weekly Fabphoto's 52 challenge 2015 - Week 6: Watery

Like the others didn't get it at first but then twigged, good effort and non back ground has helped

lol, at first I thought there might be a couple of 'strikers' on the clock, but I got it after reading your explanation. The only thing I would change would be either a closer crop of just the face and hands, or a wider crop to show more of the tower. As it is, it looks a little cramped, probably due to the low angle. Good lateral thinking tho :clap:

As already mentioned a little tenuous, regarding the theme,
but who am I to say Eh? :D

Its lovely image of an ornate time teller (y)

Nope, not for me, I'm afraid. The white sky has caused the clock face to be a little under-exposed and I think the theme has been a little pushed, but, onward and upward as my own effort for this weeks theme (elegant) is a bit iffy.

I can see what you were trying to achieve here but it's not working for me :sorry: A close up on the hands would make it more obvious and the angle feels very odd too, but that's why we do this I guess. To see what other people think of our efforts (whether or not we agree with them :p) and to improve.

I like the simplicity of the first image for Watery, and the crispness of the actual splash. First the theme nicely :)

TBH I’m not so taken with the 2nd. The t/s effect doesn’t work very well and befuddles my eyes a little bit.

I like #2 but it's an archive image so that doesn't count.

#2 is weird and wacky ... is it a tilt shift?

I like #2 but it's an archive image so that doesn't count.

#2 is weird and wacky ... is it a tilt shift?
Hi David,
Yes it is. First time I tried it, it was a bit of an experiment, but maybe doesn't look as good as I thought.

Hiya Fabien, for scenic you've definitely chosen an image which is on theme! You have some lovely colours and to be honest, I'd probably prefer the scene to lose the sun, i.e. crop it out so we can just look at the glorious colours in the water and sky.

Good idea for Companions - again, definitely on theme. The sky is a bit neutral so I'd be tempted to convert to B&W (or retake at sunrise etc.)... could also work with a closer crop perhaps?

Watery, I agree with you completely that the fountains shot is better - personally I don't mind the T&S effect as for me it more or less works. Well taken at a very low position so well done... I'm less fussed by archive shots to be honest!

Back