First time doing 52 (2017)

Name
Aidan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, this will be my 52 thread.

Most pictures will probably be shot with a newly acquired Sony A6000 with the 16-50mm kit lens.

Here is my first go at this.

Week 00 - Song Title / Lyrics.
I went for quite a basic one, had to trawl through my playlist to find a good song title. I used the song title Latch which is a song by disclosure (Very good song actually)

Week 00 by Aidan Roberts, on Flickr

Welcome to the forum and the 52's Aidan :)

As Dave says, please remember to add a link to 'On & from' the photo's only thread, that will direct people here to your photos to add comments :)

First image, I like it, nice shallow DoF and a good subject for the theme too, good luck with the rest of your challenge :)

Welcome to the forum and the 52's Aidan :)

As Dave says, please remember to add a link to 'On & from' the photo's only thread, that will direct people here to your photos to add comments :)

First image, I like it, nice shallow DoF and a good subject for the theme too, good luck with the rest of your challenge :)

Thanks for the welcome and feedback :) although I've been on this forum for 2 years I've always just lurked rather than post :p I did also put my image on the thread

Shan't pretend that I know the song Aidan but an excellent interpretation. Good luck with the rest of the '52

Nice idea and good use of dof - I'm just finding the bright thing to the left of the door a little distracting?

Thank you, and that's actually the handle of the door which I think your referring to. Your right it is a little distracting compared to the rest of the image :)

I don't know that song, but the photo is well composed. Maybe the DoF is a tad too shallow, and the door could be straighter, but the picture works for me.

I don't know that song, but the photo is well composed. Maybe the DoF is a tad too shallow, and the door could be straighter, but the picture works for me.

Thankyou for the feedback. I agree with what you said about DOF, if I were to re-shoot I'd use a slightly larger aperture and make the door straighter in the frame.

I don't know the song either but the photo certainly fits it well. The handle does distract a bit maybe it would distract less if it was more in focus but I don't know.

I don't know the song either but the photo certainly fits it well. The handle does distract a bit maybe it would distract less if it was more in focus but I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with you about the handle (y)

I'm not going to pretend to have heard the song (at least not until I checked it out on YouTube 2 minutes ago).
Certainly fits the theme.
I'd have to agree with brrnd about the DoF, though rather than reducing the aperture, I would shot from a slightly different angle to keep the whole of the baseplate in the same plane of focus.

Keep up the good work. Only another 52 to go ;)

Good take on the theme and use of depth of field but for me the handle is shiny and distracting but also, the key to using depth of field is to have something sharp in the picture and Im not sure you've quite achieved it here?

Thanks for the comments, I will certainly take them on board.

I'm not going to pretend to have heard the song (at least not until I checked it out on YouTube 2 minutes ago).
Certainly fits the theme.
I'd have to agree with brrnd about the DoF, though rather than reducing the aperture, I would shot from a slightly different angle to keep the whole of the baseplate in the same plane of focus.

Keep up the good work. Only another 52 to go ;)

Thankyou very much, this 52 is definitely a great tool to improve photography (y)

Back