Clives 52 in 2020

Workd well - and I prefer No2 :)

That is a lovely set of images, I love the way you've caught the rainbow colours, and theres plenty of interest in there too.

Good colours in the rainbow's and will captured.
Thanks Dominic
Week 16 - I didn't realise ceanothus looked that close up! I think I like the crossroads one best composition wise, though I don't know how you'd decide which way to walk :)

Week 17 - I like the rich colours. I like the lighter foreground in the first, although the rainbow is stronger in the second. Interesting how the lines wiggle a bit when everything is so mechanised.
Thanks Bebop the Ceanothus is lovely, the rainbows were a lucky find, right time of day with the sprinklers in the right place.

Well caught and the processing really brings out the colour of the rainbow
Thank you Allan

That's great Clive. The rainbow effect is terrific.
Thanks Pete.

Workd well - and I prefer No2 :)
Thanks Dave

Hi Clive,

Lovely set of images for more than one. Great colours and lead in lines created by the plants. I think No 2 for me too.
Thanks Lee, getting a lot of inspiration from the farm

That is a lovely set of images, I love the way you've caught the rainbow colours, and theres plenty of interest in there too.
Thanks Jim

Week 18 Music Related

A few choices here, the first is from my daily exercise walks a Robin singing. We have heard so much birdsong and seen so many birds.
PSX_20200504_204033.jpg
The next 3 are very music related we have just had this year's holiday cancelled (no surprise and we had decided we didn't want to go to the airport or sit on a plane in June) so I am busy planning next year's break. It will be our 40th wedding anniversary and my wifes 60th and we are planning a month touring Tennessee. The book is a Tennessee tourism guide the 2 CDs are from my collection, just happened to be the most colourful.
The affect applied was something I saw on Facebook and following a Photoshop tutorial these are my efforts.
Original
PSX_20200505_125522.jpg
Twirls
PSX_20200505_125915.jpg
PSX_20200505_125747.jpg

Wow I love these. I also saw a lot of twirling going on on Facebook - maybe the Practical Photography page, but I haven't had a go myself. These are really effective.

That will be such a great trip. Nice to have something like that to look forward to in these strange times.

Wow I love these. I also saw a lot of twirling going on on Facebook - maybe the Practical Photography page, but I haven't had a go myself. These are really effective.

That will be such a great trip. Nice to have something like that to look forward to in these strange times.
Thank you Bebop, trying to talk Mrs H in to another renewal of vows at Dollywood. (We did an Elvis version for our 25th in Vegas).

Great robin shot - especially captured in mid song. Very nice indeed.

I like the twirl effect as well - how did you get that? And sons like a great trip you have planned! Apparently there's some good whiskey down there as well [emoji848]

Love the Robin shot.

These twirl things do nowt for me I'm afraid.

40th wedding anniversary and my wifes 60th
You don't look old enough in your avatar Clive :D

Robin for me. Who doesn't like a bit of bird song ?

Great robin shot - especially captured in mid song. Very nice indeed.

I like the twirl effect as well - how did you get that? And sons like a great trip you have planned! Apparently there's some good whiskey down there as well [emoji848]
Hi Shugpug we see Robins everyday walking and they like to pose.
For the twirl effect try https://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/twirl-art-effect/

Love the Robin shot.

These twirl things do nowt for me I'm afraid.
Glad you like the robin, the twirl is a bit seen one you've seen them all! But at least it was something musical twirled.

#4 for me Clive. The black background and the brightness of the abstract patterns against it.
(y)
Cheers Tim

You don't look old enough in your avatar Clive :D

Robin for me. Who doesn't like a bit of bird song ?
Cheers Cobra, that picture was 1974 I think....but Mrs H says I havnt changed a bit! The bird song at the moment is great,

Great set of images for Music Clive I like them all perfect timing on your chosen image.

I really like the Robin and you've caught him beautifully in mid-flow. I'm not keen on the abstract twirls I'm afraid.

Sounds like a great trip you're planning.

Superb collection of photographs. Great holiday to look forward to too. We re-booked ours for 2021, instead of farting about getting a refund when it was cancelled for something to look forward to in the hope some normality is restored.

Great set of images for Music Clive I like them all perfect timing on your chosen image.
Hi Mark thank you
I really like the Robin and you've caught him beautifully in mid-flow. I'm not keen on the abstract twirls I'm afraid.

