weekly Bruja's 2016 52 - CELEBRATION

2 again from me this week.

The first one is the Metal plaque representing the Spanish Foreign Legion. I would have liked the light to have been better on the bottom LHS but I couldn't move the building opposite :rolleyes:

The second is my iPhone pic of the chain on a child's swing. Sorry for the blue sky but it was 21C :p

Hi, I think the second one for me, I am surprised by the quality of the image its produced, wondered what that blue BG was

Hi there,as you say shame about BLHS, nice badge, did you have any room for a bigger border, seems a bit tight,
The links have great BG, if you had more links then crop for symetery may have give pic more depth imho :)

Hi, I think the second one for me, I am surprised by the quality of the image its produced, wondered what that blue BG was

Hi Allan, it's an 8mp camera so not bad really ;) And, yes, it was the sky :D

Hi there,as you say shame about BLHS, nice badge, did you have any room for a bigger border, seems a bit tight,
The links have great BG, if you had more links then crop for symetery may have give pic more depth imho :)

Hi Walter, and thanks for dropping in. Wasn't any more room unfortunately :(, and here is another iPhone pic that you might like better ;)

image.jpeg

I think you nailed the first pic only lacking slight symetery, the close up was good for the detail just thoughts for next time,
The second is more abstract,, if it had three full links and two halves i think it would work, these are only suggestions,:)

All really good but I think #2 is best - love the texture and the subtle colour in the links (never mind that wonderful blue sky) - including a deep pink at the base of that main one - from white through to dark grey and all the shades in between. Bravo :clap:

All really good but I think #2 is best - love the texture and the subtle colour in the links (never mind that wonderful blue sky) - including a deep pink at the base of that main one - from white through to dark grey and all the shades in between. Bravo :clap:

Wow, thanks Carl, and that deep pink is my tshirt :p

I like the badge, nice detail and the reflections in it add to the texture.

Chhers Clive and welcome to the 52 :welcome:

Hi Jill.
I like #1, but #2 (the chain) is the killer image for me.
Beautifuly crisp and such a clear blue sky. Lovely.

Hi Tim, thanks a lot. Killer image eh :love:

Hi Jill ....well the iPhone's done it for me this week ....I love both shots. Lucky you having that glorious blue sky.

Thanks Susie, although the sky is a mix of white, grey and blue with lots of wind today. Still relatively warm though and had no rain again for weeks :tumbleweed:

Another vote for 2. Like the vibrant deep blue and shiny silver combo

Thanks Jason (y)

Interesting coat of arms Jill, but I do prefer the close up links, even if they are not quite symmetrical (y)

Nice images, I prefer the chain the best, I like the angle and tight crop. Good luck completing your 52

Hi Bruja, another vote for pic #2 for the metal theme from me... I cannot wait until a blue sky like that is once again showing over the UK. I'm fed up of the rain now!

Hello Madam Mim...I like the second chain shot as well, but find it sickening that you have that lovely blue sky as a seemingly permanent background.

I like the tight crop on the links, seems to give it a sense of strength and captures some nice metallic details. Good idea with the metal plaque but I guess it was always going to be difficult with something so polished in natural light.

Hi Jill

I really like the iPhone leaves shot for old the detail and composition are great very impressive for a phone shot!

I also prefer the metal chain to the coat of arms but I think it's just because I like those kind of images.

Hi Jill, pleased your in for '16 :)

Old #1 distressed wood & rusty old metal in abundance, perfect dof.

Metal .. love the clean simplicity ... those 3 links ... (y)

Interesting coat of arms Jill, but I do prefer the close up links, even if they are not quite symmetrical (y)

Thanks Hissy. It was quite difficult to shoot as the breeze was making the swing sway o_O

Nice images, I prefer the chain the best, I like the angle and tight crop. Good luck completing your 52

Thanks Lee, and thanks for looking (y):hug:

Hi Bruja, another vote for pic #2 for the metal theme from me... I cannot wait until a blue sky like that is once again showing over the UK. I'm fed up of the rain now!

Hi Rob, thanks for commenting. The sky is like that about 90% of the time :whistle:

Hello Madam Mim...I like the second chain shot as well, but find it sickening that you have that lovely blue sky as a seemingly permanent background.

Hi David, thanks for commenting, and the sky is like that about 90% of the time :p

I like the tight crop on the links, seems to give it a sense of strength and captures some nice metallic details. Good idea with the metal plaque but I guess it was always going to be difficult with something so polished in natural light.

Hi Chris, thanks for dropping in. I know what you mean about the plaque but I'd have looked a bit odd carrying a reflector through the town :p

Hi Jill

I really like the iPhone leaves shot for old the detail and composition are great very impressive for a phone shot!

I also prefer the metal chain to the coat of arms but I think it's just because I like those kind of images.

Hi Ruth, nice to see you again. Looks like the iPhone is in the lead so far :D

Hi Jill, pleased your in for '16 :)

Old #1 distressed wood & rusty old metal in abundance, perfect dof.

Metal .. love the clean simplicity ... those 3 links ... (y)

Hi David, glad to see you still here too :D Gluttons for punishment eh :wacky: Glad you like the pics (y)

Week 2 already :p

Another iPhone one from me this week and I think I got so far out of the box that I can't find it now :ROFLMAO: but it's been a weird sort of week having been sent to Urgencias (A&E) by my doctor as I've got double vision. After 3 hours it was confirmed that it's just another bloody MS effect and come back in 6 months so we can see if it has got any worse :(:banghead:

Not exactly the greatest symptom to have when trying to edit stuff so please point out (as if you wouldn't) any wonky horizons.

Hi Jill. Hope you are feeling better now - must have been worrying. I'll start searching for the box for you although I suspect it will be a lost cause in this case ha ha. Not sure how you got to this from Captive but as an image, I like it for it's simplicity and clean white look.

I'm really beginning to worry about you Jill :D

You and one other :D

Oh Bugger not good :( will it fade or are you stuck with it?

Don't know yet, may settle down but the last time I ended up having surgery to correct it :(

PS Did you get the relevance of the pic?

Don't know yet, may settle down but the last time I ended up having surgery to correct it :(
I'll keep everything crossed for you (y)

PS Did you get the relevance of the pic?
Only the fact that there were 2 other sixes missing :D ( 666)

Excellent use of empty space and colour (y) - hope your feeling better and your sight returns sans surgery :)

Now I'm off to google I am a free man as I still don't get it.

Ah ok I get and yes I am a little too young for it to have been significant in my life although I am aware of it :)

Last edited:
Hey Jill.
I hope that the symptoms go on their own :(
I can't believe that I didn't immediately get the reference in your image, especially as I often quote from the series at work.
Great Out of the Box image :)

Back