weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Last edited:
catchup with a Selfie,
I think I'm in love
smiley-puppy-emoticon.gif

:D

Very nice Jill, love the hair :)

Hi Jill. I like the way you seem to materialise out of the black bg in Pose (I like the hair too). A bit of a shoehorn for News but the starbursts are great. My fave is Liquid though for the quirky distortions and the abstract nature of the image. Great catch-up.

Nice to see you back and hope you are feeling better, nice shot for pose nicely lit as are the shoes very good catch up

Great catch up Jill! I like the water and the new shoes (that would also fit for the theme "young"), but my favourite is the selfie, great lighting, great pose and full of energy.

Black dress black BG works well in POSE

LIQUID's a clever one. (y)

Hi Jill. I like the way you seem to materialise out of the black bg in Pose (I like the hair too). A bit of a shoehorn for News but the starbursts are great. My fave is Liquid though for the quirky distortions and the abstract nature of the image. Great catch-up.

Thanks Carl, and definitely a SHOEhorn :p

Nice to see you back and hope you are feeling better, nice shot for pose nicely lit as are the shoes very good catch up

Thanks Allan formerly known as alsjazzera....:D

Very stylish trio Jill - loving the red and black theme! The self portrait is very direct and engaging - I agree with Carl about the black top against the background, works so well :)

Thanks Emma. It's actually a black sheet behind me and another draped around me so the colours would be the same shade of black. Only women wouldperhaps realise there is more than one shade of black ;)

Nice little catch up again Jill, Love your NEWshoes idea, the photo I s good too, as too are all three shots, 2 very colourful and one very interesting monotone, my pick of the three is going to be you in the SP, real nice lighting and full of personality :)

It was just sitting on the bedroom floor with the window to my right, a black sheet behing me and another around me and a matte white wardrobe to the left. And I'm definitely full of something :p

Great catch up Jill! I like the water and the new shoes (that would also fit for the theme "young"), but my favourite is the selfie, great lighting, great pose and full of energy.

Thanks brrnd (see explanation to Dean) (y)

Black dress black BG works well in POSE

LIQUID's a clever one. (y)

Ooh, clever, I'll tke that and it's a black sheet ratherthan a dress to get that great décolletage :D

A nice little selection there Jill, glad to see you back in the saddle as it were (y)

Wow, you've been busy since I last called in, great catch-up, nothing to add on Pose, News and Liquid, all good takes on the theme. Cultural - certainly spot on for the theme, I was a little confused at first because of the way the yellow/black line bottom right divides the panel, initially I thought it was two separate images - but that's just me it;s been a long day.

That's a stunning photo, perfect for the theme.:clap:

Thanks so much Shirley

A nice little selection there Jill, glad to see you back in the saddle as it were (y)

Mojo rising :p and only two behind now :D

Wow, you've been busy since I last called in, great catch-up, nothing to add on Pose, News and Liquid, all good takes on the theme. Cultural - certainly spot on for the theme, I was a little confused at first because of the way the yellow/black line bottom right divides the panel, initially I thought it was two separate images - but that's just me it;s been a long day.

Thanks Chris, I've definitely been trying to catch up (y)

Hi Jill glad to see you back!

Some great images in your catch up your panel of image for Culture really grabs your attention love the bold vibrant colours.

That's a great collage of photographs for Culture. Great colours for the day of the dead!

Well that's covered Cultural then. Incredibly colourful Jill. Like it.

Well, hellooooo, Red hair, i used to have red hair back in my younger days :)

Nice pose, central position works well; your eyes look a little OOF.

Shoes, my brother likes shoes, spend hundreds on one bloody pair :) Red again, and I like red; the star burst works well.

Liquid, make my head go weird :) Is that a skull in the glass??

Cultural, lovely vivid colours.

Nice catch up (y)

Cheers.

Well this is 3 down and 5 still to catch up on (maybe 6 by now :eek:) Didn't realise I had been out of it for so long :(. Slowly getting my strength back and resisting trying to overdo it as I normally do!

SPOOKY

Spooky by Bruja Jill, on Flickr

Was this in Venice perchance ? Lots of shopfronts full of these displays there.

Hey Jill.
Pose - One of these days I'm going to have to try a selfie. Looks spot on to me :)
New - Red Shoes... Hmm... ;) I love the lighting. Nicely done.
Liquid - Wow at the patterns, that is a really interesting abstract shot. I bet that would sell a few copies in a gallery.
Cultural - Presumably 'Day of the Dead'? THat's a really nice set.
Good catch up (y)

Hi Jill ...well you've certainly come back with some stunning photos. It would be hard to choose a favourite, I love the carnival masks, the SP is a smasher with the black surround, that's an eye catching shot of the shoes with the lights, and I love the idea with the glass. Plus it all looks very colour co-ordinated.
Another winner with Cultural, super bright colours in an interesting collection of images.

That's a great collage of photographs for Culture. Great colours for the day of the dead!

Thanks brrnd (y)

Well that's covered Cultural then. Incredibly colourful Jill. Like it.

Cheers Carl :ty:

Well, hellooooo, Red hair, i used to have red hair back in my younger days :)

Nice pose, central position works well; your eyes look a little OOF.

Shoes, my brother likes shoes, spend hundreds on one bloody pair :) Red again, and I like red; the star burst works well.

Liquid, make my head go weird :) Is that a skull in the glass??

Cultural, lovely vivid colours.

Nice catch up (y)

Cheers.

You used to have hair back in your you ger days :ROFLMAO:. And my eyes are oof as I've got double vision :rolleyes:

Definitely a skull shaped depression in the glass for holding your beverage of choice :D

Thanks Andy (y)

Hi Jill ...well you've certainly come back with some stunning photos. It would be hard to choose a favourite, I love the carnival masks, the SP is a smasher with the black surround, that's an eye catching shot of the shoes with the lights, and I love the idea with the glass. Plus it all looks very colour co-ordinated.
Another winner with Cultural, super bright colours in an interesting collection of images.

Thanks Susie

Like your spooky shot, and like the B/W processing and the compo. (y)

Thank you (y)

Pose, NEWShoes, Liquid, Cultural ( my favorite) and Spooky all a very nice catch up!

Thanks Clive (y)

Well I arranged ARRANGED in between sleeps today because to add insult to injury I've had a rotten stomach bug for 3 days now which has set me back a bit....but....I've got Cracked ready to go so I'm bl@ddy well going to finish this challenge :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Nice colourful fashion parade Jill. What are they exactly ... make great props whatever. (Get better soon).

Nice and colourful perfect for the theme, now you mention they are ballpoint pens its obvious

Back