Sounds like a great trip you're planning.
Hi Pete, the robin was my chosen shot, the twirl the result of too much time on my hands. Next year's trip should be excellent, really looking forward to the Grand Ole Oprey.

Superb collection of photographs. Great holiday to look forward to too. We re-booked ours for 2021, instead of farting about getting a refund when it was cancelled for something to look forward to in the hope some normality is restored.
Hi Bob thank you. Normality that could take some getting used too.

Love the little robin song.. they are beautiful to listen to when they kick-start the dawn chorus.
Interesting twirl shots make for a great effect - nice to play with new techniques and learn something new whilst we're in lockdown.

Love those twirl shot - I like the darker one particularly, the colours almost resemble a tartan. It's almost like you pre-empted the colourful theme!!

Love the little robin song.. they are beautiful to listen to when they kick-start the dawn chorus.
Interesting twirl shots make for a great effect - nice to play with new techniques and learn something new whilst we're in lockdown.
Thank you Helen

Love those twirl shot - I like the darker one particularly, the colours almost resemble a tartan. It's almost like you pre-empted the colourful theme!!
Thank you Tom...a week to soon!

Week 19 Colourful

On my daily exercise walks I am seeing lots more birds. This Yellow Hammer was singing at 7.30 ish on Friday morning. Beautiful birds, the female is not quite so bright but still pretty.

PSX_20200511_194423.jpg

Lovely and colourful - well shot. There's a little too much yellow in the scene for me, but beggars cannot be choosers just at the moment!

I've not seen one of those in a very long time, well spotted and captured Clive

Music
I think I like the second shot the most out of the four. It looks like a promotional poster.

Colourful
I don't think I've seen a yellow hammer in real life.

Hi Clive.

Nice capture of the bird, all nice and sharp but what happened to the background it looks weird.

Pete

Great to get so close and well captured Clive.
Used to be lots around my area when I was a kid (a long time ago now) but I've not seen one for ages.

Lovely and colourful - well shot. There's a little too much yellow in the scene for me, but beggars cannot be choosers just at the moment!
Yellow bird early morning sun through yellowish leaves.

I've not seen one of those in a very long time, well spotted and captured Clive
Cheers Cobra, I hadn't seen one for a long time either, now I see 10 or more each day!

Colour matching done to a T there Clive.
Nicely spotted and captured.
They add a nice splash of colour to our countryside

Music
I think I like the second shot the most out of the four. It looks like a promotional poster.

Colourful
I don't think I've seen a yellow hammer in real life.
Thanks Dominic it's a travel guide with a couple of CDs from my collection. The yellow hammers once found are easy to spot.

Well spotted Clive - he seems very well camouflaged.
Thanks Helen, they do come out onto the paths

Music loved T Rex, and the last one is a cracker with the black BG.
Thanks Dave

Hi Clive.

Nice capture of the bird, all nice and sharp but what happened to the background it looks weird.

Pete
Thanks Pete, could be the Olympus effect.

Great to get so close and well captured Clive.
Used to be lots around my area when I was a kid (a long time ago now) but I've not seen one for ages.
Thanks Pete, I am seeing lots now.

Hi Clive,

Good image for music. Robins have got amazing song for such a small bird. I like the twirl effect. Makes my eyes go a bit funny :)

Your Yellowhammer photo is very colourful. I don't think I have ever seen one of those. Well seen and taken.

Hi Clive,

Good image for music. Robins have got amazing song for such a small bird. I like the twirl effect. Makes my eyes go a bit funny :)

Your Yellowhammer photo is very colourful. I don't think I have ever seen one of those. Well seen and taken.
Thanks Lee, the bird song has been one of the great pleasures of being furloughed.

Colourful - Nice spot I love the bright yellow never seen one before.
Thanks Mark, I hadn't seen one for about 30 years.

I was looking for old farm machinery for this week but couldnt find any. Nice one :)

That's nice Clive.
It has that abandoned, overgrown, derelict look that really suits the B&W processing.
The sky *could be* blown (or that could be the processing), but I think it works as a contrast to the machinery.

Glad you know what it is Clive.. I would just have said "plough".
Works so well in b&w. I would perhaps drop the sky slightly but that may be your choice.

Colourful, a nice capture very well spotted.
Old I really like this, great mono conversion.

Nice find Clive, it works well.

Back