weekly Gardenbirder's 52 for 2021

A Pair of Sulphur-winged Parakeets feeding in dense shrubbery taken on a trip to Panama in 2017 for my wife's big birthday. Can wait to get travelling again!

Pair 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Lovely image, great use of greens and the birds are really nicely captured.

Lovely shot. That patch of red on the cheeks focuses the eye on the birds and makes them stand out against all the green.

Nicely paired parots :)

A montage of primates (10 species I think) taken respectively in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Panama, Sri Lanka, India and The Philippines. Hopefully you guessed '12 monkeys'? :)

12 monkeys (1 of 1).JPG

Last edited:
I was thinkling Planet of The Apes. :) Nice montage.

Film
I'm rubbish at guessing these films.
So even though I didn't get it, I still think what you've done to make the film title is quite creative.

Really struggled for an idea this week but then, lying awake last night I remembered taking this through a skylight when we lived in Cornwall a few years ago... i'd say that's pretty much half!

Half 52 (1 of 1).JPG

Nice Moon shot - always better away from full moon to get that lovely edge detail :)

Nicely done, great detail and fits the theme.

That's some going - mega crop or mega lens?
Thank you! It was a birding set-up, 500ml lens, auto-focus, remote trigger, tripod and gimble head out of a velux window on a bright moonlit night :) Moderate cropping but pretty much the only sharp image out of about 50 attempts!

Nice. I like a half moon, when you're no sure if you can see the other half or not.

Apologies it's another stock image, itching to get back out with my camera now. Cvoid jabs day today instead! This is a Snowy Egret photographed on a darm stream in the Everglades, Florida. It's one of my oldest images that i've kept. I believe it delivers on both reflection and low key?

52 reflection (1 of 1).JPG

Nice Egret Michael (y)
I'm not sure that qualifies as low key though
As he's the keeper of the sacred scrolls, I'll Let Tim @LC2 make the call

Great photo whatever age Michael, On Monday while out walking our dog I saw a heron standing on a branch just over the water which gave a nice reflection, no use with out a camera and long lens.

Pete

Teflon shoulders there @Cobra !!!
:LOL:
I thought we agreed ages ago, that it was your call?
But if want my call I'd say no, sorry Michael

Back