weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

Hi DK. I prefer the second strangely. Nothing wrong with the first but the reflections in #2 are complete not cut-off. The fact that you have two planes of vision, vertically and then at the bottom, horizontally, gives the composition :clap:added interest.

Hi DK, lot of stairs this week already
Isn't there just :whistle:

this is definitely one of the better ones, the first one with the inclusion of a person and the blue footsteps at the top is excellent :clap:
Wow.. Thanks Allan :)

Hello, DK

Amazing shots... Love the first WAY more than the second, and to know it's not posed, made it even more amazing for me... :clap::clap:
Thanks a lot Nora :)

Hi DK. I prefer the second strangely. Nothing wrong with the first but the reflections in #2 are complete not cut-off. The fact that you have two planes of vision, vertically and then at the bottom, horizontally, gives the composition :clap:added interest.
Ahhhh well spotted Carl, really appreciate you looking at the fine detail :) (y)

First for me as well, prefer the deeper DoF and the guy helps avoid the up/down illusion

I'm going to buck the trend and go with the second one. Whilst I like the guy in the first one, I really like the PoV of the second one and the fact that the reflection is there in both sides makes it for me :clap:

First for me as well, prefer the deeper DoF and the guy helps avoid the up/down illusion
Thank you Chris :)

I'm going to buck the trend and go with the second one. Whilst I like the guy in the first one, I really like the PoV of the second one and the fact that the reflection is there in both sides makes it for me :clap:
Thanks Lee :)

Well thats 2 of us anyway :D
Carl did too... so now a threesome :pompous:

The first is best BY A MILE. I love the reflections and the pose and the cap, he's a Lowry Esk working class figure. Forget the noise and the light this is a "moment" worthy of any street photography book. Superb!

:agree: totally :D

Excellent ... is this just the 2nd escalator shot this week? Hmmm ... I don't wish to trouble any security guards but now I want to play. :naughty:

Last edited:
Hi, Dean, I think you're being too hard on yourself, number one works really well for me and the inclusion of the blue footprints is belting, great symmetry, I do like the guys position but if I was to be a very critical I would like him to be facing forward with his hands by his side just to add to the at symmetry.

Minor point though

cheers

Blimey Dean, you do live dangerously :eek:

#1 for me. The inclusion of the bloke makes it more interesting and I love the reflections too. :)

Well down for sticking around that long to get the pic (y)

Mine only took about a minute and most of that was getting up the stairs :p

:agree: totally :D

Excellent ... is this just the 2nd escalator shot this week? Hmmm ... I don't wish to trouble any security guards but now I want to play. :naughty:
Haaaaa thanks David, I think you should go do some too :D

Hi, Dean, I think you're being too hard on yourself, number one works really well for me and the inclusion of the blue footprints is belting, great symmetry, I do like the guys position but if I was to be a very critical I would like him to be facing forward with his hands by his side just to add to the at symmetry.

Minor point though

cheers
Cool - Thanks Andy :)

I may even have one with him facing head on (the one other shot of him), I'll fire the PC up and have a look in a bit :)

Blimey Dean, you do live dangerously :eek:

#1 for me. The inclusion of the bloke makes it more interesting and I love the reflections too. :)

Well down for sticking around that long to get the pic (y)

Mine only took about a minute and most of that was getting up the stairs :p
Thanks Jill :) - your walk up the stairs was well worth it!!

Hi DK ...well I saw the second one on Flickr and really loved it ...now I've seen the first one too ...hard to choose a favourite as I really like them both ...well done for freezing the movement so well ...love the inclusion of the blue feet on the treads ...perfectly placed ...really well done :clap:

Hi DK ...well I saw the second one on Flickr and really loved it ...now I've seen the first one too ...hard to choose a favourite as I really like them both ...well done for freezing the movement so well ...love the inclusion of the blue feet on the treads ...perfectly placed ...really well done :clap:
Thank you Susie :)

The second one is the only one that has appeared on FB for some reason, damn LR has a mind of it's own which ones it posts over :thinking:

Looks busy enough to me, nicely on topic. It seems to take us about a year to unpack all the boxes after a move (well OK there are probably one or two in the loft that have never been unpacked).

As others have said, very organised Dean, great idea and bang on theme (y)

Very novel take DK but I suppose this is your natural habitat at the mo. Like the focus ... draws you in past the blurred items to the point of interest at the far end. :clap:

Hi Dean

A simple shot - but strikes immediately at the innate dread that is being dis organised - You just know that what you are looking for is at the very far corner - where the focus is! Like it! (Still at least you know where the Christmas Decorations are!!)

