weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

Abandoned - I can't fault either of your images, but I think the good old Landy has the edge for me.

Camouflage - not to keen on the slithery serpent :exit:, so it is the chamleon for me nice colours.
Snakes are very much un loved :(

Thanks for dropping by Mandy (y)

Abandoned - I like the mist in the back of the LR shot which adds to the abandoned feel but overall I prefer the shot of the old elephant house, like the curve of the building and the processing.

Camouflage - Amazing creatures, would have liked the snake a bit closer as it feels a bit lost in the shot but love the one of the chameleon. Thinking about taking the kids to the zoo next week so could have done with this theme again.

would have liked the snake a bit closer as it feels a bit lost in the shot
Its hiding :D

Thinking about taking the kids to the zoo next week so could have done with this theme again.
I'll see what I can do :D

Enjoy yourselves if you get there :)

Thanks for your kind comments Steve (y)

Dangerous?
Maybe so...

Lots of Photo shop prep went into this as I don't actually own one, I had to make one from photo shop,
but as its been a wet afternoon, I had nothing better to do anyway, ( like go get a gob shot :( )

Ooeeggge.jpg

Good effort and I like the originality of the subject. What would really have made it work is some smoke / incense burning to make it a little more atmospheric, but then not everyone has that! (My wife does and I bloody hate the stuff).

Can't fault the image other than it looks a little wonky, as in too little not to be intentional?

What would really have made it work is some smoke / incense burning to make it a little more atmospheric,
I did think that also unfortunately no I don't have any,
Can't fault the image other than it looks a little wonky, as in too little not to be intentional?
It maybe lens distortion? I was stood over it within a few inches with a 10-22 at about 10mm. That as straight as I could get it unfortunately.
Thanks for the comments Ian (y)

I'm viewing on a small phone screen mind you so could be wrong! :)

A spirited effort PHP ... a bit o-c-c-u-l-t (think I've spelt that right). Very novel indeed but definitely Dangerous by all accounts. Pales my paltry matchstick into insignificance ha ha.

A spirited effort PHP ... a bit o-c-c-u-l-t (think I've spelt that right). Very novel indeed but definitely Dangerous by all accounts. Pales my paltry matchstick into insignificance ha ha.
Yep you don't stand a ghost of a chance against that do you? :D

Cheers Carl (y)

Oui that's a good idea, ja?

Good effort putting that together in PS, well done

Dangerous indeed (allegedly).
Nicely done Chris. :)

And there was me expecting a dangerous animal of some kind... Nice work though and a great take on the topic :)

Impressive ps skills there mate, the photos not bad either, nice and evenly lit and on the brief.

Oui that's a good idea, ja?
Oh dear :D

Dangerous indeed (allegedly).
Nicely done Chris. :)
All round my house later to see if it works? :D

Great idea, very original

And there was me expecting a dangerous animal of some kind... Nice work though and a great take on the topic :)
I was hoping to head for the zoo for a tooth and claw shot, but the weather let me down :(

Impressive ps skills there mate, the photos not bad either, nice and evenly lit and on the brief.

Definately potentially dangerous ;) well shot!

Thanks for the kind comments guys they are appreciated (y)

Blimey ... all PP work, nicely done Chris (y)
Cheers Dean (y)
I must say though... not so much fun when you put so much hard work into a theme :D
As above I was hoping to shoot up the zoo for a tooth and or claw shot.
The weather dictated otherwise, So it kept me out of mischief on a wet Saturday afternoon :)

Ps anyone wanna by a custom made Ouija board ?
:D

I once took part in a ouija board session would never do it again it messes with your head, nice work on making the props not sure the artistic license of the candle works the inclusion of it elongates the picture a little.
Definitely dangerous though not as dangerous as bears in the woods. ;)

Abandoned - I like the land-rover best (actually pun excused I like the horse best)
Camouflage - I love the colours of the chameleon picture
Dangerous - lot of effort put into it by the sound of it very different.

Last edited:
What a great idea for the theme! :) Too bad you didn't have an actual oujia board as I can imagine you could set up a really creepy scene with it. But nice photoshop work!

Camouflage - so pleased you didn't disappoint and do something non-animal for this one ;) It's a cracker of a shot and the lighting is wonderful.

Dangerous is very nicely shot - hopefully it goes to show you that you have talent at lots of different types of photography!

Abandoned - I like the land-rover best (actually pun excused I like the horse best)
Camouflage - I love the colours of the chameleon picture
Dangerous - lot of effort put into it by the sound of it very different.
Well done with your photoshoppery Cobra.....and for thinking of such an unusual idea for the theme ....really well put together :clap:
What a great idea for the theme! :) Too bad you didn't have an actual oujia board as I can imagine you could set up a really creepy scene with it. But nice photoshop work!
I made it, printed it off, and took a picture of the 3 elements, together, I kinda run out of idea's but in retrospect, I guess a skull and a few bits, wouldn't have gone a miss.
Camouflage - so pleased you didn't disappoint and do something non-animal for this one ;) It's a cracker of a shot and the lighting is wonderful.
Dangerous is very nicely shot - hopefully it goes to show you that you have talent at lots of different types of photography!
Thanks Paul, every now and again I get creative, ( thats probably it for 2016 though :D )

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys, they really are appreciated (y)

All round my house later to see if it works? :D

NO! Don't you know the three rules of Ouija?

Great effort, I'm all for making your own props.

What, no animal :exit:

Good idea Chris but it seems quite distorted and is definitely not straight so playing havoc with what is left of my brain :coat:

Dangerous - wow that looks like it took a bit of effort from your self :D I am impressed, they do say that kind off stuff can be dangerous so works for the theme for me. I don't even mind the fact it's a little wonky, hopefully you will be back shooting animals soon.

NO! Don't you know the three rules of Ouija?
OK, all round your house then Nick :D
Good idea Chris but it seems quite distorted and is definitely not straight so playing havoc with what is left of my brain :coat:
Sorry about the Jill :D
As I said earlier its probably lens distortion ( or maybe even something a little more sinister ... ? ) as it was shot at 10mm at a distance of about 9 inches
hopefully you will be back shooting animals soon.
I hope so too Mandy :)

Thanks for all your comments guys (y)

Very Dangerous, when we done one we kept blaming each other for moving the glass, and was going to punch each other,ha.......ha....:eek:
I only did it once in my mis-spent yoof, and I was getting answers to questions that only I could possibly know, and I wasn't even touching the glass!

Symmetry is a little off...and I notice these things more now...but on theme and been a while since I used a ouija board :)

Cheers.
Cheers Andy (y)

So, Topical.
You have no idea how close I came to throwing this back in the "bag"
A last minute search for topical news, gave me THIS

Mars.jpg

Back