weekly Chris's TP52 - not dead yet!! Face added

They are a couple of real nice bird images Chris, especially like the young Bald Eagle, beautiful detail !!!

Numbers is well caught too, a nice angle on that bend, plenty enough depth in the shot too, brings out the action nicely and number abound, like it :)

Nice catch-up Chris
Dark - Stunning detail in the face and I love the cross-eyed look the owl is giving you.
Attractive - Another fantastically detailed shot, spot on with the focus on the eyes. What is he thinking as he's looking at you? Dinner? ;)
Re-shoot: Numbers - That's a cool thing about bike racing, you can have a fast shutter speed, but the very act of cornering makes you know that they are moving, without having to pan.
It looks like you've not got it quite horizontal (judging by the uprights behind the bikes). I like the shot though, where is it?
Power - Nice piece of panning there. I'm not sure on the angle though, either less or more but the angle you've used (for me at least) feels a bit awkward. Your shot though, so you know what you're aiming for :)

POWER - Nice work Chris, thats a brilliant example of panning, speed and power. I love the colours too. well played.

NUMBERS - This too is a cracking shot, i love the lighting, the colours, and the energy captured in this shot. I also think its a great take on the theme. nicely done sir.

Great catch-up. For me attractive and power stand out.

Dark, a very good shot of the owl, but my eye goes to the white blob LHS. Attractive, now that is a cracker and yes very attractive bird too, nice catch up :) Also like the Numbers Re shoot, good focus and panning.
Weirdly the spot hadn't jumped out at me, but now I cant miss it :) (y)

Nice catch-up Chris
Dark - Stunning detail in the face and I love the cross-eyed look the owl is giving you.
Attractive - Another fantastically detailed shot, spot on with the focus on the eyes. What is he thinking as he's looking at you? Dinner? ;)
Re-shoot: Numbers - That's a cool thing about bike racing, you can have a fast shutter speed, but the very act of cornering makes you know that they are moving, without having to pan.
It looks like you've not got it quite horizontal (judging by the uprights behind the bikes). I like the shot though, where is it?
Power - Nice piece of panning there. I'm not sure on the angle though, either less or more but the angle you've used (for me at least) feels a bit awkward. Your shot though, so you know what you're aiming for :)

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Both Numbers and Power were taken at Donington Park this last weekend, if Im honest Im never 100% convinced on most of the angles I put the bikes at but hey, they seem to look better than level (y)

POWER - Nice work Chris, thats a brilliant example of panning, speed and power. I love the colours too. well played.

NUMBERS - This too is a cracking shot, i love the lighting, the colours, and the energy captured in this shot. I also think its a great take on the theme. nicely done sir.

Thanks, glad you like (y)

Great catch-up. For me attractive and power stand out.
Thanks Bernd (y)

Nice catch up Chris, super bird shots ...and that's an excellent capture of the action with the bikes.
Thanks Susie (y)

Wonderful detail in the eyes on attractive Chris and that looks like a great piece of panning in power (y)
Thanks Emma, Im still working on the panning, but its getting better, Im getting slightly more keepers :)

2 nice shots with the birds, very sharp and lots of detail with good eye contact in the second.

I love to shoot bikes when I can, usually BSB at Cadwell, Donington or Oulton. Club meeting at Brands Hatch a guess....

(y)

Good catch up!

Love the expression on the owl for Dark and the detail in the bald eagle is great.
Numbers - good reshoot and I like the way the picture captures the different lines the bikes are taking into the corner.
Power - very good panning and a nice sharp shot. Not sure about the heavy darkening of the rest of the picture as it feels a little like the bike is in a spotlight, I think maybe a little less would work better IMHO.

Numbers reshoot, love how you can see the "heat" shimmering off the vehicles. Not sure if it's an effect you applied in post-editing but it's bloody fantastic.

Power is also superb. So sharp despite the blistering motion!

2 nice shots with the birds, very sharp and lots of detail with good eye contact in the second.

I love to shoot bikes when I can, usually BSB at Cadwell, Donington or Oulton. Club meeting at Brands Hatch a guess....

(y)

Thanks Foggy, I'm hoping to get to Cadwell later this year, I will probably be at Oulton too :)

Good catch up!

Love the expression on the owl for Dark and the detail in the bald eagle is great.
Numbers - good reshoot and I like the way the picture captures the different lines the bikes are taking into the corner.
Power - very good panning and a nice sharp shot. Not sure about the heavy darkening of the rest of the picture as it feels a little like the bike is in a spotlight, I think maybe a little less would work better IMHO.

Thanks Steve, if I'm honest, the more I look Power, the more I dislike the darkening myself. Maybe a tweak later.

Wow, what a fantastic photos of the birds. Love the eagle. It's like he is staring into my soul.

Numbers reshoot, love how you can see the "heat" shimmering off the vehicles. Not sure if it's an effect you applied in post-editing but it's bloody fantastic.

Power is also superb. So sharp despite the blistering motion!

Thanks Dom, There have been no effects added to Numbers, the only PP was crop, clarity, vibrancy and a touch of sharpening. Glad you like Power too, its a good feeling when after trawling through all the blurred shots you spot me thats sharp :)

Numbers - a very good shoot to look at, and not the easiest subject to capture.

Dark - stunning shot I really like the bright yellow in the owl's eyes, like this image alot.

Attractive - what a cracking capture of the eagle, love how you have kept loads of detail in the feathers and that he is looking straight at the camera.

Re shoot - A perfect image of one of my favourite things, and plenty of numbers to be seen.

Power - works well for me I love it. Great effort on the catch up.

Back