weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Great Cultural images, all very colourful, very Hispanic.

The pens make great props ... more lovely colour.

(y)

Nice male/femail shot can't doubt that's on theme, that's a clear puddle for liquid took a while to work it out

Lovely image for Male/Female - looks fabulous in b&w. I was flummoxed by Liquid .. is it really a reflection in a puddle, looks very sharp for that somehow.

Flummoxed here too. o_O

But YOUNG is a good one.

MALE/FEMALE is a great cheery image (y)

Nice catch up shots. Two happy generations in both Male/Female and Young shots. Not sure whats going on with the Liquid re-shoot? :thinking:

Thanks Stan....it's a reflection in a puddle....

Nice male/femail shot can't doubt that's on theme, that's a clear puddle for liquid took a while to work it out

Thanks Allan, and the prize for getting in right goes to you :beer:

Lovely image for Male/Female - looks fabulous in b&w. I was flummoxed by Liquid .. is it really a reflection in a puddle, looks very sharp for that somehow.

Hi Carl, yes, it's definitely a reflection in a puddle on a very still day. We don<t often get rain here but it rained for over a week here last week.

Flummoxed here too. o_O

But YOUNG is a good one.

MALE/FEMALE is a great cheery image (y)

IT'S A PUDDLE....... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Glad you like the others though :D

Oooo ;)
That's a very nice portrait Jill :)

Flummoxed of MK ???

Thank you kind snake and, for a final time......it's a puddle!

Does this help....

IMG_0305.JPG

Hi Jill,

Arranged - I wouldn't have guessed they were pens until you said, nicely on theme and something nice and bright for these dull winter days.

Male / Female - Works well in B&W :)

Young - You'll have us getting envious again, of the weather you have over there. Vibrant with all the different colours, but it leaves me pondering if the shot was about a (youngsters) play area, or the youngster on the swing.

Liquid Re-Shoot - Blimey, that is a still puddle, excellent reflection shot, and inverting it really does make the mind work.
I think this is my fav of the 4 (y)

Some great images posted since my last visit Jill

I absolutely love Male and Female what a lovely image

Three nice submissions, really like the egg pic.

Have a nice Christmas and new year

Nice catch up Jill :)
I'm with Allan, the egg was well thought out, my favourite of the 3.

Feliz Navidad (y)

Yes, I like the plastered egg for the concept but something magical with Out & About ... maybe to do with the children's excitement. Happy Christmas

Hi Jill.
Cracked - Humpty most certainly is.
I'm personally not a fan of the white vignette effect, but that's just me and I guess it does prevent it having a square frame.

Out & About - The B&W #1 street shot for me, very Urban :)

Cracked made me smile, nice take on the theme.

First out-and-about for me good urban feel to it.

The first 'Out and About' is a great bit of street photography. Well captured moment.

And the cracked (and fixed) egg is an amusing approach to the theme.

Three nice submissions, really like the egg pic.

Have a nice Christmas and new year

Nice catch up Jill :)
I'm with Allan, the egg was well thought out, my favourite of the 3.

Feliz Navidad (y)

Well Jill... just love that cracked image, what a fab idea, as for out and about, the second image for me too, feeling festive :)

Yes, I like the plastered egg for the concept but something magical with Out & About ... maybe to do with the children's excitement. Happy Christmas

Love your egg and your out and abouts, looking forward to seeing more next year.

Hi Jill.
Cracked - Humpty most certainly is.
I'm personally not a fan of the white vignette effect, but that's just me and I guess it does prevent it having a square frame.

Out & About - The B&W #1 street shot for me, very Urban :)

Cracked made me smile, nice take on the theme.

First out-and-about for me good urban feel to it.

The first 'Out and About' is a great bit of street photography. Well captured moment.

And the cracked (and fixed) egg is an amusing approach to the theme.

