Ganton Gunners 52'ers challenge 2019 week 12 young added

Clean, love the use of lego men. I might steal that idea at some point this year.

Hi Peter

New, nice details in a the Image, look so new.

Clean, works ok, but I'm not a fan of these lego figure shots

Pete

@Allan.H your thread is here ;)

Bit of an optical illusion going on there Peter.
the perspective lines of the table make the bottle look as if it's tipped towards us (at least to me). Was that intentional?
Nice warm colours. And I didn't know bud came with a screw cap...

Batman Bud, love it Peter a really good fun type image. Like the tones and texture in the flooring plus the shadow, know it`s cut off but still like the shot.

thanks i did think more shadow would work but unfortunately it runs off into a shadowed area and does not look that great :(

@Allan.H your thread is here ;)

Bit of an optical illusion going on there Peter.
the perspective lines of the table make the bottle look as if it's tipped towards us (at least to me). Was that intentional?
Nice warm colours. And I didn't know bud came with a screw cap...

No it was not intentional :) Its on the floor and I had to take from that height otherwise i would get the dresser in the background :(.
And yes Buds have come with screw tops for about 2 years now i think.
I have 4 boxes of them left from Christmas to keep me going for now :D

Oh Peter..... this was my idea..... You guys are getting into my head, i’ll Have to get out the tin foil and wrap my head !! Still if it wasn’t for Job Hunting I would’ve got my submission in earlier. Nicely done..

Last edited:
Welcome to the 52 challenge I am a little late to visiting your thread, but good luck with your challenge.

New - nice sharp image and bang on for the theme and for the technique.
Clean - a nice fun image for the theme, I like it.
Open - another nice Lego image for the theme. I am not to keen on the BG, I feel a different BG would boost the image.

The Lego figure adds a fun touch to this one Peter, I like the choice of the oak flooring as a background, the colours work really well.
Thank you after finding out the old pic for last week i decided to dig the lego out :)
Oh Peter..... this was my idea..... You guys are getting into my head, i’ll Have to get out he tin foil and wrap my head !! Still if it wasn’t for Job Hunting I would’ve got my submission in earlier. Nicely done..
hehe thanks always thought i was maybe psychic hmm actually that might have been psychotic.
Fun shot for OPEN. Works well as it is or maybe mono conversion? Anyway, hope Batman won't be robbin' yer beer! :exit:
thanks lol yep hes is not allowed to be robbin my beer :D
Welcome to the 52 challenge I am a little late to visiting your thread, but good luck with your challenge.

New - nice sharp image and bang on for the theme and for the technique.
Clean - a nice fun image for the theme, I like it.
Open - another nice Lego image for the theme. I am not to keen on the BG, I feel a different BG would boost the image.
Thank you for your comments much appreciated.

Very creative take on the theme! You could have just taken a photo of the bottle, but the addition of Batman really gives it a punch of humour and adds to the overall image. I bet it took you a while to balance everything, not sure I'd have the patience for that haha

Hi Peter

I still don't like these Lego Figures, but I must admit Batman holding the bottle top works better than no Batman. I just hope he does not have too much of a hangover after all that beer!.
Overall a pleasing image.

Pete

I usually quite like the lego/toy characters in photos but not sure about this one. I don't think it adds much and doesn't feel like it interacts much with the bottle. Having said that it's a good shot, on theme and I like the lighting and the shadow you have got.

Cool, fun image and spot on for the theme Peter!(y)
The shadows are great and I like the central composition...gives the image a nice impact.
The colour contrast work well too, and the grain texture in the floor is brill!
Batman 'tops' it all off nicely!!:giggle:

Hi Peter

For me you can't go wrong with a lego figure :D As others have said the clean image is a little soft but you did know that. Good fun idea though. Open is a much sharper image, love batman holding the top and very nice floor too :D

To explain the post above from Elsie :kiss: I'm not a fan of the lego pics
but having seen it you have used the lines of the floor well and a nice use of a wide angle lens, you could lose batman for me.
lol thanks :)
Very creative take on the theme! You could have just taken a photo of the bottle, but the addition of Batman really gives it a punch of humour and adds to the overall image. I bet it took you a while to balance everything, not sure I'd have the patience for that haha
Thank you much appreciated and yes it took a little while balancing.
Hi Peter

I still don't like these Lego Figures, but I must admit Batman holding the bottle top works better than no Batman. I just hope he does not have too much of a hangover after all that beer!.
Overall a pleasing image.

Pete
thank you :) I was good and oly let him have a cap full so no hangover.
Like you style Peter. Good fun take on theme
Thanks appreciate it :)
I usually quite like the lego/toy characters in photos but not sure about this one. I don't think it adds much and doesn't feel like it interacts much with the bottle. Having said that it's a good shot, on theme and I like the lighting and the shadow you have got.
Thank you and I appreciate the comment.
Cool, fun image and spot on for the theme Peter!(y)
The shadows are great and I like the central composition...gives the image a nice impact.
The colour contrast work well too, and the grain texture in the floor is brill!
Batman 'tops' it all off nicely!!:giggle:
Thanks very much appreciate your comments and so does Batman :)
That's a good fun image for Open, Peter, and works well in colour with the wood colours in the background.
Thank you and yes i liked the wood myself i had tried a couple of different backgrounds.
Hi Peter

For me you can't go wrong with a lego figure :D As others have said the clean image is a little soft but you did know that. Good fun idea though. Open is a much sharper image, love batman holding the top and very nice floor too :D
I do like my Lego figures :) and thanks on the floor though to be honest its due a sand and varnish :(
I definitely am going to get some Lego figures, great take on the theme
They are good fun I have not bought any though since the weekend lol.

Fun image and right on theme that's a lot of beer for such a little guy I hope he shared it with you.

Like it, gives a real sense of the height

You got the shot in time so good on that Peter, do actually like it even though it`s a bit busy and rather you take it than me.
thanks and yes I agree about it being too busy.
Well it certainly fits the theme, as Dave said it’s a bit busy, but that really shows the height of the platform, definitely too distant from the ground for me!
thanks appreciate the comment :)
On theme perfectly... A bit busy as others have mentioned...... but the angle shows the distance to the ground very well.
Thanks for the comment.
Like it, gives a real sense of the height
thank you :)
Sod that for a game of soldiers!
Hits the theme :) Onwards and Upwards (not literally... That's high enough.)
lol thank you.
Very interesting perspective, nicely taken.(y)
You have some great light too.
So....you had to jump that gap from the scaffolding to the ladder?
Definitely on point for the theme....I'm getting vertigo the more I look....very effective pov!!
Thanks and yes had to jump the gap to the ladders about 2 1/2 feet away.

I ran out of time as well and ended up resorting to a phone picture. At least we got one though.

Back