weekly Flashy22's 52 week challenge - "People" added

Welcome to Project 52. A nice and on theme shot to start. I like the close-up idea but the image is a bit soft with the white overexposed too.
Hello. Many thanks for your comments. Can I ask ;
What does too "soft" mean.
And how would I correct over exposure?

Thanks
Paul (a definite newbie)

Hi Paul
to soft is a kind of way of saying out of focus....
Exposure can altered either in camera or in processing software like Lightroom etc.
The issue with taking pics of the snow is that the camera will see lots of white and try to turn everything grey and thus look under exposed.
Adding at least 0.3 exposure comp would help in camera in this instance.

Also, if ou are doing the full TP52, you should start your own TP52 thread in the forum and then keep adding to that thread as the 52 progresses (and change the thread title to show updates). rtaher than individual threads for each new theme...if that makes sense ?

Welcome to the 52 challenge and good luck with it, thick works for the theme but I do agree the image is a bit soft but a good attempt.
I have noticed you have a couple of threads dotted about for the challenge maybe if you have a read of these links it will help you to set up for the challenge without having to create a new thread for every theme. Im not sure if @Cobra could have a tidy up of things :). I hope you find this useful and it will help you to get more people to your thread and help you learn along the way with constructive comments and critique, Just click the link below.

2018 52 how to guide

Last edited:
Thick .... this is a grower, I like it the more I look. The subtle difference between the focussed and the OOF.

Thick - I like the contrast between the dark twig and the white of the snow and that the snow is so much thicker than the twig.

Thick, Nice Image that works well, I don't mind the slight out of focus or the dull look as it does portray the feeling of a snowy winters day.

You do seem to have focused on the twig over on the left, which appears to be the closest point, it may be the way you are using autofocus, what sort of camera are you using and how do you view the images when you take the photo, using a view finder or on the screen on the back of the camera..

People, lovely image of a lovely lady. She (to me) could be positioned better.

Overall two nice images well on theme.

Pete

Lovely smile. Somehow it makes me think ... American 60s school photo.

Back