weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Hi Jill, took me a while to get it but as I am just old enough to remember the series I think its very clever

Excellent use of empty space and colour (y) - hope your feeling better and your sight returns sans surgery :)

Now I'm off to google I am a free man as I still don't get it.

Ah ok I get and yes I am a little too young for it to have been significant in my life although I am aware of it :)

Me neither :) it was one of those things on the tv that I found very weird at the time cos I was so young.

Glad you like the image (y)

Hope your feeling better:)
Very clever, simple but effective, PM always reminds me of spacehoppers, weird thing to watch,:cool:

Thanks Walter, glad you like it, and yes, those huge balloons were very strange :eek:

Hey Jill.
I hope that the symptoms go on their own :(
I can't believe that I didn't immediately get the reference in your image, especially as I often quote from the series at work.
Great Out of the Box image :)

Me too Tim, and it was very obscure, a sort of 6 degrees of connectedness. See what this place has done to my mind, I've been following @posiview fot too long :runaway:

Bugger, bugger, bugger....I don't get it :help:

My initial though was that it was ward 6 at the hospital :thinking:

Hope you are on the mend (y)

Cheers.

Google Number 6 and the answer is in Wikipedia..........

Nah, the hospital thing was just info, this is a very obscure (that is to say twisted) interpretation that you young 'uns will need to Google :p

It looks impressive Jill but I'm afraid I don't think I get it either ....I did Google Freedom and number six and it came up with some interesting things, but not sure which one applies :oops: :$

:hug: Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks Susie, Number 6 in Google will give you the result, or try Wikipedia - tha answer is obvious when you see it there, but it is the opposite of Freedom.

Hi Jill, took me a while to get it but as I am just old enough to remember the series I think its very clever

Thanks Allan :)(y)

And well done for not giving the game away (y)

Captive a simple image for the theme, doesn't look wonky to me.

Cheers (y)

Hi Jill. Hope you are feeling better now - must have been worrying. I'll start searching for the box for you although I suspect it will be a lost cause in this case ha ha. Not sure how you got to this from Captive but as an image, I like it for it's simplicity and clean white look.

Hahahah, you are probably right Carl, I saw it scurrying over the distant hills and I'm buggered if I'm chasing after it at my age ;)

Glad you like the image, it took some convoluted and concentrated mind bending to come up with what ended up a very simple idea. It is symbolic too - a small number six with lots of space all around but captive just the same :confused::naughty:

Hi, somehow managed to miss your first two weeks, so catching up..

Old - The leaf would be my pick out of the two. I like the simplicity and the shape of the leaf, the other one has good detail and some great textures though.
Metal - Love the warm reflections in the plaque but, as you say, it's a shame about the bottom left hand side. Love the metal chain though and that blue sky is beautiful. Very jealous of the 21C, it's a lovely blue sjy here today but a rather chilly 3C!
Captive - Didn't get the reference as I'm to young (not often I get to say that now) but googled it and now makes sense. Really nice abstract image, I'd be interested to know if you came up with the theme and then found the number or if it was the other way round.

Oh thanks for the Jaffa .. so I was right !!

Creative placing of 6 in the frame. (y)

NB The TV series appeals to people of all ages obsessed with the cult ... that's how I know about it.

Last edited:
Great idea for the theme, been to Portmeirion a few times, very photogenic place. Love this photo.

Thanks Jill ....I've got it now :) I should have remembered that.

Still get three of your images on my iPad so of course it showed as 666 originally !

Hahaha, surely someone can fix that as it does the same for me as I use the App.

Hi, somehow managed to miss your first two weeks, so catching up..

Old - The leaf would be my pick out of the two. I like the simplicity and the shape of the leaf, the other one has good detail and some great textures though.
Metal - Love the warm reflections in the plaque but, as you say, it's a shame about the bottom left hand side. Love the metal chain though and that blue sky is beautiful. Very jealous of the 21C, it's a lovely blue sjy here today but a rather chilly 3C!
Captive - Didn't get the reference as I'm to young (not often I get to say that now) but googled it and now makes sense. Really nice abstract image, I'd be interested to know if you came up with the theme and then found the number or if it was the other way round.

Hi Steve, thanks for dropping in and never worry about missing weeks as I do it all the time. It calms down by about April.......

