weekly DH59's 52 for 2014 - Week 3 Close added

Excellent take on the theme 'Close', nice depth of field. Did you get them as a Valentines gift? :runaway:

Great image Diane (y), showed mi missus, she said awwwwwwwww :D

Composition, lighting, colours, bg, all goes well together :)

lovely shot - are they little salt and pepper pots or something??

Well lit too, and well done not blowing out the arm of the white one.

Thanks for the comments. It was a bit of a grab-shot really, out of desperation that I hadn't got the shot by Saturday!

Excellent take on the theme 'Close', nice depth of field. Did you get them as a Valentines gift? :runaway:

They're not mine. I spotted them in the kitchen when we were visiting friends this weekend. I plonked them on the kitchen table, which is a marble effect, set up their iPad in its case as a plain background (resting against the bottle of gin!) and hoped for the best, hand-held. The focus is a little bit suspect, if you inspect closely!

lovely shot - are they little salt and pepper pots or something??

Well lit too, and well done not blowing out the arm of the white one.

Yes, they are salt and pepper pots. I had to clone out lots of little white dots, from the reflections of the ceiling spot lights.

Yes Diane, bang on theme (y)
I feel a lighter background may have suited the subject more? :thinking:
Thats only my opinion though, its well lit and I like the little figures too.

Hi ya

I almost took a shot of those pots for my Close shot ,they were on the table at the hotel we stayed at in Iceland .

Gld I didn;t as yours has much better colors , much nicer bg & really nice lighting (y)

Tried to post last night, then we had a power cut!

I've decided to admit defeat!! Things are piling up here, I just haven't been able to put in the time. I was going to play catch-up, then something else held me up. We have finished decorating, I've been working full time, and we are still in the process of clearing the clutter in preparation for our move to Cyprus later this year - we are going over in a few weeks time to have a final recce on places to live. The house is now on the market, and I still have more stuff to sort and sell, recycle, give away, dump, etc., so it really pains me to have to give this up and it's hardly even started.

I will try and keep an eye on what everyone is doing and hopefully comment on your images. Good luck with it!!

I've decided to admit defeat!! Things are piling up here, I just haven't been able to put in the time. I was going to play catch-up, then something else held me up. We have finished decorating, I've been working full time, and we are still in the process of clearing the clutter in preparation for our move to Cyprus later this year - we are going over in a few weeks time to have a final recce on places to live. The house is now on the market, and I still have more stuff to sort and sell, recycle, give away, dump, etc., so it really pains me to have to give this up and it's hardly even started.

I will try and keep an eye on what everyone is doing and hopefully comment on your images. Good luck with it!!

sorry to hear that your having to retire early from the challenge. I hope that all goes well in the move for you, and you return hopefully next year when things are more settled.

:thinking:............ moving to Cyprus, TP52 2014
Emoticon-Think.gif
............. I know where my priorities would lie Diane and it wouldn't be taking photos ;)

Good luck with the move :), we'll expect to see plenty of blue sky though in your TP52 2015 :D

I've decided to admit defeat!!

All the best for the move.... A number of people drop out along the way, but few seem to bother to say goodbye..

I'm sure Marsha, (@The goblin ) would offer some local knowledge from her short time there...

Hello from a wet and stormy Cyprus :wave: I think it's the first proper rain of the year though!

Sorry you're pulling out of the 52.

But yes I moved out here in November, not here full time though only a few years! The weather has been a hellish 19c most days this year. Still waiting for winter to happen!

We've got power cuts too. The Cypriots are striking against privatisation so we're losing power shortly for about four hours! Also had none this morning so no chance for any TP!

But hey it's Cyprus my friend!

Let me know if you need any info out here, I don't know much still but might be able to help :)

Thanks all!! We'll see how this year pans out, and I hope I can make the TP52 2015!

Marsha, thanks for the offer of help. I might need it! It's a minefield trying to find out what we need to do!! I'm sure it will all fall into place once we get going. We have done quite a bit of research, visited a couple of times in 2012 when we were first looking to come over, and we know a few people over there from joining an ex-pat forum. We are over for the first week in May to do a bit more looking round, although we have a good idea of where we might like to live. We are coming over with a couple of friends, so it is a bit of a holiday as well.

Our house went online yesterday via the estate agents and we have a viewing tomorrow, so fingers crossed...

All the best with the move, see you in 52 2015 fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Back