Hi Jill ...that egg is inspired thinking, I love it.
Fourth time to Nerja next year and we are definitely going to get to Granada. Hope to see you in next years 52's :)

Thank you all so much and a Very Happy New Year and see you in 52-2017 :D

Well, this is it, the final submission of 52-2016..... Celebration :banana::banana::banana::jaffa::beer::woot::woot::woot:

There was a time, in September when I didn't think I'd make it, but, after 13 pics in 4 weeks I've made it :D

Thanks again for all your support :angelic:

This is not the most inspired picture of this year's challenge but it gives you a peek into a traditional Christmas Eve dinner.

In Spain the main Christmas meal is on Christmas Eve where all the family sit down to a great feast. We've been lucky enough to have been 'adopted' as family members over the last 18 months and experienced it for the first time. You meet up about 9.30 and have an aperitif or two, some nibbles such as cured tuna slices, cheese and serrano ham. Then sitting down at about 10.30 for razor clams in garlic butter, more jamon and cheese and salad. Main courses included braised pork in black beer (mine), bacon stuffed chicken breasts, lamb casserole, couscous, stuffed turkey breast and roast potatoes and lots of wine. It was midnight by the time we got to puds :eek:

So here is Christmas Eve

It looks like, and sounds like, a great time was had by all Jill (y)

Good grief .. that's some feast. Some extended family too ... isn't that QEII I see at the far end !?!? Well done on completing the '52 Jill - all good luck for 2017.

Sounds good Jill and spot on for the theme, all the best for the new year.

Great shots to finish off as ever Jill - I've enjoyed your thread a lot! Mother and son and your original liquid reshoot are my faves - the egg is nicely done, too. That certainly looks like a classic Spanish celebration - how wonderful to have been 'adopted' :) Congratulations on finishing your 52 - see you in 2017?

It seems I've pretty much been beaten to all the comments on this one Jill.
I guess you're sitting at this end of the table, so my comment would be...
"Put your phone away - It's dinner time!" ;)

Nicely done shot, you've kept everyone in focus yet kept the noise down to an acceptable level too, in what much be pretty dark conditions.

Gratz on getting to the end, and glad you're in for 2017.

It looks like, and sounds like, a great time was had by all Jill (y)

It was a d we did it all again last night too

Good grief .. that's some feast. Some extended family too ... isn't that QEII I see at the far end !?!? Well done on completing the '52 Jill - all good luck for 2017.

Thanks Carl, and a happy, healty 2017 to you and yours x

Sounds good Jill and spot on for the theme, all the best for the new year.

We did it all again last night too :D Happy New Year x

Thats one hell of a party.

Fitting finish to your 52.

See you in 2017.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy and we did it all again last night :p

Great shots to finish off as ever Jill - I've enjoyed your thread a lot! Mother and son and your original liquid reshoot are my faves - the egg is nicely done, too. That certainly looks like a classic Spanish celebration - how wonderful to have been 'adopted' :) Congratulations on finishing your 52 - see you in 2017?

Thanks emja, it's great to be finally accepted as 'Spanish, and to be a part of sich a great extended family. Have a great 2017 x

I agree, how lovely to become part of such a fabulous celebration, really pleased you're in for next year Jill.

A wonderful table full of people celebrating, a great end. Cheers to you.:)

Thanks Shirley and Happy New Year.

They know how to Celebrate and a great ending to the project. Very well done for finishing. :clap:

Hi Stan and thanks for your support, it was a struggle but I can be very obstinate sometimes to not be beaten by this horrible disease :D

It seems I've pretty much been beaten to all the comments on this one Jill.
I guess you're sitting at this end of the table, so my comment would be...
"Put your phone away - It's dinner time!" ;)

Nicely done shot, you've kept everyone in focus yet kept the noise down to an acceptable level too, in what much be pretty dark conditions.

Gratz on getting to the end, and glad you're in for 2017.

Thanks Tim and Happy New Year x

Sounds and looks the perfect finish Jill... really pleased to see you back in the game, and well done on finishing another 52 :clap:

Thanks Dean and a Happy New Year x

Back