Well we are given the theme and the thought process (eventually) went like this-------- Captive-------->Prisoner---------->Number 6. The composition reflected the Prisoner as he was kept in a village so although he was a prisoner he had a lot of space to roam in but couldn't escape that space. Hence the 6 has a lot of space but can't escape the frame.

Oh thanks for the Jaffa .. so I was right !!

Creative placing of 6 in the frame. (y)

NB The TV series appeals to people of all ages obsessed with the cult ... that's how I know about it.

Yup, and thanks (y)

Great idea for the theme, been to Portmeirion a few times, very photogenic place. Love this photo.

Thanks muchly Lee :)

OK, for all of you who didn't get the reference it is from a TV series in the late 60’s, and, before you all admit to being too young to have got it it was repeated a couple or so years ago :p

It's the Prisoner who was given the number 6 as his identifier.

The Prisoner

Brilliant and simple image. Love the choice of colour. Nice minimal approach.

Must be my showing my age I had to check with Hubby on the number but I did get the reference straight away
maybe that is just showing my age. I like it and don't think the box is that far away.

I think this is the first of the Tilt Shift effect shots, I was expecting a load more.
That has worked really well, you've chosen a good original shot to apply the effect to.

Temp is above 16' here too, in Fahrenheit...

Yeah, we got blue skies too ... just happens to be polar ice blue that's all. That is a very serene image - love the effect ... must get around to understanding tilt shift effect. Really well done.:clap:

It would have been a lot better with snow on those mountains :p

Seriously though the effect work really well, the boats certainly look minature

Very nice Ma'am.
I really like the T&S effect on this one (y)

If it is any consolation it was only 16C :coat:
Ah, but we had snow (y)

Well I'm definitely old, because I got the Number 6 reference straight away and have happy memories of several pilgrimages to Portmeirion back in the day!

Lovely shot for Miniature - I'm very jealous of the blue sky!

Hey Jill :)

Captive - Oh dear... you ain't having luck :( - Image wise looks level to me, unusual idea but I like it :)

Miniature - Although I would personally prefer the boats up the frame slightly, a very nice effective tiltshift, nice colours too, not jealous at all, well maybe a tad :mooning: :p

I think this is the first of the Tilt Shift effect shots, I was expecting a load more.
That has worked really well, you've chosen a good original shot to apply the effect to.

Temp is above 16' here too, in Fahrenheit...

Me too! Quite surprised to be the only one so far. Thanks Tim (y)

Yeah, we got blue skies too ... just happens to be polar ice blue that's all. That is a very serene image - love the effect ... must get around to understanding tilt shift effect. Really well done.:clap:

Thanks so much Carl. As it is on my iPhone I just use an app to do it :)

It would have been a lot better with snow on those mountains :p

Seriously though the effect work really well, the boats certainly look minature

Thanks so much Chris, and there was snow about 100km away on the Sierra Nevada :coldfeet:

Lovely photo, loving the blue sky and the sense of warmth and peace from this (especially on a chilly day here). The tilt shift effect works very well.

Hi Steve, I didn't appreciate what a calm image it was til I got home and uploaded it. Thanks for commenting :)

Very nice Ma'am.
I really like the T&S effect on this one (y)

Ah, but we had snow (y)

Thank you Mr Hissy, very kind of you :p and there was snow on the Sierra Nevada about 100km away.

Well I'm definitely old, because I got the Number 6 reference straight away and have happy memories of several pilgrimages to Portmeirion back in the day!

Lovely shot for Miniature - I'm very jealous of the blue sky!

Thanks Elaine. I think this week is defining our generation with all the legends popping their clogs :(

Hey Jill :)

Captive - Oh dear... you ain't having luck :( - Image wise looks level to me, unusual idea but I like it :)

Miniature - Although I would personally prefer the boats up the frame slightly, a very nice effective tiltshift, nice colours too, not jealous at all, well maybe a tad :mooning: :p

Hi Dean, hopefully got some glasses sorted out which will correct it for a while. Should be ready next week (y)

Couldn't move the scenery around sorry :whistle:

Cool tilt shift :)

Gaz

Cheers Gaz (y)

Miniature: really like this effect and the scene you've chosen for this works well. Blur it's quite heavy on the edges and slightly distracting, but not enough to prevent me giving a big things up

Hi Jason, did you mean (y) ? You using predictive texting again :ROFLMAO:

Back