Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Owners Thread

The financial market is too fluid and unpredictable at the moment (wait until we do actually leave), but I do know I got far less dollars for my pound yesterday than I normally would! My trip to B&H photo next week will be a little more expensive [emoji45]

remember the 8% sales tax...

$3500@1.2=£2919x1.08=£3150.......lot more than Panamoz,

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Sigma compatibility issues with the mk4 have been resolved yet?

Does anyone know if the Sigma compatibility issues with the mk4 have been resolved yet?
You check if there is an update on the lens? Which lens are you referring to that have problems?
That will be these issues:
https://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/index.php?route=information/news&news_id=225

It seems to affect all Sigma lenses. A quick check of the Sigma firmware download page shows that there have been no firmware updates addressing these issues.
http://www.sigma-global.com/en/download/lenses/firmware/

You check if there is an update on the lens? Which lens are you referring to that have problems?
It's the 150mm-600mm but seems to affect all sigma lenses at present, I'm looking at buying this camera but not until the issues have been resolved.

That will be these issues:
https://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/index.php?route=information/news&news_id=225

It seems to affect all Sigma lenses. A quick check of the Sigma firmware download page shows that there have been no firmware updates addressing these issues.
http://www.sigma-global.com/en/download/lenses/firmware/
Thank you, I wasn't aware of this page, that puts me in a quandary, do I go ahead and get this camera, wait for a fix or look at alternatives.

... that puts me in a quandary, do I go ahead and get this camera, wait for a fix or look at alternatives.
Honestly? Your profile page says you own two crop-sensor DSLRs, one of which is the very capable 70D, and a bunch of not-exactly-stellar lenses, most of which are crop-sensor only. You'd see a much bigger improvement for less outlay if you upgraded your lenses first.

Honestly? Your profile page says you own two crop-sensor DSLRs, one of which is the very capable 70D, and a bunch of not-exactly-stellar lenses, most of which are crop-sensor only. You'd see a much bigger improvement for less outlay if you upgraded your lenses first.
Yes honestly, my current set up will be given to a family member and along with a new body I will be purchasing 3 "L" series lenses but still want to retain the Sigma 150 - 600mm lens.

Didn't know about the Sigma issue with the mk4, went out last week with my 150-600 C attached to it. Don't know if I had the recommended settings or not! Never noticed any issues. Maybe the camera is setup ok!
Birds and some sunlight on plants, the last 30 or so on my flickr here https://www.flickr.com/photos/madmackem/

I'm amazed (well, not really) how many people are moaning about today's press release. All over the internet people are slagging Canon off for not offering the crop reduction, which was a hoax fed to Canon Rumors (who admit this) and beleived by many gulible people.
I'm also amazed that people brought a camera that didnt offer C-Log, and are now up in arms that for a small % of what the camera cost can get this new feature. Canon never advertised the 5D4 as having C-Log, so those that needed it obviously brought the wrong camera.

I personally could not care less about C-Log, i am sure who those care enough will pay fort his.

I mean if your livelihood depends on it, whats $99? It's like if someone says your new camera you love already can be upgraded to shoot RAW for $99, I'd pay it and bite their hands off instead of changing system to just get the feature on other systems.

I care for C-Log but i wont pay 99 to be without my dslr for god knows how long...

instead i will just use my a7r2 for video work.

Would love to be in a position to add a couple of these to the bag but i'm not. It's a camera that could do everything I needed for the next 5 plus years.

Anyone notice the battery in the 5DIV don't last as long as the 5DIII?

I could shoot about 9 hours with 1 battery with my 5DIII previously before it gives me battery warning, I think with the 5DIV I can get 30% less, this is with the GPS turned on though. Anyone else finding the same? I am going to have like 4 batteries per camera i think for jobs, just in case.

Yep, my only real complaint with this camera. I now carry a spare with me all the time. I have had 600 shots from one charge, but my average seems to be be around 350-400. Not the end of the world but still not as good as previous cameras (or my 80D).

To be fair, within the space of 3 hours the other day I tired off almost 1700 shots and it got to 1 bar before I swapped. I reckon I could get to 2,000 shots.

Oh god i need that 35mm lens. I just love the look of these images. Its a lens that has been on my radar for a good few years, but not one i expect to ever own (along with the 50mm f/1.2). Mostly due to cost but also due ot the fact tha ti have a 35mm f/2 IS tha ti hardly ever use, so cant justify getting this one. and im always good at talking myself in to buying things lol.

Still loving my 24-70 f/4L A LOT. Its hardly been off my 5D4 since i got it, and so far ive not found any reason to feel i still need to keep the f/2.8

Education at the IWM.
by Dave Pearce, on Flickr

Oh god i need that 35mm lens. I just love the look of these images. Its a lens that has been on my radar for a good few years, but not one i expect to ever own (along with the 50mm f/1.2). Mostly due to cost but also due ot the fact tha ti have a 35mm f/2 IS tha ti hardly ever use, so cant justify getting this one. and im always good at talking myself in to buying things lol.

Still loving my 24-70 f/4L A LOT. Its hardly been off my 5D4 since i got it, and so far ive not found any reason to feel i still need to keep the f/2.8

Education at the IWM.
by Dave Pearce, on Flickr

35mm is my favourite/natural focal length that I gravitate to. 50% of my images are taken through it so the cost is easily justified, as opposed to say having a 45/TSE and in terms of percentage, less than 1% of photos are taken with that.

It is expensive but I think it's a lens for the next decade if not for life.

35mm is my favourite/natural focal length that I gravitate to. 50% of my images are taken through it so the cost is easily justified, as opposed to say having a 45/TSE and in terms of percentage, less than 1% of photos are taken with that.

It is expensive but I think it's a lens for the next decade if not for life.
Same. My favourite focal length is 35mm

I think with the 35 vs 50mm debate for me its a confidence thing. The further away i can stand from people the better lol. I find i use my 35mm more for indoor cramped situations like clubs/pub/resutrenats etc. Having IS on it is also a big plus for me, and I think id miss that if i got the 35L.

I think with the 35 vs 50mm debate for me its a confidence thing. The further away i can stand from people the better lol. I find i use my 35mm more for indoor cramped situations like clubs/pub/resutrenats etc. Having IS on it is also a big plus for me, and I think id miss that if i got the 35L.
No problem with me on a Sony mirrorless :). I've used the Canon sigma 35mm on it

Back