weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

Fab shout at the tilt and shift effect - good choice of scene and nice vibrant colours. I might have preferred to have more of the boats in the frame and opted for a blurred foreground as well as bg, but otherwise works for me.

Spooks

Simple but effective - hope you are well again soon :)

Thanks Jon :)

Must be my showing my age I had to check with Hubby on the number but I did get the reference straight away
maybe that is just showing my age. I like it and don't think the box is that far away.

Thank you, and I'm hoing the box will find it's way home soon. I quite miss it ;)

Tilt shift works well, I like it.

Cheers Michael

Fab shout at the tilt and shift effect - good choice of scene and nice vibrant colours. I might have preferred to have more of the boats in the frame and opted for a blurred foreground as well as bg, but otherwise works for me.

Spooks

Hi Spooks, I've got a slightly different version hereimage.jpeg

again from my trusty iPhone

Hi Jill ...really nicely done, I like this effect, not sure how you did that on your iphone but it looks excellent.

Thanks Susie, it's an app called Darklight

Hi, I also thought there'd be more T&S. The transition looks a little abrupt, but certainly works well.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy (y)

Last edited:
He certainly seems happy enough Jill, but oh to have to worry about strong contrasty light :D

Who could fail to be happy in that strong sunshine? Have to agree with other comments about the deep shadows though, so maybe it wasn't the best of conditions for taking photos.

Hi Jill. You know this is really the best place for soft or zero shadows, can't understand your liking for that place with all that hot sunshine .... Wanna swap? Goat looks very happy and contented so spot on theme.

Hi
One very happy goat by the looks of things, though not keen on strong shadow but understand why

Oooo very bright light, not liking the strong shadow, sorry, poor thing even has his eyes closed, or is that the Devil behind him :D

He sure does look to have a nice toothy grin :)

Happy - I have to agree with DK's comments.

He certainly seems happy enough Jill, but oh to have to worry about strong contrasty light :D

Who could fail to be happy in that strong sunshine? Have to agree with other comments about the deep shadows though, so maybe it wasn't the best of conditions for taking photos.

Hi Jill. You know this is really the best place for soft or zero shadows, can't understand your liking for that place with all that hot sunshine .... Wanna swap? Goat looks very happy and contented so spot on theme.

Hi
One very happy goat by the looks of things, though not keen on strong shadow but understand why

Thanks for the comments all. It's difficult to capture a sunbathing goat without the sun casting a shadow :p Will try to do better next week but don't hold your breath as still can't see straight :banghead:, nor walk straight for that matter and MrB is not too happy about my idea for Abandoned, or, as @Cobra put it, Abandonded :angelic:

... looks like a smile so it must be a smile. I bet he'd look cool in shades.

Good luck with Abandonded. :sneaky:

He does indeed look happy and you can't help it if your natural light is brilliant Sunshine and he wouldn't have looked quite so happy without it
I rather like the shadow.

I Jill.
Apologies for not dropping in sooner.

I see your off to a cracking start again this year....Sorry to hear about your sight issues though :-(

My favourite has got to be the CAPTIVE shot. Genius.

... looks like a smile so it must be a smile. I bet he'd look cool in shades.

Good luck with Abandonded. :sneaky:

Definitely a cheerful and happy shot. I'll be happy with some sun too instead of the cold, wet and windy weather in the past weeks!

I quite like the effect of the strong light, as DK says the shadow does look like a horned devil :)
I'm also going to agree with @d00d, he needs shades. Wayfarers I believe.
Nice one Jill

He does indeed look happy and you can't help it if your natural light is brilliant Sunshine and he wouldn't have looked quite so happy without it
I rather like the shadow.

I Jill.
Apologies for not dropping in sooner.

I see your off to a cracking start again this year....Sorry to hear about your sight issues though :-(

My favourite has got to be the CAPTIVE shot. Genius.

I'm going to have to start avoiding your thread, all this sun and blue sky is getting difficult to take :)

The goat sure looks happy with that sun though. (y)

Thanks all :) and I'm now going to catch up on this weeks submissions now I've finally taken mine :banana:

Ha ha - serves you right. Quirkily, we've had bright blue skies the last couple of days. I like the line of oranges leading up towards the figure on the ground (siesta or drunken stupor?)

Ha ha - serves you right. Quirkily, we've had bright blue skies the last couple of days. I like the line of oranges leading up towards the figure on the ground (siesta or drunken stupor?)

Cheers Carl. The line of oranges was already there and no, neither siesta nor drunken stupor. The clue is in the title :p

I missed the body first time I viewed but the oranges do lead nicely towards it. A good take on the subject.

Hi, saw this on a phone and it wasn't till I saw it on the computer I noticed the body, its quite sinister, I like it (y)

Nice image for the Abandoned, plenty of colour and the body is clever idea

I didn't see it at first, viewing on a small screen! You certainly went to some effort for this one and it works. I like the colours and idea for the shot.

Originally, I thought I'd prefer a tighter crop but then to be honest, I think that might be a little too obvious! Good effort :)

Back