Flowers - an open thread.

3 from the garden.
2 Clematis And a full sized sunflower

View attachment 396881

View attachment 396882

View attachment 396883
Lovely set. Sunflowers are a real pick-me-up. We used to have a few in our garden which I have photos of. I missed these last night in my rush to finish off the last of my Lake Magiorre photos because I'm banned from being on here after a negotiated 10.00pm shut down. I posted mine at 2156...lol

My wife can't get to sleep because of my study light and my, as she calls it ,'tippy-tapping' on the keys as I post. :D

I see I have 30 minutes left. I'll maybe have to negotiate a 15 minute extension :)

Cheers John.

We all know who wears the trousers :p
Maybe try another room?

:D ..We do live in harmony because of compromise and almost no division of labour. I am banned though, from ironing and also cooking most meals.. :D

I can't move to another room as my iMac..27"... is in my study and can't be moved and it's too hard on the iPad.

I see it's 10.28pm. .:eek: ........Goodnight ..:D

Last edited:
I can't move to another room as my iMac..27"... is in my study and can't be moved and it's too hard on the iPad.
Ah OK I had assumed, wrongly as it turns out, that you had taken a laptop / ipad to bed with you.

I didn't know sunflowers came in "small" this is less than an inch across ( that's 25 mm in new money)

IMG_9149.jpg

Last edited:
Classic

IMG_9258.jpg

Pom Pom

IMG_9259.jpg

I always thought that sunflowers were 1 flower per stalk.
It seems not, this one is 7 headed

IMG_9264.jpg

Last edited:
A yellow-ish one.

IMG_9305.jpg

A red one

IMG_9314.jpg

And a white one

IMG_9316.jpg

Finally a multitude of colours from the sweet peas.
It took long enough, but they got there.
Just 2.
IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9410.jpg

Flowers giving way to seeds

IMG_9412.jpg

A bit closer

IMG_9412c.jpg

Just for fun, it doesn't look happy does it?

IMG_9427.jpg

Anemone Pavonina

IMG_9442.jpg

Passion Flower not sure what type, because its not the one I bought and sadly the flowers only last a day.

IMG_9440.jpg

My Sunflowers just about hanging in there.

IMG_9462.jpg

Some more than others

IMG_9464.jpg

Some of mine, still going strong

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9491.jpg

Back