. I did post a comment for After but that seems to have gone AWOL. Sad. Forgotten what they call these now ... a succulent anyway. Does look Alien'ish - something popping out of Sigourney's tum. Excellent DoF and sharp focus on the centre.

Thanks Carl and yes, After is sad and the plant is indeed a succulent but no idea what it is called either :(

Welcome back Jill, good to see you here again :)

That's a very poignant photo for After, beautifully composed and so sad too.

I like the idea of the b&w for Alien, it certainly gives it that extra terrestrial look.

Hi Susie and thanks for the welcome back. I do love positive feedback :D xx

Alien is a great subject with a very nice tonal range and whilst I don't usually like OOF in the foreground here it works really well to draw the eye into the depths of the alien

Thanks Chris. I'm not a fan of OOF foreground either but it just looked right here. Just goes to show eh :D

I'm not even gonna ask what that is .... :p
Its nicely taken whatever it is though (y)

It's a succulent of some kind and I'll accept nicely taken :p

I'll accept nicely taken :p
:D

I see you have your correct avatar back again as well ... :D

Spooky masks indeed they are.
Nice ( :D ) processing too Jill :)

Not sure about Alien, but love Spooky ... I bet they're pretty in colour but yeah dead spooky in B&W .. top idea. (y)

Welcome back Jill, hope you're feeling somewhat better.
After - A sad story indeed, you've captured the flowers very nicely.
Alien - Not getting the connection, but it is a great image, very sharp capturing the moisture well too.
Spooky - I agree with Carl, very sinister, and once again a very well taken shot.

Not sure about Alien, but love Spooky ... I bet they're pretty in colour but yeah dead spooky in B&W .. top idea. (y)

Both great choices for b&w Jill. I agree the oof foreground works really well in alien...and masks are always creepy for sure!

Love this for alien, brilliant pic.

Welcome back Jill, hope you're feeling somewhat better.
After - A sad story indeed, you've captured the flowers very nicely.
Alien - Not getting the connection, but it is a great image, very sharp capturing the moisture well too.
Spooky - I agree with Carl, very sinister, and once again a very well taken shot.

Says spooky to me, liking it in B&W, in fact think it would be too bright and take away the creepy look if in colour, so again spot on for me :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback :ty::ty::ty:

Back