Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Owners Thread

Mine has arrived - was not expecting much over the 5D3, but taking all the improvements together it's proving a lot of fun and a big upgrade in my view.

Nice.
I'm going to decide when in New York pver new year. Holiday away, missus in a good mood, might not mind me buying one :D

Unless things have changed, the warranty is global, so buying in the US when you are over there is fine. It's only a problem if you buy from the US and have it delivered to a UK address.

Unless things have changed, the warranty is global, so buying in the US when you are over there is fine. It's only a problem if you buy from the US and have it delivered to a UK address.

Sorry to disappoint you but I covered this earlier in the thread.

You are wrong, neither bodies or lenses bought in the US have international warranty, US and Canada only.

Not an issue with CPS membership. My local rep said it's ok with L lenses and professional bodies
Also £200 extends the warranty from 1 year to 3

I'm sorry to seem obstinate (nothing new there!!) however before you assume this I'd certainly phone Canon Elstree and check it out.

It used to be the case, however the policy changed a couple of years ago, I know as a pal of mine from the US had a body needing repair (still under US warranty) and Canon Elstree said it was a chargeable repair.

He checked his warranty when back home and the warranty card specifically said "US and Canada only"

I've also checked after that (I'm CPS platinum) and was told the same thing.

I'd hate people to be misled with what I believe to be incorrect information.

Anyway, with the GBP at this level, we'll soon be cheaper!!

George.

Sorry to disappoint you but I covered this earlier in the thread.

You are wrong, neither bodies or lenses bought in the US have international warranty, US and Canada only.

It does not disappoint me at all, I bought a Canon camera in Boston MA, and it developed a fault. Canon UK fixed it no problem. Things may have changed, but back then, it was no problem.

As I said earlier that USED to be the case a couple of years ago, I'd not like anyone to get the impression that from my recent experience it's still like that.
Check with Elstree.
George

It was always going to come down in price after the early adopters took their share. But I have to say the fall is faster and larger than I thought considering the macroeconomic environment we in the UK are facing.

£2750 at panamoz, what brexit?...

You are kidding of course. I have been watching the price creep up daily on the 5D3 at Panamoz and HDEW. It has gone up over £150 in a week due to the pounds crash. It would be less than £2750 if the pound wasn't in trouble.

You are kidding of course. I have been watching the price creep up daily on the 5D3 at Panamoz and HDEW. It has gone up over £150 in a week due to the pounds crash. It would be less than £2750 if the pound wasn't in trouble.

Might have crept up at hdew, but its only ever gone down at Panamoz, it was £2780 the other day.

You are missing the point. The price of the 5D mark 3 has been going up almost every single day due to the falling pound. Yes the price of the 5D mark 4 is coming down but likely not as much as it could because of the pound and the pound looks to be heading for worse. Brexit has most definitely added to the cost of cameras. Even at wex the 5D3 is £500 more expensive than I saw it last year on there. It's almost as expensive as it was in Nov 2014 and this is at a time when they should be trying to clear stock. When I asked for a price check from panamoz....

"We're sorry, we're unable to match that price, because the pound has fallen so much recently and our profit has been mostly erased. We're running a promotion where if you place an order for two items together, you will receive a 30 GBP discount at checkout (excluding accessories)"

Regardless of the long term issue win or lose with brexit, it's pretty clear you are going to be paying a lot right now for gear.

Regardless of the long term issue win or lose with brexit, it's pretty clear you are going to be paying a lot right now for gear.

With respect the price of a camera or any other gadget is just a small part of a very big picture so my advice is to suck it up or move to France.

With respect the price of a camera or any other gadget is just a small part of a very big picture so my advice is to suck it up or move to France.

Totally off topic but the pre brexit fallout has made moving to France or any other euro zone country an expensive nightmare must really sting for anyone studying abroad.

Back on topic good to see the price falling the mkiii seems to be holding up far to well on the second hand market though!

Hum, maybe I'll wait until the canon cashback offer that usually comes around Christmas

It's dropping £20 every week at panamoz, it's at £2730 right now, I don't want mine until December so I'll hold out just a biiiit longer

That might not be a good strategy if the pound drops any lower.

The only reason the price has been coming down for the 5d mk iv is because it has dropped from the always high release price.

It has just increased slightly today from our suppliers so now might be the right time to buy. Depending on if you think the pound is going to fall any further.

.... so now might be the right time to buy. Depending on if you think the pound is going to fall any further.
And of course it's impossible to know. Whenever an "expert" tells you that the pound *is* going to rise or fall, that's always just their opinion. Everything the market knows about the future value of the pound is already in the current rate.

And of course it's impossible to know. Whenever an "expert" tells you that the pound *is* going to rise or fall, that's always just their opinion. Everything the market knows about the future value of the pound is already in the current rate.
Very true.
Although until March I would think it's pretty safe to say that it's not going to get back to anywhere near pre referendum levels unfortunately. Unless the Government signals that it wants to remain in the EEA which is looking unlikely right now. I would also expect it to fall once Article 50 is triggered unless the Government has shown clear signs that it wants to remain in the single market but from what I'm hearing they are prioritising immigration.

Unfortunately it only seems to take a negative comment from someone such as the French president for the markets to panic and the value of Sterling to drop which is what we saw recently.

Last edited:

The financial market is too fluid and unpredictable at the moment (wait until we do actually leave), but I do know I got far less dollars for my pound yesterday than I normally would! My trip to B&H photo next week will be a little more expensive [emoji45]

Last edited:
Back