weekly Chris's TP52 - not dead yet!! Face added

Just do as much as you like, the more you do this and get compliments the more you'll enjoy it.

He does look comfy. nice warm tones, maybe just a slightly tighter crop removing the bottom of the cupboard on the wall at the top.

Just missed the focus on the eyes, hairy chap looks like mine when I point a camera at them...not again dad.

(y)

Hey Chris ... good to see you back. Definitely looks Comfortable in that chair and lovely warm tones in the image to suggest that. As for Hairy, yes all of that and more ... lovely soft gentle eyes.

He does look comfy. nice warm tones, maybe just a slightly tighter crop removing the bottom of the cupboard on the wall at the top.

Just missed the focus on the eyes, hairy chap looks like mine when I point a camera at them...not again dad.

(y)

Thanks Foggy, I agree on the crop. I hadn't even noticed the cupboard. Ive just tried cropping a a bit off the top and left hand side (y)

Hey Chris ... good to see you back. Definitely looks Comfortable in that chair and lovely warm tones in the image to suggest that. As for Hairy, yes all of that and more ... lovely soft gentle eyes.
Hi Carl, thanks for that, lets see how far I get this year ;)

An ice lolly in winter? But he looks very comfortable there indeed!

Pity about the focus not being on the dogs eyes, but bang on theme too.

Two excellent shots Chris - no shoehorn for Smooth ... those stones suit the theme well, excellent focus & DoF

Nice bit of calcite there Chris and a very nicely done stone stack.

Two excellent shots Chris - no shoehorn for Smooth ... those stones suit the theme well, excellent focus & DoF

Nice bit of calcite there Chris and a very nicely done stone stack.

Thanks both. It's the first time I've done a stone stack, tbh I normally find them a bit cliche, but Ive just got a Sigma 35mm Art and wanted to have a play to see what it can do :D

Two excellent beach shots, I know the stone stack is a very cliched shot, but I like it nevertheless.

Hi Chris

Comfort I like ... good & sharp in the right places. And I can never resist those stacks of pebbles on the beach with OOF BG.

(y)

Hi Chris, nice shot for smooth only one small thing for me is the the dark patch of sand in the bottom right hand corner find my eye being drawn to it, part from that (y)

Thanks Nigel, I hadn't spotted it until you mentioned it tbh, now i cant not see it (y)
Hi Chris

Comfort I like ... good & sharp in the right places. And I can never resist those stacks of pebbles on the beach with OOF BG.

(y)

I love your stone stack - perfect dof leaving a hint of texture in the surf and great composition with lots of blue sky for them to reach up towards.

Just seen this.

Stone stacking, always liked these.

Cheers.

I've always liked stone stacks myself but never tried it before (y)

Comfort is a lovely, warm shot despite him eating an ice cream :D

Mineral almost looks like an optical illusion switching between bottom up and top down.

Smooth, I'd like a tighter crop as the sand on the rhs is distracting.

Good start Chris (y)

Mineral reminds me of a scene from Scary movie :D

Smooth, haven't seen too many balancing stones for a while, great idea. (y)

Comfort is a lovely, warm shot despite him eating an ice cream :D

Mineral almost looks like an optical illusion switching between bottom up and top down.

Smooth, I'd like a tighter crop as the sand on the rhs is distracting.

Good start Chris (y)

Thanks for the feed back, I tried a few differentt crops, but settled on this in the end (y)

Smooth - nicely taken, I like the contrast between the stack of smooth stones and the rough surface they are sitting on.

Thanks Steve (y)

Mineral reminds me of a scene from Scary movie :D

Smooth, haven't seen too many balancing stones for a while, great idea. (y)

I must admit I haven't seen many myself for a while. It went through a stage where almost everybody had taken a stack of pebbles with against the beach (y)

Ok so I've been struggling all week trying to find something different for Whole, in the end I decided to get both the shoehorn and crow bar out. I then spotted this weeks theme and was undecided about whether or not to submit it as this weeks. In the end I decided that I liked the alternative use of this particular "hole" in the harbour wall.

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Really like this shot, black and white suits it and I like the perspective.

Nicely composed and B&W conversion works very well. And that looks like an 'artisan' coffee shop, so surely everything served there is wholesome and you're bang on theme :)

I like that Chris .. .loads of holes what with the rain gully and porthole too. Lovely scene and an excellent b&w.

Back