Last edited:
Hi DK, sort your life out will you, must be frustrating living with all the boxes but at least they have come in handy (y)

To be fair, you look fairly organised for the move. Any time soon?
Realyy... to me it's manic :D

Move will likely be Feb/March now I think, hey ho... could be much worse, we could be stuck somewhere I don't like, just looking forward to Christmas now :)

The shot does what it says on the tin... Impressively you've got the vertical straight which is something I always find a bit difficult when close up.
Thanks again Tim :)

Looks busy enough to me, nicely on topic. It seems to take us about a year to unpack all the boxes after a move (well OK there are probably one or two in the loft that have never been unpacked).
Thanks Chris :)

Same here with unpacking, we found loads of boxes unopened from the move before last one :D

As others have said, very organised Dean, great idea and bang on theme (y)
Thanks Chris number one :D
Very novel take DK but I suppose this is your natural habitat at the mo.
You aint wrong Carl :(

Like the focus ... draws you in past the blurred items to the point of interest at the far end. :clap:
Cool... thanks :cool:

Hi Dean

A simple shot - but strikes immediately at the innate dread that is being dis organised - You just know that what you are looking for is at the very far corner - where the focus is! Like it! (Still at least you know where the Christmas Decorations are!!)
Thanks Richard :)

Yes some decs are up, Christmas cards and of course the tree :)

Hi, Dean... Love the colours, the point of view and how the box in the foreground became like a natural divider.. And man, you are more organised than me when it comes to moving, for sure... Hope all goes well with it (y)
Thank you Nora, for the nice feedback and wishes (y)

Hi DK, sort your life out will you, must be frustrating living with all the boxes but at least they have come in handy (y)
Thanks Alan (y)

Now would you believe we thought we had WAY too many boxes, but have virtually ran out !!!!
Hi DK ...well the topic fell perfect for you this week :)
Didn't it just :D

an excellent shot, on first glance you get disOrganised, but on a closer look you see that everything's labelled and you get Organised.
Many thanks Susie :)
Do hope your move gets sorted soon ....I suppose it will be in the new year now :(
unfortunately yes :(

Hi DK ... up to your usual high standard .... well lit and OOF FG work well. (y)
Cheers David, glad you think so :) (y)

Well finally I have my last catch up shot from the summer, I kept forgetting about this one... so

Popped out today, first day off work to get some last minute shopping while Mrs Dk was at work, took my camera with me and hoped to get a festive entertain shot... amazed, no brass bands, no quire's, not even the salvation army... so had to go with the only buskers in the town today.

A bit of a crop this one, light was poor so I wanted to concentrate on the lady's face and reflection, not the sharpest but this close to the end, this will do fine to tick a late box

Wk 23 - Entertain

Wk 23 - Entertain by TP DK, on Flickr

Don't see anything wrong with that one DK - I think it's a terrific capture. Nicely sharp on the face and the reflection works well. :clap:

And onto this weeks... a couple of shots here...

Not the most obvious scouting places for the theme, but I wanted a twist to 'living' so visited a graveyard :D

My idea was to get images of things that are living in the place of the dead - the first is my favorite but all just about squeeze in the theme...

I like this one for the contrast with the writing on the gravestone and capturing him with a nut in his mouth :geek:

Wk 51 - Living by TP DK, on Flickr

Second one I had to include just because he posed for the shot... again I like the graves in the background...

Wk 51 - Living 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

This last one, I wanted to try and show that although long past, the dead are always living in peoples memories and thoughts, hoping the flowers help this :thinking:

Wk 51 - Living 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

Thanks for visiting all :)

All three are excellent DK but I must say, my favourite is #2 which has the best lighting and DoF of the three. Stunning shot :clap:

Nice catch up Dean (y)

Entertain, I'd have preferred it with the shadow across her face, but the concentration there on, draws you away from it anyway.

Living. #2 for me also, although it does look like the squirrel has chewed a chunk out of the head stone :D

All three are excellent DK but I must say, my favourite is #2 which has the best lighting and DoF of the three. Stunning shot :clap:
Cool - Thanks Carl :cool:

Nice catch up Dean (y)

Entertain, I'd have preferred it with the shadow across her face, but the concentration there on, draws you away from it anyway.
I see what you mean mate, the only shots I have without the shadow have her not playing :D

Living. #2 for me also, although it does look like the squirrel has chewed a chunk out of the head stone :D
I think it was a bit peckish :LOL:

Spot on with entertain DK ....that's a smashing light on her face.
Thanks Susie :)

I love all your shots for Living, the squirrel in #2 is just amazing, well done for catching that one, I think it's fabulous. #3 echoes my own sentiments, very nicely done.
Thanks again Susie... I see a pattern already with the comments, thinking I have picked the wrong one again :)

I agree with the above, all good but #2 is more obviously in a cemetery

Entertain - Blimey DK, that's even more of a catch-up that I had with Tear.
Ain't it just :whistle:
Spot on subject and I like the harsh lighting, works really well.
Thanks Tim :) The strong lighting was tough to expose for, in the end I settled with 1 stop under to still keep some shadow detail :)
Living - #3 for me, purely due to the bright colours.
YAY !! one for the grave :)

And here is my first... and hopefully NOT last shot for week 52...

Plain, Simple and straight to the point, focus was on the wording, not perfect again but will do nicely... Hopefully I can get a few more tenuous linked ones as the week goes on :)

Wk 52 - Christmas by TP DK, on Flickr

Works well Dean I'd be more than happy with that (y)

God knows how I'm gonna shoe horn this one though :D

Back